View Poll Results: Republican or Democrat?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

51 38.06%
  • Democrat

83 61.94%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Republican or Democrat?

Was gonna make a few threads with questions regarding the election, but before I do, I wanted to kno how many Dems an GOPs we got here. Judging by all the anti Bush/McCain stuff I see, Im gonna guess the dems outnumber the republicans.

Your stance?

Junior Poster

Ill start. Im Republican and will be voting such.

Curious to know why yer voting the way you are. I kno this can be a hot topic, so no fights here about it plz.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Republican or Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by Gmanfromthechi
    Was gonna make a few threads with questions regarding the election, but before I do, I wanted to kno how many Dems an GOPs we got here. Judging by all the anti Bush/McCain stuff I see, Im gonna guess the dems outnumber the republicans.

Your stance?
    I imagine that many people here are Libertarians.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

i m not from States but if i was i will not vote any of them, Warren Beaty said onces that USA doesnt need a third political party but a second one

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

I bet I can predict the results before it's even over.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Gee, thanks for all the "Diverse" choices in your poll!
    Truth is, the differences between the two are negligible in a larger picture. Two sides of the same coin, as it were. The two party system is a paradigm to give Americans the sense that they still have a sense of choice. It doesn't matter who wins this election. The wars will wage on, your paychecks will continue to be grossly over taxed, the economy will continue to fail, and corporations will continue centralizing all the power. A coup has been staged on the peoples government by a fascist corporatocracy. The Obama "change" campaign is a farce

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

I didn't see Independent or Libertarian, so I didn't click on the poll. While the 'third' parties have little chance of winning a national election on their own, they are powerful enough to tilt the vote and many of their supporters can be considered in the swing/undecided numbers. While my views take a decidedly Democrat direction, I don't swear allegiance to that or any other political party and prefer to look at the individual candidates rather than the party as a whole. It is historically proven that any party is capable of putting a crook or a moron in office.

As this nonsense began to play out and the caucuses and primaries culled the herd, I had strongly considered McCain over Obama, though still considering it a lesser-of-two-evils race. Yet, in recent weeks, especially with the left-field choice of Palin as VP and all of the baggage that came with that train, I am now firmly convinced that Obama would work out better. Note that I did not say 'best', just 'better'.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Professional Poster

What *I* could predict was a thread mostly full of whining about "only 2 choices". That's comically common online.

But the real problem is the voting system. If the voting system is set up like ours, then it's *mathematically necessary* that politics gets dominated by 2 primary parties.

So if you need to change any of this, you need to first start by changing the voting system. The rest of the bellyaching is about as useful as complaining that it gets dark at night.

Duverger's Law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger%27s_Law
    Libertarian Reform Caucus: http://reformthelp.org/issues/voting/range.php
    (Title: "Why Alternative Parties Must Get Range Voting, or DIE")

The voting system is deeply flawed, I agree, especially since the introduction of electronic voting. The bigger problem actually is the vast blitzkrieg of disinformation and propaganda pulled over our eyes by the mainstream media; who are owned by mega-corporate conglomerates who also own defense contractors (weapons manufacturers) that make money off of war. It is social engineering on a grand scale and people are mentally herded around the likes of which, is uncanny. War, is a euphemism for genocide. Nothing in politics happens by accident... Remember that

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!