Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Fear of the Black Man (Are They Trying to Have Him Killed?)

Truly sad are the events that have unfolded over the past week. It hurts when reality smacks you dead in the face. The reality that says that there are alot of people that are terrified that this country could have a black president.

What's crazy about it is that white people that were racist or believed that they were the supreme race used to be open about it. Now they hide it behind words like Muslim and terrorist. There are some ignorant people that actually believe these things but for most the fear itself has absolutely nothing to do with either. Instead it's based more in the fundamental fear that many (not all) whites have always had which is simply a fear of the black male. It's a fear that tells them that if this were to ever happen they would be forced to rethink their own self image which is one that is based on this very belief in their superior. It's a fear that tells them that if this were to ever happen that it would empower African Americans in a way that they would rise up and reach for far bigger things than they have which to them means that there would be less for them.

These rallies that McCain and Palin have been having over the past week have shown this fear boiling over in ways that haven't been seen since the 1960's civil rights movement. This campaign has been reduced to a point of playing off of that fear as a last ditch effort to win the Presidency. But at what cost?

This week has been fueled with the words and phrases "kill him", "traitor", "terrorist" "nigger", "bomb Obama", and "off with his head". We are all aware of this country’s past. We all know that many African Americans have lost their lives throughout this country's history simply for being black. We know that this country’s hands have been stained with the blood of political assassination since its inception (Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, JFK, RFK, Medgar Evers, Malcom X, John Lennon, MLK, and many more).

McCain and Palin understand this and it wasn't until today that one of them denounced any of what has been brewing at their rallies. Should Obama receive some type of special treatment simply because he's black? Yes, because he is the first African American running for President. There are people that want him dead simply because of that without them playing on the fear by referring to him at these rallies by his middle name and accusing him of being a terrorist. I'm not saying that they can't bring up the Ayers issue if they feel that they only means of winning is to play off of this fear but there's a way to do it without getting people so riled up that these people are suggesting that he be killed. So it causes me to wonder whether or not the new campaign strategy is to try to play off of this fear to the point that someone assassinates Senator Obama.

They are playing off of the ignorance and fear of these people. The Muslim thing is a prime example of this. There are member of this board who have accused this man of being a Muslim and to them I say straight up "you're afraid of me and anyone that looks like me". Not afraid in the sense that I'll harm you but rather that my mere existence contradicts your wanting to believe that you are the earth’s superior being.

Why do I say this you ask? Because you have common sense. It was your common sense that told you that there's no way possible that a Muslim man decided 20 years ago that he would infiltrate the American political system (his America) with the goal of becoming President in order to launch and Al Qaeda attack. In order to do this he would have had to have known that being Muslim would be completely unacceptable because 10 years from that time the country would be complete afraid of Muslims. So what did he do? He goes into a Christian church (20 years ago) with this foresight and pretends to practice Christianity. In the process he has a marriage in this Christian church (unrecognized by Allah of course) and even takes it a step further by damning his children to hell by having them baptized. He carries this secret for 20 years so that he can start himself on a path that will lead to him running for President 20 years later so he can pull off the ultimate terrorist attack by (CONVINCING) the people responsible for controlling the nukes to turn them towards U.S. cities and launch.

See it's your common sense that let's you know that no production company would even pick up a script with this plot and your fear of black men that allows you to say that this is why you hate Obama. Just say "I won't vote for a black man", I could atleast respect that. This is not to say that if you're not voting for Obama you're a racist. Not at all. But if you are a person that is going around talking about how you won't vote for Obama because he's a Muslim or a terrorist then YOU ARE A RACIST. PERIOD. If that's the case I urge you to stick out your chest and be bold about it. Just stop hiding being these words.

"Give them nothing, but take from them, everything".. Spartan King Leonidas

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wis...whiteness-clip

Rookie Poster

Obama isn't the first black man to run for president, the first black man to get this far maybe, but not the first. Whether Obama wins or not doesn't matter. Let's see a black man with the background of Reagan or GWB run for president and see how well he does. Let him also have a largely black advisory board and let's see how it goes. It's pretty sad that it requires a half-black, harvard grad to get this far, but there you go. Some would say asians in America are more oppressed than black people. They are still being stereotyped everywhere, there are far fewer asians in politics than hispanic or black people. Yet black people are the only ones who seem to have a monopoly on the slave card. Dude, a lot of asians were slaves. Take a look at the minimum wage sweatshops in America, largely hispanic and asian.

