Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

obama.

something about mccain being one foot in the grave and Palin being the leader of what's still the most powerful country in the world scares me to no end.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Professional Poster

I am voting for Bob Barr. If you want to know more, just look here. http://www.lp.org/issues And feel free to read more of what the Libertarian party is about.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by blckhaze
    obama.

something about mccain being one foot in the grave and Palin being the leader of what's still the most powerful country in the world scares me to no end.
    No doubt, Haze. Palin is cleary a baffle wit. Just ask the "Talibani" or the newest commander of US forces in Iraq – one "General McClellan" of Civil War fame. She's not the one we want in charge of this nation's "nucular" arsenal if we face a confrontation with "Akmadinajad."

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_drade
    I am voting for Bob Barr. If you want to know more, just look here. http://www.lp.org/issues And feel free to read more of what the Libertarian party is about.
    Nothing wrong with Barr, except for the fact that he'll be lucky to get 500,000 votes. He'll, of course, get 0 electoral votes. Not hating on fmr. Rep. Barr, just stating the facts.
    You are probably right about the amount of votes that he will get. But how long will people vote for the lesser of two evils just so that they can say the voted for a winner?

The bottom line is that if you don't agree with a candidates policies, you should not vote for him... Period.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

Rookie Poster

Don't forget people, that not voting works too.

Junior Poster

Not voting or voting for someone who has absolutely no chance in hell of winning is the most ludicrous thing to do. Is Obama the perfect candidate? No But have you guys seen who has been in charge for the last 8 years? If you are not better off now then you were 8 years ago then your choice is a clear one!!

Veteran Poster

Actually not voting doesn't work, and neither does voting for a third party.

Whether we like it or not, someone is going to win and get all the power, and it's going to one of two people. That's a practical reality.

If you don't vote, you have in effect voted for the guy least like you in policy. How? Because you have taken yourself out of the pool of voters, while the other side might have energized people in a similar distance the other way on the political spectrum to vote.

If you vote third party, you usually are part of a drain on the candidate most like you for the same reason. The difference here is you may encourage others to do the same, tipping the balance in close fights against folks who have your interests more in mind.

It would be different if we had a power sharing style of government, but we have a winner take all style. If you win by even one vote... you've won, wait two to six years to complain if you lose.

The concept of the protest non-vote, or third party vote, doesn't have a significant impact on policy most of the time. We've rarely seen close won elections result in bi-partisan work, or even major inclusion of third party agendas.

Someone wins, whether you vote or not. That someone will be from a major party, like it or not. Three months after the election, anyone else who ran will be remembered mostly not as a crusader... but as a spoiler who hurt his own cause.

Not as well put together as Kelly's post, but hopefully you get the point.

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenguinea
    i cant understand the people that say that Palin is too inexperienced to be president if something happened to McCain. Obama isnt any more experinced than her.
    Moreso than experience it's knowledge and judgment. She can barely cite what materials she reads. I don't trust her to lead this country in the event of McCain's absence. Obama, on the other hand, I do.

Neither camp is perfect, but he gets my vote.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7078824_152.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	202360  

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Rookie Poster

I already voted, early. Obama got my vote. 4 more years of Bush style policies from McCain would be absolutely terrible to our economy, our troops, and our standing in the world.

And the thought of Palin taking over if McCain passes away during his 4 years (which is probably more likely to happen than not happen at his age) scares the shit out of me. She makes George W. Bush look like a rocket scientist by comparison.

Rookie Poster

And braveman, you are correct - our one vote does not count. However, when thousands of our "one votes" do add up, they tend to count - usually a representative votes the way the people of their state/district did - though they aren't required to.