Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Yes, and I would never be ashamed.

Rookie Poster

Well, I'm not nearly as pretty as the girls on this forum, and I still have a bad attitude about guys who want to f**k me but are ashamed to be seen with me, even in TG-friendly surroundings. To me, the problem is not about me so much as their inability to face up to what they are and what they like. I'm not the least bit ashamed of what I am or what I look like, and I know how to be a great date and girlfriend. I just don't understand the stigma -- if you like TSs or even fem guys and/or you're gay, what's the problem? Why are you ashamed for other people to know that about you?

I agree with Kelly (who is omg so beautiful!) -- it has taken me years to get as far out of the closet as I am, so nobody is going to drag me back in just cuz he's stuck there!

Veteran Poster

About three and a half years ago, I was becoming involved with my first average straight guy. We went to university together, we talked a lot and he was interested in me. I dropped the T-bomb and after a period of uneasiness, he decided he still was interested. It took him a long time to get comfortable being physical with me.

One time he wanted to go downtown and eat and I asked him this sort of question. I said, "What if someone sees us together and thinks you're gay?" He said, "Nobody is going to think that!" I pushed, "Well, what if one of your friends sees us and reads me and judges you on it?" "Fuck 'em."

He was 6'3", about 250lbs and went to the gym every day. I am 5'6", 135lbs (well, was then). He always made me feel very safe.

We did get a couple of stares in the restaurant. I don't think it was because I was trans because I hadn't even told my dormmates (2bdrm suite, 4 girls, 1 bathroom >.<) and so I felt I was reasonably passable. I think it was more the fact that we were talking, perhaps too loudly, about odd animals we've eaten. LOL

"Fuck 'em." Who cares what people think? If your man is too embarrassed to be seen with you, then he isn't a man.

Junior Poster

It was never an issue for me, she was very passable , which helped, I still have friends that ask about the "big titted blond girl", my concerns were more with her wearing , in my opinion too revealing clothes, ie lots of cleavage, then getting nervous when guys looked at her because she thought she had been clocked, but they were really just looking at her boobs. I think that is an issue for some girls, might be fine to go to the club all slowed out (slow is my made up term for slut-ho's) but maybe not appropriate for the grocery store.

Rookie Poster

Well, I wouldn't get involved with the tgirl that ain't passable anyway. Not because I care so much what other people think -- I just like it that way. So that shouldn't be a problem for me. However I have never ever done something like that That's because I live in Eastern European country (one of the Baltic States to be exact) and AFAIK it's just ain't possible to find a girl like that here... So for now I'm just making plans about the gg I met last weekend in the club

Junior Poster

I would love to be seen in public with a TS. Heck, I would love to have a ts as my wife. They put real women to shame.

Professional Poster

I hate when people say "yes if she's passable" ... if you are dating someone then goddam date them. if she is good enough to date she is good enough to be seen with. I had a gf who was tallet than me. I'm 6'2 and i guess she was 6'4. Lovely girl to look at but to say she was passable would be crazy. Most T girls really aren't that unclockable (especially to women) but if you are serious about the person it shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha2117
    I hate when people say "yes if she's passable" ... if you are dating someone then goddam date them. if she is good enough to date she is good enough to be seen with. I had a gf who was tallet than me. I'm 6'2 and i guess she was 6'4. Lovely girl to look at but to say she was passable would be crazy. Most T girls really aren't that unclockable (especially to women) but if you are serious about the person it shouldn't matter.
    My maternal grandmother was 6'4- it does happen with GGs. AFAIK she never had anyone think she was trans.

Wouldn't be hard to find even straight gg's who, because of either natural reasons or how they present themselves- cannot pass. There's the lumberjack butch lesbian stereotype but not all gg's who have trouble passing are into the whole "flannel & combat boots w/ a mullet" image.

I'd kinda have to question the logic of anyone who cares about passing, dating someone who can't- regardless whether they're dating a tgirl or a gg.

As to height differences, all the girls (ggs) in my family are pretty tall, in dating for some of them it's been a problem... not because people think they're trans, but because some guys are insecure when their dates are taller than they are (I can think of this one girl in my family whose bf forbid her from wearing heels because he didn't like feeling so tiny next to her- without shoes he was fairly short to begin with at 5'4, and she is 5'10).

But if the girl can pass, and the guy won't go out in public out of fear- it sounds like a situation that's just pretty much doomed to not work, unless there is more to the story (i suppose its possible for someone who is agoraphobic to somehow enter into a LTR and not date for that reason).

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lahabra1976
    Usually going with a passable tgirl in public is quite easy. I find the tougher question should be

"would you go with a tgirl in public who is passable physically, but her voice gives her away"

As you mentioned that I thought about this very thing that happened to me in June (NBA Finals time).

TS chick I was seeing, we decided to go to BJ's (resturaunt with a bar) to watch the NBA finals (hate Boston lol) and they were packed on that Sunday. So we got lucky and got seats at the bar as a couple of peeps were leaving so we could drink while waiting for a table. We sat right beside a couple brothas and at first they were friendly to me and her, talking about the game and beer and whatnot, because she is a passable Filipina girl, but as soon as she started talking (her voice isn't too rough, feminine, but it isn't passable), the expressions on their faces changed and I could see them mumbling and whispering a bit.

I didn't think too much about it really, cause 1, I liked her.

2. I was never gonna see them again

3. I've figured out, and am still figuring out, that I'm pretty comfortable with myself. I mean hell....I'm a performing musician, so to some degree, I have to be.

I was proud myself, because it was like I had reached another level. It's one thing to get this sort of reaction of different ethnicities, but to get it from black people, that was a little bit more of a test.........and I passed.

Anyways, She and I aren't an item because, sadly, I was just the rebound guy.

Oh well.....Back to Craigslist Casual Encounters I go.

Rookie Poster

hell yeah