You point to the smear campaign as if it's something new. Hillary took alot of shit from the Obama camp. Palin is taking alot of shit. Bill Clinton probably got called a burger loving honkey more than once. So what? What are you supposed to call Obama? A dirty haole harvard dogooder? Oooh, brutal.

Every country is racist subconsciously. Every time your parents said 'Look at that negro run!' probably left an impression on you, and their parents said similar things. Until an asian atheist lesbian woman runs for president and wins by a large majority, people will keep calling the other camp racist. This is the furthest any black man has ever gotten in the world leadership. How many black men or immigrant PM's or Presidents are there in the western world? 0? How many have even run for president around the world, other than America? 0?

The UK has never had an indian or arab or mixed race person in any higher office, and they're the biggest immigrant groups there, with a long history with the country. Same thing with France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia, anywhere. That's motherfucking racist. America is considerably less racist than most other former colonies of the west.

Quote Originally Posted by circ
    Obama isn't the first black man to run for president, the first black man to get this far maybe, but not the first. Whether Obama wins or not doesn't matter. Let's see a black man with the background of Reagan or GWB run for president and see how well he does. Let him also have a largely black advisory board and let's see how it goes. It's pretty sad that it requires a half-black, harvard grad to get this far, but there you go. Some would say asians in America are more oppressed than black people. They are still being stereotyped everywhere, there are far fewer asians in politics than hispanic or black people. Yet black people are the only ones who seem to have a monopoly on the slave card. Dude, a lot of asians were slaves. Take a look at the minimum wage sweatshops in America, largely hispanic and asian.

You point to the smear campaign as if it's something new. Hillary took alot of shit from the Obama camp. Palin is taking alot of shit. Bill Clinton probably got called a burger loving honkey more than once. So what? What are you supposed to call Obama? A dirty haole harvard dogooder? Oooh, brutal.

Every country is racist subconsciously. Every time your parents said 'Look at that negro run!' probably left an impression on you, and their parents said similar things. Until an asian atheist lesbian woman runs for president and wins by a large majority, people will keep calling the other camp racist. This is the furthest any black man has ever gotten in the world leadership. How many black men or immigrant PM's or Presidents are there in the western world? 0? How many have even run for president around the world, other than America? 0?

The UK has never had an indian or arab or mixed race person in any higher office, and they're the biggest immigrant groups there, with a long history with the country. Same thing with France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia, anywhere. That's motherfucking racist. America is considerably less racist than most other former colonies of the west.
    If what you're saying is true (that America is considerably less racist than most other former colonies of the west) are you suggesting that we "black people who seem to be the only ones that have a monopoly on the race card" simply shut up or move to one of the other former colonies of the west? You said alot but I don't think you really made a point.

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Default Re: Fear of the Black Man (Are They Trying to Have Him Kille

Quote Originally Posted by dafame
    Truly sad are the events that have unfolded over the past week. It hurts when reality smacks you dead in the face. The reality that says that there are alot of people that are terrified that this country could have a black president.

What's crazy about it is that white people that were racist or believed that they were the supreme race used to be open about it. Now they hide it behind words like Muslim and terrorist. There are some ignorant people that actually believe these things but for most the fear itself has absolutely nothing to do with either. Instead it's based more in the fundamental fear that many (not all) whites have always had which is simply a fear of the black male. It's a fear that tells them that if this were to ever happen they would be forced to rethink their own self image which is one that is based on this very belief in their superior. It's a fear that tells them that if this were to ever happen that it would empower African Americans in a way that they would rise up and reach for far bigger things than they have which to them means that there would be less for them.

These rallies that McCain and Palin have been having over the past week have shown this fear boiling over in ways that haven't been seen since the 1960's civil rights movement. This campaign has been reduced to a point of playing off of that fear as a last ditch effort to win the Presidency. But at what cost?

