Gold Poster

Default The Graysons (A new CW series in the works)

The Graysons are Coming to The CW
    Source:Variety
    October 1, 2008

The CW is developing a series based on Batman sidekick Robin's pre-Caped Crusader days, reports Variety.

"Smallville" executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson, as well as "Supernatural" executive producer McG, are behind "The Graysons," which has landed a put pilot commitment at the network.

Just as "Smallville" focuses on Clark Kent in the years before he became Superman, "The Graysons" will follow the world of Dick "DJ" Grayson before he takes on the iconic Robin identity and aligns himself with Batman.

"The Graysons" is seen as a potential replacement for "Smallville" should that show end its run this season, which has been speculated. Should "Smallville" return next year, "The Graysons" might also make a strong companion piece.

In the one-hour "Graysons," which will be set in modern times, young DJ will face challenges involving first loves, young rivals and his family as he grows up. Souders and Peterson have come up with an original take on the character.
    Links
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ba...ws.php?id=7696

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

Wow cannot believe they did not use the aquaman series which already had a pilot was not perfect but it would been better then this,instead they come up with a show about the lamest sidekick in history.Dammit there are so many heroes that would make for a better series then the graysons.

"Qui Audet Adipiscitur" 5 Star Poster KiraHarden's Avatar

Default Re: The Graysons (A new CW series in the works)

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    October 1, 2008

The CW is developing a series based on Batman sidekick Robin's pre-Caped Crusader days, reports Variety.

"Smallville" executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson, as well as "Supernatural" executive producer McG, are behind "The Graysons," which has landed a put pilot commitment at the network.

Just as "Smallville" focuses on Clark Kent in the years before he became Superman, "The Graysons" will follow the world of Dick "DJ" Grayson before he takes on the iconic Robin identity and aligns himself with Batman.

"The Graysons" is seen as a potential replacement for "Smallville" should that show end its run this season, which has been speculated. Should "Smallville" return next year, "The Graysons" might also make a strong companion piece.

In the one-hour "Graysons," which will be set in modern times, young DJ will face challenges involving first loves, young rivals and his family as he grows up. Souders and Peterson have come up with an original take on the character.
    Links

Wow cannot believe they did not use the aquaman series which already had a pilot was not perfect but it would been better then this,instead they come up with a show about the lamest sidekick in history.Dammit there are so many heroes that would make for a better series then the graysons.
    Wasn't Dick Greyson from an acrobatic family. He had no involvment with crime till his family died and Wayne took him in.

This is gonna suck.

No kidding they should have brought back the Aquaman. Impulse any number of superheros who had powers not a sidekick, or at least done Dick Greyson when he went solo

I forgot that characters name. Nighbird or something LOL

"Of all losses, time is the most irrecoverable for it can never be redeemed.”

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. "

"Ladies its not the dress that makes you look fat, its the fat that makes you look fat "

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KiraHarden_TS
    October 1, 2008

Links

Wasn't Dick Greyson from an acrobatic family. He had no involvment with crime till his family died and Wayne took him in.

This is gonna suck.

No kidding they should have brought back the Aquaman. Impulse any number of superheros who had powers not a sidekick, or at least done Dick Greyson when he went solo

Yeah what the hell is the series gonna to consist of days from the circus .It was nightwing and i agree a nightwing series would be way better then that crayson crap.

October 1, 2008

Links

Wasn't Dick Greyson from an acrobatic family. He had no. involvment with crime till his family died and Wayne took him in.

This is gonna suck.

Yeah what the hell is the series gonna to consist of days from the circus .It was nightwing and i agree a nightwing series would be way better then that crayson crap.
    What sucks is I've waited z
    7 seasons for the series to get a dark feel to it and lex totally flip to being evil. Now they want to end the series.

Last I heard it still had great ratings, but then again a few major players just want to try new things

"Ladies its not the dress that makes you look fat, its the fat that makes you look fat "

Gold Poster

What sucks is I've waited z
    7 seasons for the series to get a dark feel to it and lex totally flip to being evil. Now they want to end the series.

Last I heard it still had great ratings, but then again a few major players just want to try new things

I'm really glad they putting that disgrace of an adaption of superman away for good,i like the first season but they let it drag into a totally borefest.All the guest villans and superheroes have been disappointing.

Veteran Poster

Yeah, the only interesting character in Smallville was Lex. The rest were just so freakin' stupid.

"Gee Clark! How'd you survive getting shot in the face then run 300 miles to save that chick from a rampaging kryptonite monster?!"

"Oh, uhh, just lucky I guess.."

"OK, hey want to get a coffee?"

I stopped watching around Season 3 so I don't know if characters wised up at all.

What's Bruce Lee's favourite drink? Wataaahhhhh!!

Veteran Poster

It wasn't that bad... the only really bad issue that isn't the same for all superhero secret id stuff was the constant kryptonite monsters. I hate when they reduce the complex villians to poisoned by out space junk and it's all the heros fault crap.

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

The guys are Hawt

Gold Poster

Flying Graysons TV Show Shot Down

http://www.comicvine.com/news/flying...t-down/137584/

It would have sucked anyway.

On a side note they mention that superman returns flopped and sucked because of smallville well superman returns sucked in general,the guy who played superman was so freakin generic and boring.