Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Paul Newman RIP

Gold Poster

Just as great as his body of work on the screen was, so was his philanthropy. He gave back, be it being part of the Civil Rights movement, or giving away literally tens of millions of dollars to charity. That's a man, a true MAN, my friends. On my way home today I was listening to NPR which had a clip from him on his charity causes and giving back. Newman quipped:

It shouldn't be a duty, it should be instinctive ...

This personifies what it is to be a hero, folks. A true hero.

You did very well in your time here, Paul. Thank you and RIP.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Gros chagrin la disparition de cet homme exeptionnel.

Bonjour de France.

Junior Poster

Well surely someone can find something to bash Newman about.I mean the sub humans on this site leveled Charlton Heston,forgetting the years he took part in the civil rights movement and countless number of film roles he must have lost as a result of his conviction.Individual gun rights are a good thing:just think of how many positive things would happen to our society if just one on 100,000 gun owners would use them on CEO's and other gang members.A toast of your fine crangrape juice for your memory Paul.The Sting was on of my favorites.

Rookie Poster

RIP

RedAddicted™