This week has been fueled with the words and phrases "kill him", "traitor", "terrorist" "nigger", "bomb Obama", and "off with his head". We are all aware of this country’s past. We all know that many African Americans have lost their lives throughout this country's history simply for being black. We know that this country’s hands have been stained with the blood of political assassination since its inception (Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, JFK, RFK, Medgar Evers, Malcom X, John Lennon, MLK, and many more).

McCain and Palin understand this and it wasn't until today that one of them denounced any of what has been brewing at their rallies. Should Obama receive some type of special treatment simply because he's black? Yes, because he is the first African American running for President. There are people that want him dead simply because of that without them playing on the fear by referring to him at these rallies by his middle name and accusing him of being a terrorist. I'm not saying that they can't bring up the Ayers issue if they feel that they only means of winning is to play off of this fear but there's a way to do it without getting people so riled up that these people are suggesting that he be killed. So it causes me to wonder whether or not the new campaign strategy is to try to play off of this fear to the point that someone assassinates Senator Obama.

They are playing off of the ignorance and fear of these people. The Muslim thing is a prime example of this. There are member of this board who have accused this man of being a Muslim and to them I say straight up "you're afraid of me and anyone that looks like me". Not afraid in the sense that I'll harm you but rather that my mere existence contradicts your wanting to believe that you are the earth’s superior being.

Why do I say this you ask? Because you have common sense. It was your common sense that told you that there's no way possible that a Muslim man decided 20 years ago that he would infiltrate the American political system (his America) with the goal of becoming President in order to launch and Al Qaeda attack. In order to do this he would have had to have known that being Muslim would be completely unacceptable because 10 years from that time the country would be complete afraid of Muslims. So what did he do? He goes into a Christian church (20 years ago) with this foresight and pretends to practice Christianity. In the process he has a marriage in this Christian church (unrecognized by Allah of course) and even takes it a step further by damning his children to hell by having them baptized. He carries this secret for 20 years so that he can start himself on a path that will lead to him running for President 20 years later so he can pull off the ultimate terrorist attack by (CONVINCING) the people responsible for controlling the nukes to turn them towards U.S. cities and launch.

See it's your common sense that let's you know that no production company would even pick up a script with this plot and your fear of black men that allows you to say that this is why you hate Obama. Just say "I won't vote for a black man", I could atleast respect that. This is not to say that if you're not voting for Obama you're a racist. Not at all. But if you are a person that is going around talking about how you won't vote for Obama because he's a Muslim or a terrorist then YOU ARE A RACIST. PERIOD. If that's the case I urge you to stick out your chest and be bold about it. Just stop hiding being these words.

It causes me to wonder why in a country that I've given so much to since the time I was a slave their still so much disdain for me.
    i feel so sad my african american friends being a miniritty gives me alittle bit of a realitty check to what they go through, macain and palan last week started a race and hate war in every campain they attended,it boiled over on thursday when a white asshole in the crowd yelled kill him and the authoritties took him away,now macain clearly doesnt like barack and palan is just a puppet to insite riot like phrases such as barack hangs out with terrerist then yesterday macain woke up and realized he went to far and gained alot of respect back not from his party because his party is a joke period.ever listen to xm radio the patriot its a discusting pathetic hate mongering station who would never be on the airways here in canada they would be in jail.it shows me how scary americans can get.american motto fight fight fight wtf and ya wonder why americans are hated throughout the rest of the world.the republican spin on the war is the biggest joke of all,you people invaded the wrong country and paid bilions and billions af dollars each month youve been there and what exactly did you accomplish lol zip nuttin and ya wonder why your in a ressession? i

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Default Re: Fear of the Black Man (Are They Trying to Have Him Kille

Thanks Lisa. Very insightful and true.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise

It causes me to wonder why in a country that I've given so much to since the time I was a slave their still so much disdain for me.
    i feel so sad my african american friends being a miniritty gives me alittle bit of a realitty check to what they go through, macain and palan last week started a race and hate war in every campain they attended,it boiled over on thursday when a white asshole in the crowd yelled kill him and the authoritties took him away,now macain clearly doesnt like barack and palan is just a puppet to insite riot like phrases such as barack hangs out with terrerist then yesterday macain woke up and realized he went to far and gained alot of respect back not from his party because his party is a joke period.ever listen to xm radio the patriot its a discusting pathetic hate mongering station who would never be on the airways here in canada they would be in jail.it shows me how scary americans can get.american motto fight fight fight wtf and ya wonder why americans are hated throughout the rest of the world.the republican spin on the war is the biggest joke of all,you people invaded the wrong country and paid bilions and billions af dollars each month youve been there and what exactly did you accomplish lol zip nuttin and ya wonder why your in a ressession? i

