Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default LA: 11/9-Greet and Meet @ Queen Universe Pageant

(Hopefully this thread will remain buoyant between now and then)

Unofficial Greet and Meet at the Queen Universe Pageant. Here is your chance to meet not only fellow posters from this forum, but more importantly, hobnob with some of the TS women you have seen pictures of and read about on this forum.

What: Queen of the Universe Pageant
    Where: Circus Disco, 6655 Santa Monica BLVD, Los Angeles, CA.
    When: November 9th, 2008

http://www.queenuniverse.com/index.html

Come one, come all. I just got word this past week from Karina informing me that the Queen of the Universe Pageant is indeed scheduled for Sunday November 9th at the Circus Disco. This pageant succeeds the Queen USA Pageant which just took place on the 7th of this month.

I have yet to attend a Queen USA pageant to draw comparisons, but the Queen Universe pageant supposedly has more contestants as well as attendees (Maybe Felicia or Willie can pipe in to clear that up?), so come join the fun. Look at how much fun the lovely Celeste had at the more subdued Queen USA pageant recently?

For all of you from across small and big town America who have always wondered about the girls from Los Angeles, and have wanted to travel out here primarily for that reason, what better opportunity, right? Coming out here for ONE week/Friday night at a club such as Peanuts can be hit or miss as far as who is there. At a TS pageant you're guaranteed to see beautiful TS women, not to mention those TS luminaries always in attendance, so get off that John Deere tractor and make plans to head west for a cool evening.

For the women of this forum, what better way to see how we do such things on the west coast, hobnob with fans, or simply attend a large TS function in southern California? It would be so cool to see some girls from the midwest and east coast attend.

For you posters and lurkers, look at it as a night to affix a face with a handle (if you'd like), chew the fat with said person(s) in between those lengthy costume changes, and cavort with beautiful women on and off the pageant runway. Afterward, many of us head out en masse for a bite to eat at the same eatery. Cool, huh?... Seven weeks is plenty of time for you guys to plan for this, find a cheap flight, get a room,etc, and get out here. If memory serves me, the proceeds actually go to charity, so there is a noble angle to it also.

The pictures are from the two previous Queen Universe pageants I've attended.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jogisvoqueen_154.jpg 
Views:	2298 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	199519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	queenlineup_207.jpg 
Views:	2299 
Size:	315.1 KB 
ID:	199520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	danielle_363.jpg 
Views:	2299 
Size:	260.0 KB 
ID:	199521  

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

This is indeed the bigger of the two. Twice as many people usually show up for it, and there are more contestants. Of course I'll be there...most likely hanging with Bob, Buddy, or Felicia...snapping pictures of course.

Lots of girls (and guys) in the community come out for this. It's fun!

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Junior Poster

hmmm 4 girls I recognize from their work and one other girl I have actually met, if the girl in pink bikini in 2nd pic is who I think it is. So hows the weather early Nov in south Cali? haha

There doesn't seem to be what hour the pageant starts. Anyone know?
    Thanks. And thanks for the heads up. I always learn about these events after they have happened.
    Cheers.

Gold Poster

Neveda64: Well, I believe the two that I've attended were suppose to commence around 7:30, but with the primping and costume changes involved my memory has them starting around 9:00. I recommend getting a VIP seat for a few bucks more if you plan to take pictures. Drive in for a fun Friday night at the Palms/Peanuts, stay through Sunday for the pageant, drive off Monday morning. Hardly any missed work for a memory that will last you a lifetime quite possibly. Easy, huh?

Icarus: The climate is actually quite pleasant in November. No downpours in other words. ...Um, you do know that it's held indoors, right?

Thanks for confirming that, Willie. By the way, Willie, as well as those he mentioned are some of the coolest folk you'll ever want to meet. ...They behave nothing like they do here in this forum.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Thanks for the info.

No need to drive in on Friday. I'm already here. I live in Hollywood.

Cheers.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nevada64
    Thanks for the info.

No need to drive in on Friday. I'm already here. I live in Hollywood.

Cheers.
    Oops. I assumed given your handle that you hailed from ... um, nevermind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_0342_134.jpg 
Views:	2082 
Size:	409.7 KB 
ID:	199589  

Most understandable. Thanks for the pic...

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nevada64
    Most understandable. Thanks for the pic...
    No problem ... the girl in the blue has such incredible legs, by the way.

... I just had a poster -- wanting to support her sisters by attending -- from back east PM me about lodging. Anyone familiar with that area better than I am? What are some reasonable, clean motels and inns within a few minutes driving distance?

I did warn her that places in that area do fill up quick for the weekends.

I attended my first last year and had a great time and plan on attending again. Celeste is correct, last year it started much later than the posted start time and ended around 12:30 or 1:00am if I recall correctly. And the VIP seating is reasonable and includes bar service. As far as Hotels, call the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, give them the name and address of the Venue, price range of hotel you are seeking and they will provide you with a number of possibilities.
    Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
    Tel: 323-469-8311
    Fax: 323-469-2805
    Email: info@hollywoodchamber.net

Before You Attempt to Beat the Odds, Be Sure You Could Survive The Odds Beating You.