View Poll Results: Republican or Democrat?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

51 38.06%
  • Democrat

83 61.94%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    I bet I can predict the results before it's even over.
    Exactly, this board is most definitely predominately Democrat.

Default Dems & Repubs...

Neither.
    Why? Well, a quote from Noam Chomsky sums it up fairly well: "The United States effectively has a one-party system, the business party, with two factions, Republicans and Democrats."
    Libertarians from Ron Paul to social liberals like Ralph Nader firmly believe that. Plus, there's a slew of Presidential candidates: Brian Moore to Cynthia McKinney who are excluded.
    People should vote for their interests. The problem with both Barack Obama and John McCain is, well, they're so outside the mainstream of American opinion.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Default Re: Republican or Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by Gmanfromthechi
    Was gonna make a few threads with questions regarding the election, but before I do, I wanted to kno how many Dems an GOPs we got here. Judging by all the anti Bush/McCain stuff I see, Im gonna guess the dems outnumber the republicans.

Your stance?
    Why do you want to poll the forum before you make threads regarding the election? It reminds me of someone saying "I'm thinking about telling this joke . . . but, uh (looks around room) I hope there aren't any Polish people around. I want to make sure no-one's going to get pissed off at me before I tell it."

Just make some election related question threads, if that's what you want to do.

Libertarian here. Anybody here remember when Jessie Ventura was governor of Mn? He was my kind of politician. Didn't care who he offended, didn't try to censor what was on his mind, didn't believe government was the solution to all our problems, and didn't believe government had any business in our personel lives.

The only thing I don't support Libertarians on is their stance on the War on Terror.

Gender is defined between your ears, not between your legs!

Quote Originally Posted by Clind
    i m not from States but if i was i will not vote any of them, Warren Beaty said onces that USA doesnt need a third political party but a second one
    Good quote!!

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Quote Originally Posted by msbhaven
    Libertarian here. Anybody here remember when Jessie Ventura was governor of Mn? He was my kind of politician. Didn't care who he offended, didn't try to censor what was on his mind, didn't believe government was the solution to all our problems, and didn't believe government had any business in our personel lives.

The only thing I don't support Libertarians on is their stance on the War on Terror.
    Jesse Ventura is da man!

The "war on terror" simply generates more terror, on an exponential scale.

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Rookie Poster

It's a total no brainer for those of us outside the US. America has a big image problem at the moment thanks to that bone headed cretin Bush. And the only man that can give you back the moral authority, the self belief and the respect of the world is Barack Obama. The tactics McCain is using at the moment are utterly disgraceful. Hope you don't have a terrorist attack in the next 3 weeks, because if you do the Republicans get in and that would be a disaster for us all.

Professional Poster

Default Re: Republican or Democrat?

Quote Originally Posted by Gmanfromthechi
    Was gonna make a few threads with questions regarding the election, but before I do, I wanted to kno how many Dems an GOPs we got here. Judging by all the anti Bush/McCain stuff I see, Im gonna guess the dems outnumber the republicans.

Your stance?
    I think this "choosing of sides" instead of people actually investigating issues is exactly why the US, and by proxy, the entire world economy is messed up beyond recognition. I used to be a bit soft on it, seeing that they didn't do too much damage, but times have changed.

Also, neither side is properly dealing with bank investments in securities derivatives, so therefore nothing they'll do will fix anything.

Prepare for the 2nd Great Depression.

Junior Poster

Why would someone vote Dem when its clear the Dems are responsible for the current financial mess we're are in?

I don't understand this.

The Dems were behind things like the Community Reinvestment Act (organization responsible for backing risky loans).

The Dems were proponents of Fanny and Freddy and received the most campaign contributions. Dodd was #1 and Obama was #3

The Dems fought ALL attempts at Fanny-Freddy reform.

The Dems, like Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, etc, said there was nothing wrong with Fanny or Freddy.

The Repubs (and this is documented, even in the liberal NYT) tried on several occasions to bring reform to Fanny & Freddy but were blocked by the Dems.

http://blackinformant.wordpress.com/...-back-in-2003/

http://www.humanevents.com/article.p...8973#continueA

http://townhall.com/columnists/Walte...om_the_bailout

http://townhall.com/columnists/Thoma...o_facts_matter

Veteran Poster

Neither.

I am of the libertarian to anarchist faction.

I am socially conservative but don't believe in passing laws for ethics (sex, drugs, rock and roll, etc) is a positive force. Minimize the military for defense only (not oil raids)m encourage non-profits/charities (without government influence, unlike the "faith-based programs") to take the place of government social programs, strip the tax code to bare minimum (e.g. Fair Tax Act), abolish the farm programs which pay farmers not to farm or buy the goods and dump them in the ocean (or on poor countries in the form of "aid", devastating their economies) and all other subsidies, put the government on a crash diet, let the banks fail without billions of tax dollars spent, and let free choice rule the land, not irrational governmental force.

The economy will crash, the question is simply when. There is no such thing as a permanently growing market, though we try to pretend there is. We are burning up economic fuel and it will run to empty if we let it. The only people who can save our economy is us, as individuals, not the massively wealthy State (which survives off our backs). I have no doubt that the American-focused world will crash just as Rome did and every great society in between. When America crashes, it will drag many other countries down but it won't be 500 years of dark ages, we will just emerge in a new economy that isn't focused on the US. My prediction is that the US will crash before the Asian nations or the EU, probably in the next 50-100 years. America burns hot and fast, it will not last like the great empires of old.

So voting here is rather irrelevant. It's like the bad pupil being forced to select which paddle he would like to be beaten with. Both options are bad.

My prediction is that Obama will win, unless there is some polling trickery (as per 2000 and 2004) or "October Surprise" (e.g. terrorist attack or McCain single-handedly "fixing" the economy ^_^). Intrade is trading Obama to McCain at 77-23, which is far more biased than the actual vote will go but I am predicting a 5-10 point gap between the candidates, in Obama's favor.

I have not decided if I am going to vote this election, I will likely abstain or else vote for Bob Barr (L). I have chosen to vote in the local elections, however, and have a slew of parties on my primary ballot, including Constitution, Libertarian, Republican, Independent and maybe even a Democrat in there somewhere. I am not loyal to any political party and consider the whole deal rather futile and bunk.

It's sad that people get all wrapped up in this, as though it makes one bit of difference which one wins.