Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise
    Quote Originally Posted by tubgirl
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8
    i feel sorry for that guy hes brainwashed by the bush administration and lost his leg for peace?what the fuck is this guy smokin?they were sent to another country because bush though saddam had weapons of mass destrution lol ya ok im thinkin he forgot who took the towers down does bin laden rig a bell?
    i think it's just out-frikken-standing that you know more than someone who has been over there. i'm sure i'll take your opinion over his any day...

maybe you should be the one to answer the "what's he been smokin'?" question...

Nothing to see here folks.

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

i feel sorry for that guy hes brainwashed by the bush administration and lost his leg for peace?what the fuck is this guy smokin?they were sent to another country because bush though saddam had weapons of mass destrution lol ya ok im thinkin he forgot who took the towers down does bin laden rig a bell?
    i think it's just out-frikken-standing that you know more than someone who has been over there. i'm sure i'll take your opinion over his any day...

dude get a grip will ya

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Junior Poster

dude get a grip will ya
    dude, you get a grip...

Nothing to see here folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    What I want to know is where the hell are all of the beauty pagent pictures of her. She supposedly won some minor pagent some years back.
    Shit Sarah Palin looks terrible there are thousands of TGirls that look way better than her. I would fuck five tgirls at one time before I even look at Palin.

Veteran Poster

I find the soldiers video somewhat disturbing.

Basically he's saying that the reason you do something is irrelevant as long as the end result is positive. That's pretty scary as a political philosophy, as it allows you to justify the start of any action, and as long as you can keep it going you don't have to justify it, as you haven't reached the end.

Similar is the idea that sacrifices made justify unending further sacrifice. Do you save a fireman when he's about to save a child, well yes, if he child is going to die anyway, or if you are simply trading the life of the fireman for the possibility the child will live. What if the fireman has a family of his own he should be supporting, and the child is a suicidal teen running into the fire deliberately? What if this fireman is the second man trying to save the teen, the first having died... how many firemen do you allow to run in as the chief before you call your men out?

The point is its not as simplistic as 'we've given so much, we have to give more' and its not as sure as 'we just need to give another thousand lives and this will work' or even clearly 'we have to do this, because they can't do it themselves'.

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

how many firemen do you allow to run in as the chief before you call your men out?
    Apparently the lower bound on that answer exceeds 4180, the current number of U.S. soldiers killed in the Iraq debacle so far.

Often being stuck in one place on the ground is the absolute worst place to be when attempting to gain an overall perspective on the effectiveness of a countrywide military/political strategy. Soldiers in Iraq will tell you many different stories (both heart warming and horrifying) and they will express just as wide a variety of opinions on the justification and success of the war (or lack thereof) as the American public at large. Both (soldiers in Iraq and the American public) are in fact largely negative on the war and wish to see it end soon.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Justawannabe
    I find the soldiers video somewhat disturbing.

Basically he's saying that the reason you do something is irrelevant as long as the end result is positive. That's pretty scary as a political philosophy, as it allows you to justify the start of any action, and as long as you can keep it going you don't have to justify it, as you haven't reached the end.

Similar is the idea that sacrifices made justify unending further sacrifice. Do you save a fireman when he's about to save a child, well yes, if he child is going to die anyway, or if you are simply trading the life of the fireman for the possibility the child will live. What if the fireman has a family of his own he should be supporting, and the child is a suicidal teen running into the fire deliberately? What if this fireman is the second man trying to save the teen, the first having died... how many firemen do you allow to run in as the chief before you call your men out?

The point is its not as simplistic as 'we've given so much, we have to give more' and its not as sure as 'we just need to give another thousand lives and this will work' or even clearly 'we have to do this, because they can't do it themselves'.

Sean
    With due respect to the soldier in the video, one does have to look at the good, in order to justify risking and sacrificing ones life. But any action, especially some as big as waging war, has to be looked at in a larger picture to weigh the benefits vs. the costs. This analysis would include the US, the world, the region, and Iraq itself. The most reliable and conservative source puts the Iraqi civilian death toll at over 90,000. Compare that with the 20,000 number that occurred when Saddam attacked the Kurds around 1988. Let’s look at the fact that Saddam was the biggest regional challenge to Iran. Now Iran is next door to the country where those people who are ethnically similar are in power. And we all know that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, so the chief benefit to the US was access to Iraq’s oil reserves, reported to be the second largest in the world.

The soldier in the video is correct, in the fact that since we removed such things as police protection there, our help is needed to give people there the basic freedom of safety, in a nation charged with ethnic tensions. Some of these people have been feuding since the death of the Prophet in the 7th Century, over his successors. So it goes back to what are the benefits vs the costs?

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    how many firemen do you allow to run in as the chief before you call your men out?
    Apparently the lower bound on that answer exceeds 4180, the current number of U.S. soldiers killed in the Iraq debacle so far.

Often being stuck in one place on the ground is the absolute worst place to be when attempting to gain an overall perspective on the effectiveness of a countrywide military/political strategy. Soldiers in Iraq will tell you many different stories (both heart warming and horrifying) and they will express just as wide a variety of opinions on the justification and success of the war (or lack thereof) as the American public at large. Both (soldiers in Iraq and the American public) are in fact largely negative on the war and wish to see it end soon.
    I heard that more US Service men contubuted to Obama's campaign than McCain's.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjongil
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    What I want to know is where the hell are all of the beauty pagent pictures of her. She supposedly won some minor pagent some years back.
    I don't believe this is a pageant shot, but this is Palin from back in the day:
    She actually looks better now.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.