Rookie Poster

If what you're saying is true (that America is considerably less racist than most other former colonies of the west) are you suggesting that we "black people who seem to be the only ones that have a monopoly on the race card" simply shut up or move to one of the other former colonies of the west? You said alot but I don't think you really made a point.
    You should never shut up. But considering the other people mentioned don't continuously pull out a card, I suggest stopping that. Jews have been plugging the holocaust for years. But not the Roma, a large portion of Croats, the mentally handicapped or German political prisoners. The entire Roma nation was nearly wiped out, and they're still seen as dirt in every single country they reside in. But I have not seen a single Roma going by schools educating people about the holocaust because they'd probably get told to get the fuck out 'you dirty thieving gypsy fucker'.

Don't pull the race card out so soon. Protest, call your congressman, vote for the mayor/senator/president that has your best interests in mind. Tell your friends to vote for said person. Protest against the opposition.

You should never shut up. But considering the other people mentioned don't continuously pull out a card, I suggest stopping that. Jews have been plugging the holocaust for years. But not the Roma, a large portion of Croats, the mentally handicapped or German political prisoners. The entire Roma nation was nearly wiped out, and they're still seen as dirt in every single country they reside in. But I have not seen a single Roma going by schools educating people about the holocaust because they'd probably get told to get the fuck out 'you dirty thieving gypsy fucker'.

Don't pull the race card out so soon. Protest, call your congressman, vote for the mayor/senator/president that has your best interests in mind. Tell your friends to vote for said person. Protest against the opposition.
    Ok I didn't want to say anything insulting with my first point but now you just sound stupid. Pulling the race card? What are you talking about? The topic of the post is about race. Pointing out what the McCain campaign is doing (regarding race). Are you somehow confused about something because your responses just aren't making much sense. You're going on talking about Croats and German prisoners and this post doesn't have to do with either. ???

Junior Poster

Obama is half black / half white. So if that's enough to call him "black", then by the same logic one would also have to call him "white".

The ostensible intention of the McCain rallies is not so much race-based; the campaign questions whether we know or can trust Obama and casts doubts on his character, by making misleading statements, e.g. linking Obama with the terrorist Ayers, saying he supported sex education for kindergarteners when he was a state senator, and saying he is the most liberal candidate in history, etc. Dumb people will always be swayed by misleading accusations, and that goes on both sides of the political spectrum.

Here's a recent article today on cnn.com about anger at the McCain rallies.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...owd/index.html

Junior Poster

The UK has never had an indian or arab or mixed race person in any higher office, and they're the biggest immigrant groups there, with a long history with the country. ... That's motherfucking racist. America is considerably less racist than most other former colonies of the west.
    If you restrict your comments to President/Prime Minister you are probably on solid ground. On race anyway, since females in that position go back a fair way.

As to non-whites in high office in the UK, the list is long.

Here's just one - Baroness Scotland, the Attorney General.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attorney_general_419.jpg 
Views:	743 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	202874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lgbt_history_baroness_scotland_172.jpg 
Views:	741 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	202875  

Rookie Poster

I'm talking about Croats and German prisoners because they're associated directly or indirectly to race and dissidents and a history of racism. As for the rest, that goes back to my first post. Ok, a small percentage of the McCain camp is using race and religion and plain old made up things against the other guy. In other words fear. And you go on about this as if it's something new. It's fear, and the shitty Murdoch sponsored massmedia is blowing it out of proportion, and the liberal and other media pick up on it because they love news, and it becomes bigger than it really is.

It was one guy at a rally, another guy at another rally and so on. You think one disabled senile old guy with 20 advisors is going to pick up on that, and when he eventually does, because of his advisors, you call the whole camp racist. Oh oh! Racist talk radio. If it's not Obama it's Sharpton or Farrakhan. That's freedom of speech. A lot of western countries don't even have that. I should have closed my first post with this: So what? It's the world, it's racist all over, so what? Fuck it.