Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Transsexual Couture

With all this talk of Isis on America's Next Top Model* and my own growing fascination with trying to make my body look good, what defines transsexual couture. Could we have room for our own designer and line? I mean, half of us are from the drag scene, which is like the fashion scene on acid. How do we make our gender/condition serious and established instead of being an "edgy" or "progressive" token?

Transsexual fashion is not for only the transsexuals, but also for any boy-shaped girls. The thin girls with no real curves -- small boobs, no butt -- especially the tall ones (models are ~5'10" anyway). Girls with wide shoulders and small hips. How do you make us look more feminine than we do nude? Lots of us spend thousands on plastic surgery but style makes a huge difference.

So what are some tips for tgirls to look their best?

* - I don't own a TV, I haven't seen any of this, only the posts on it.

I don't own a TV

but I play one

on TV.

Just call me Mavis Welby.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Zoe this is a topic that is near and dear to my heart as I am always looking at clothes to try and find things I like, that will fit, and will give me a more feminin figure. I also spend a lot of time looking at make up adds, and how to articles trying to learn what tricks to make my face more feminin.

I'm no expert but I have learned a couple of things.
    A good corset is a must IMO. A good one can hide a multitude of flaws, and they look sexy too. Fredericks even makes one that has ruffles at the bottom so that your hips look bigger. I also think skirts with pleats will help in that department. Stockings make any legs look more sexy and feminin I think. Dark tops can make your top look smaller and light bottoms can make your bottom look bigger. Hairstyles with bangs can help your browline, and generally seem to look more girly. Lipstick not applied all the way to the end of your lips can make your lips look more pouty and sexy. I hope this is the kind of info you were wanting to share and I hope some others will post tips because I am always wanting to learn more about fashion and makeup.

Professional Poster

Well, it is an interesting idea, but two things come to mind:

1. A girl with more of a 'boy' figure (tg or gg) really doesn't want to emphasize that. They want to de-emphasize that. So, unless you're going to have things serving that purpose, it's not going to work.

2. I think it is arguable that Heatherette has had some solid trans influence in their lines. Look it up!

Rookie Poster

Default Maybe I can Help

You girls have made me very happy with theses questions, in fact that is the reason I went into fashion was to be able to help women like ourselves when it comes to real chic clothing and proper styling. The brands I carry are retro but classic euaropean silhouettes to make anyone look beautifull and feminine without much effort as well as glitzy and glam pieces that arent 'drag' rather, true red carpet!

See For Yourself at www.MichelleLevelleBoutique.com

PS Heatherette Designers Richie Rich and Travis LOVE The Girls
    I viewed their collection during LA fashion week last season and hung out with Richie during Miami Fashion week at the Ed Hardy Show. Fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	promotional_ad3_183.jpg 
Views:	2238 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	203753  

We are a cutting edge retailer at the forefront of fashion with our modern, extravagant and stylish labels.

http://www.MichelleLevelleBoutique.com
    http://www.Myspace.com/MichelleLevelle
    http://www.Youtube.com/MichelleLevelle

Rookie Poster

I studied fashion mainly because I wanted to make clothes for myself which would make me look more feminine and through the years I've learned so many things and I've shared most of it to my friends.

Most transsexuals tend to have wider shoulders and narrow hips. The common mistake that girls make is to wear a body hugging dress and a wide belt and that's a no no because first of all the hips should be proportional to the shoulders!!! Wearing a thick belt or a corset would make your waist thinner BUT it would also emphasize your wide shoulders. Girls who want to wear such clothes should put foam padding on their hips.

Empire cut dresses work well for ts women who don't have hips but it only works for girls who are skinny to average. If you're big especially on the tummy then people might think that you're pregnant (which is okay to some who want to pass as pregnant women lol)

V shaped necklines are your bestfriend for it not only makes your neck longer it gives the illusion of a smaller shoulder. And it looks great if the V is wider about an inch from the neck or more and deeper down to the cleavage area. The wider the V the slimmer your shoulder would look. It's also best if you wear it in dark colors. and V shaped necklines gives the illusion of pointier chin.

Avoid square necklined clothes for it would make your face boxy like a mans. Avoid necklines that are really close to the neck.

Skinny jeans are best for ts women for it gives the illusion of a wider hip. If you want to wear something that's hanging or midriff, it's best to buy a foam and pad your hips so you'll have that sexy figure. Avoid flared jeans or any jeans with really wide hem.

A line skirts are nice especially if it's made of a sturdier material. Avoid soft flimsy materials that tend to cling to your narrow hips. It would only look good if you put padding underneath it.

Ruffled skirts are nice too for it adds volume to the hip area

Pegged skirts are the best, especially for girls who work in the office setting. it's similar to a straight skirt but it tapers down to the hem. This is like the skinny jeans of skirts for it also gives the illusion of a wider hip.

Rookie Poster

Totally avoid these off-shoulder tops for it would make anyone's shoulder even broader and would make anyone's body look like a box.This would only work if you already have an hour glass shape and maybe some surgery done on your face, years of hormone therapy, narrow shoulders. These are just tips okay!!! If you still want to wear this it's up to you. I tried wearing one it didn't look okay on me, haha. I still dream of wearing one someday, when I have a body like Allanah's or Jeniffer Paris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1xl_134.jpg 
Views:	2111 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	203778  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Maybe I can Help

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Levelle Boutique
    You girls have made me very happy with theses questions, in fact that is the reason I went into fashion was to be able to help women like ourselves when it comes to real chic clothing and proper styling. The brands I carry are retro but classic euaropean silhouettes to make anyone look beautifull and feminine without much effort as well as glitzy and glam pieces that arent 'drag' rather, true red carpet!

See For Yourself at www.MichelleLevelleBoutique.com

PS Heatherette Designers Richie Rich and Travis LOVE The Girls
    I viewed their collection during LA fashion week last season and hung out with Richie during Miami Fashion week at the Ed Hardy Show. Fun!
    Glad to know you are in Chicago! You will definatly be seeing me soon!
    I saw 2 lovely coctail dresses online that I would love to have.
    I am a womans size 12 dress, and have small shoulders, but wider hips.
    The black and silver beaded number is calling my name for an upcoming event at my job!!!

Now if only I could find some clothes that make me look shorter....

Nice thread, thanks for the input.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Transsexual Couture

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlzoe
    With all this talk of Isis on America's Next Top Model* and my own growing fascination with trying to make my body look good, what defines transsexual couture. Could we have room for our own designer and line? I mean, half of us are from the drag scene, which is like the fashion scene on acid. How do we make our gender/condition serious and established instead of being an "edgy" or "progressive" token?

Transsexual fashion is not for only the transsexuals, but also for any boy-shaped girls. The thin girls with no real curves -- small boobs, no butt -- especially the tall ones (models are ~5'10" anyway). Girls with wide shoulders and small hips. How do you make us look more feminine than we do nude? Lots of us spend thousands on plastic surgery but style makes a huge difference.

So what are some tips for tgirls to look their best?

* - I don't own a TV, I haven't seen any of this, only the posts on it.
    I agree, i watch the occasional makeover program, and at the end of all the nips and tucks which they perform, they always bring in a stylist that knows how to dress the subject.
    Your clothes make such a difference, half the stuff you feel you need to have done may be avoided by just finding the right style.

Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way around.