View Poll Results: Who won the VP debate?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sarah Palin

12 42.86%
  • Joe Biden

13 46.43%
  • It was a tie

3 10.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Default Post Vice Presidential Debate Poll

The two candidates showed a great deal of respect for each other, which was refreshing to see. Sarah Palin didn't crumble like the mainstream media suspected she would, and held her ground very well. Joe Biden's experience came in to play and he stood his ground as well.

So, submit your vote and comments on what you thought of the debate. Let the fray begin.

Professional Poster

I voted "Tie".
    Biden came across as knowledgeable, factual and under control (not easy to believe if you saw the Primary Debates).
    Palin did what she needed to. She answered alot of her own questions, not those asked by the moderator, but she didn't auger the job. My disappointment is that the bar is set so low for her.

Neither damaged their principle, and both got in the requisite shots at their opponent. A draw.

Alright Then.

Veteran Poster

Well Biden won the debate as I expected, but Palin 'won' the debate. I'll tell you why. The media in it's attempts to get their messiah elected set the bar so low by trashing her and making her look stupider than she could have even attempted. So when she held her own and didn't burst into tears and shoot Biden in the head with a moose gun , people were rather impressed. Palin just makes the left so mad lmao.

Apart from that she looked at the camera and gave a sexy smile. even winked.A bit cheezy but she came across far better than biden. Excellent, did her job for the religious right and impressed the kool aid drinking masses.Mission accomplished. Incidentally Allanah started a long thread on the reps being anti gay all that shite.Well biden and obama are against Gay marriage apparently... oh dear. Doesn't look like we will see any faggots in white dresses soon. I think Biden went easy on her the big softy , see the cheezy smile he wanted to give her one.

Loved the white flag of surrender line by the way. To sum up if your French vote Dem, if you are red meat eating yank vote republican. I even managed to get my girlfriend to say up to watch it 2AM UK time. She wants to eat her out.

Sarah Palin is like an airplane circling the airport that never lands. She's way out of her element and is definitely not ready to be vice president. She needs to pack up her 5 kids, Todd and head back to Alaska where she belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by meghanchavalier
    She needs to pack up her 5 kids, Todd and head back to Alaska where she belongs.
    Hey, everybody needs a fun vacation now & then. Her's'll be over in a few weeks. Then it'll be back to the old Governor grind up in the tundra swamp.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by meghanchavalier
    Sarah Palin is like an airplane circling the airport that never lands. She's way out of her element and is definitely not ready to be vice president. She needs to pack up her 5 kids, Todd and head back to Alaska where she belongs.
    Why don't you like her sweetbunz?

I would have thought you would be rooting for her being how she got where she is without being a victim and wearing pantsuits like a certain other female politician. Cast off those shackles girl that the sexist left have put on you. I believe Palinism will be the knew era of femminism.

You will be seeing a lot more of her whatever happens in the election. (I have money on Mcain winning by the way, quite a substantial amount)

My girlfriend loves her.

5 Star Poster

I would say it was a tie. Sarah Palin did not Implode like everyone thought she would. But Joe Biden did not seal the deal either. It's up to the presidential candidates to give us a moment. You know Like this.

Or this.

FYI dude who appears at the end is Admiral Stockdale. He was H Ross Perot's running mate. That was one of his few good moments.

Or my favourite, something McCain could only hope to match.

These debates used to be witty and fun. The candidates could ask questions of eachother. We got to see what they were made of. Not really any more.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Dog-gone it, I didn't know the race was handicapped. I betcha if we spot 'em enuff points Homer Simpson could win a....watchmecallem in Wershington?....a debate.

It was intrestin to hear how much flexibility is in that there VP job. There's really a lot a flexibility built in there. I can't really describe it exactly...but i read about it in all those newspapers you people talk 'bout readin. if'n fer example, the executive branch is bein' investergated, the vp's inner legislative branch...and if'n VP be needin' executive privlege, well then lik Cheny, Sarah will in the executive branch.

Yep, more the same, includin' Dick Cheney.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

5 Star Poster

Eh Trish that's just the way it is. When you talk someone up and they don't measure up to the talk, even when they do very well, they are a disappointment and seen as a failure. However when you talk someone down and make them look bad...then when it comes to performance they do OK they look like more of a success.

Had the critics not slammed Palin so hard it would have raised the bar for her. As it was all she had to do was step over the bar in order to clear the hurdle.

You understand what I'm saying.

It's like the one smart thing GWB ever said "It' s time to under promise and over perform". It can be said that is exactly what Pallin did. (Though I suspect it would be giving her too much credit to think she would purposefully make herself look bad before the debate in order to magnify how good she could look afterward... I think that would be too much strategery for her.)

Anyone notice Palin quoted ol' Ronnie RAYGUN in her closing? " "you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children, and our children's children, what it once was like in America when men were free."
    Reagan said that in the 60's. He was railing against the terrible scourge of....MEDICARE.

Sarah loves to quote people. In her RNC speech, she quoted a lad named Westbrook Pegler. Mr. Pegler got booted from the John Birch Society for anti-semitism. He considered FDR's New Deal to be 'an international communist plot' and he openly wished for the assassination of FDR. He wanted the government to take over the AFL/CIO. "Yes, that would be fascism," he wrote. "But I, who detest fascism, see advantages in such fascism." The charming Mr. Pegler also said "some white patriot of the Southern tier will spatter his spoonful of brains in public premises before the snow flies" about Bobby Kennedy.