Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz
    But I am not talking about physical events but human caused events.
    You are though, in the example of mutual friends, the reason why they can introduce you to people is directly tied to your actions around them over time... i.e. if they think you're a nasty bitch they're not going to set you up with someone.

Not to mention, you can't have mutual friends if you don't interact with people at all.. in this example if you're not interacting with people then it isn't going to matter how positive you think, or how much tact you have, or how much faith you have in "eventually meeting someone."
    I don’t think that anyone would say that all a person has to do is sit think. Rather I think they would say after the thought, then the person’s corresponding actions will take place. A large part of it is, understanding that your actions alone are not the only forces at work. Plus there are other laws at work, such as, “as you give, so shall you receive”, or the Law of Giving. That would be the case if someone was a “nasty bitch”. Then there is the law of Love. That is love attracts other kinds of love.

The end result, if you believe the principles work, is that you will take more action. And you will also look out for more opportunities which may come your way. Opportunities are usually there because of other forces which are at work. Opening yourself up to the possibilities that there are many yet unseen opportunities out there, will give your life positive energy, that energizes you to take action. But again, the key is to understand that your actions are only part of the picture. It's the surfer concept: Sometimes you find the right spot, and just 'ride the wave'. That is what the original poster to this thread did.

Junior Poster

I am fairly cynical about this, but I'm an atheist so just keeping consistent with my disbelief in superstitions and paranormal. Does this predisposition blind myself to witnessing unexplained phenomena? probably, so I may miss a lot of images of Christ in tree knots cause Im not looking, and if a beautiful transexual woman calls me on the phone by accident I will probably be too dumbfounded to end up hooking up, and that, I would actually regret. damnit

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki
    its very real.. the universe is infinite. we only perceive a fraction of reality. dogs see in black and white. if you tried to explain the color red to them they would think you were crazy.. humans also have a limited range of perception.. it is only logical to expect that there is more. more dimensions, look into quantum physics. its all very real.

Truer words have never been spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Quote Originally Posted by icarus2112
    I am fairly cynical about this, but I'm an atheist so just keeping consistent with my disbelief in superstitions and paranormal. Does this predisposition blind myself to witnessing unexplained phenomena? probably, so I may miss a lot of images of Christ in tree knots cause Im not looking, and if a beautiful transexual woman calls me on the phone by accident I will probably be too dumbfounded to end up hooking up, and that, I would actually regret. damnit
    It does not require any belief in a God, the supernatural. It’s just seeing how life works in a particular way. Here’s an example: You give someone a ride home from work whose car is in the shop. When they go back to work, they may tell someone else that you are a nice person and someone else may do something else, like invite you to their party. There are infinite ways you could be paid back. It might only to serve for you to feel better about yourself. It might help you feel more confident, in asking someone else for a favor. But if you did something nice hoping to impress a specific third party, it probably won’t work, and your good deed will make you feel bad. And if you do brag to other people, how good you are, it will also lose some of its effectiveness. These things you already know, and they also come from ancient wisdom. These principles work in business also; like the difference between providing good service vs just watching the clock. They know that word of mouth, from a positive business exchange, is the best advertisement.

The more you understand, the earlier, the more successful and happy you will be in life. Spending more time looking for something positive and less on hating, will affect your physical health in a good way. Ancient wisdom and modern science say the same thing, once you understand.