Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee View Post
    The enemy of my enemy, isn't neccessarily my friend.

Sexual orientation and gender identity doesn't mean that gay
    and transpeople should be bedfellows.

I get the sense that there are many in the gay community who
    are not concerned with the advancement and interests of
    transpeople.

This can be evidenced by the way we were sold down the river
    with ENDA.

So nope, I can't really say that I have much in common with the
    Christopher or Castro street crew.

Spot on and well said.

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot View Post
    I'll throw the first rock here. The gay male community is just odd. Let's be honest, I've worked in that scene for over ten years now. I do not giggle, laugh or prance around whenever a Cher song is played. That's just stupid.

I have nothing against gay men, I do find them annoying quite frequently, though.

I agree totally.

Quote Originally Posted by russtafa View Post
    lesbians ive met emulate the wost aspects of masculinity

There are A LOT of sexy lesbians, totally feminine. You're running in the wrong circles.

I was home from work some time ago and clicked on the TV thr Tyra Banks show was on and they had a CD, a masculine gay man, a feminine gay man, lipstick lesbian and a masculine or butch lesbian and a TS. They played some sort of game or process where one would be voted out... they voted the TS out first. That sucked.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Double Standard for Gay Men/Transsexuals

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sinister View Post
    Has any one noticed that American society seems to be more tolerant of lesbians or bisexual women than of Gay Men/Transsexuals? Over the years, I have seen women like Ellen DeGreness get accepted by main stream society, but I still see a lack of acceptance for transsexuals and gay men. I rarely every hear about women getting attacked for their sexuality like men and transsexuals do, such as the recent murder in Colorado of a young TS. I still hear vile comments from people that it is disgusting for two men to be together or a male to female transsexual is just a freak in a dress. Why can't society accept male sexuality like they accept female sexuality?

As someone who loves and admires male to female transsexuals , I believe violence towards the transgendered community can be diminished if society were tolerant of male sexuality like it is with female sexuality. Because of intolerance, many men resort to violence toward TGs because of their own insecurities regarding their sexuality. The reason that Gwen Araujo died was because the men that killed her didn't want anyone to think that they were gay, which often is the logic that is used to justify killing TG women.
    You are absolutely right.