Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Guess?

"Do you remember V. P. Dick Cheney "
    'YES, I DO. I use to call him 'TAINT'.
    "Taint? Why did you call him that?"
    'Because in every picture he was between Bush and Colin'

Rookie Poster

While I can admire what John McCain went through in Nam. I can't admire where he stands now. Sarah Palin is hot. And an outsider which makes her appealing. But she isn't ready nfor prime time. Obama scares me. I just took his website and bumped against the 10 pillars of communism. If that doesn't scare you nothing will. And Biden is just another one of the elite DC pukes. And they are both lawyers and I have a hatered for laywers
    Last night I could have kick either one of their asses. It was boring. They neither showed passion or compassion for what we are going through in these tough economic times. 300 million people in this country and this is the best we can do. LAdies and gentlemen we need people who put the country first. Put it first before their parties and themselves. Good luck with that one. I am voting for me. I will vote in the local races and if you are an incumbent I vote the other way.

just another girl trying to get by in the world

Quote Originally Posted by vicky
    While I can admire what John McCain went through in Nam. I can't admire where he stands now. Sarah Palin is hot. And an outsider which makes her appealing. But she isn't ready nfor prime time. Obama scares me. I just took his website and bumped against the 10 pillars of communism. If that doesn't scare you nothing will. And Biden is just another one of the elite DC pukes. And they are both lawyers and I have a hatered for laywers
    Last night I could have kick either one of their asses. It was boring. They neither showed passion or compassion for what we are going through in these tough economic times. 300 million people in this country and this is the best we can do. LAdies and gentlemen we need people who put the country first. Put it first before their parties and themselves. Good luck with that one. I am voting for me. I will vote in the local races and if you are an incumbent I vote the other way.
    got to agree if these 2 are the best we can do.....we are in deep shit for the next 4 years.

been voting for the other guy for many years.....figure if the incumbent is defeated it will take the new guy/girl a few years to learn how to steal.

McCaine is the lesser of two evils. BARELY

GOOD THINGS

Although Im not a democrat and never have been I MAY vote for Obama.
    Im also thinking about going to his inauguration next JAN.

stillies77

Obama has my vote.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by vicky
    Please state these "10 pillars of communism"..............

This ought to be good. If you think anything on that web site has to do with communism you don't know anything about world history or about tpes of government.

Rookie Poster

the 10 pillars of communism. taken from Karl Marx
    1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
    2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
    3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
    4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
    5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
    6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
    7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
    8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
    9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
    10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.
    Now take that and look at his website.Look at the democrat platform. And look at the past record of votes and where he has sat on boards. It scares me. It might not you . And that is fine everyone has a right ( for now still) to their opinion. Thats why i love this country. And served it proudly.

just another girl trying to get by in the world

Rookie Poster

Most of those so called pillars already exist in just about every western 'democracy'. I don't buy into Obama's rhetoric, but come on, commie? Give me a break.

Veteran Poster

Okay... not sure I see where most of these apply... could you be a bit more specific.

1 - how is he ending property rights in land ownership?
    2 - graduated income tax I concede, I could argue whether this or not this works within the free market systems... but we clearly have it.
    3 - inheritance is not abolished... it is taxed, but I don't think that is the same thing. Given the trust fund I live off I'm fairly certain that inheritance is alive and well.
    4 - confiscation of property of emigrants and rebels... hmm... emigrants was fine until just recently, I don't know the current status so can't comment. Rebel is hard to define but the seizure laws of the late 80s on has made that a concern, but they have come out of the right in this country, not the left.
    5 - don't think we have a government monopoly on banking, but maybe I'm wrong.
    6 - No one is trying to centralize communication as a state function...
    7 - No one is looking to have the state own factories...
    8 - All must work and build arms. No one is asking me to get a job... though health care would be cheaper if I did... and we all pay for arms... how is this communist rather than just national protection regardless of political philosophy?
    9 - How is he trying to combine rural and city... and how is it relevant in modern society? Equal access to education maybe?
    10 - Again... no child labor as known in that day, minimum education of children, both relatively good things. Combination of education and industry... not sure I see this one either, other than encouraging more practical courses in some areas.

I just don't see your argument here... it feels equivalent to argument about drivers licensing being a form of government attempting to control the means of transportation. Clearly not the intent or actual result of licensing drivers... but there are folks who would make the argument.

I don't want to put words in your mouth so, could you give a few specific examples of even half of these... you claimed all ten are there and I'm conceding at least two... so three more, and why they indicate something incompatible with the American capitalist system?

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...