Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default hard liquor, hard morning

ever puke up blood the next morning after a really really heavy night of hitting the heavy stuff like 151/everclear?

done it twice this year and now i am starting to get worried, i have already made the decision to stay away from those particular two and all the other "harsh" ones and to take it very easy for the next 2-3 months to let my stomach heal (i believe it was my stomach lining)

just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else and what the outcome was

"If you ain't Laughin, You ain't Livin" -Carlos Mencia

Veteran Poster

Go to the doctor... you could have a regular bleeding ulcer that only makes itself known when you drink. That could be a real issue for you if you don't fix it.

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

I drink it all of the time, 151 that is. Everclear really doesn't bother me much either. Just was really grumpy the next day. Maybe you should go to the doctor. Sounds like you had one too many. I would go and check on it as it could be signs of a bigger problem. You never be to safe. You only get one chance at life so yeah go get it seen about especially if you have done it twice. Good luck and be careful.

Curious - how much of the 151 / clear do you drink and why? Not knocking anyone but why drink something so damn strong and drink so much that you are puking up blood the next day? That may be the question you want to ask rather than asking if anyone has puked blood.

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine" - Jeff Spicoli

Rookie Poster

drinking liquor causes liver cirrhosis. liver cirrhosis causes esophageal varices. your liver is not working and the blood vessels around your esophagus, instead of returning blood to your heart via the liver get backed up and bleed into the esophagus. You vomit and cough up blood and think its coming from your stomach but its actually just backed up blood b/c your liver is damaged. After this comes a major episode of gastroesophageal hemorrhage and even if you are at the hospital getting transfusions cardiac arrest and death are likely. Your death certificate will list "gastroesophageal hemorrhage" as the immediate cause of death and the underlying cause of death will be filled in as "chronic liver failure". Go to the hospital and dont drink.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

I can't say I've ever puked blood, in fact I've only puked twice in my life from drinking, and I use to drink frequently to excess, but that's just me.

I would say vomiting blood would be a valid reason to see a doctor. You probably have an ulcer, and if treated in a timely fashion it could heal up, and then you can get back to drinking.

I'm just kidding about that last part, of course. Drinking is bad (although as far as I know, a few beers never killed anyone).

Professional Poster celticgrafix's Avatar

everclear will make u blind, its a one shot or two thing, both of them

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by house
    drinking liquor causes liver cirrhosis. liver cirrhosis causes esophageal varices. your liver is not working and the blood vessels around your esophagus, instead of returning blood to your heart via the liver get backed up and bleed into the esophagus. You vomit and cough up blood and think its coming from your stomach but its actually just backed up blood b/c your liver is damaged. After this comes a major episode of gastroesophageal hemorrhage and even if you are at the hospital getting transfusions cardiac arrest and death are likely. Your death certificate will list "gastroesophageal hemorrhage" as the immediate cause of death and the underlying cause of death will be filled in as "chronic liver failure". Go to the hospital and dont drink.
    I am going to have to agree with house on this one.

I have had a close family member exhibit the exact same symptoms,
    due to cirrhosis, which is a chrouc liver disease, and is the seventh
    leading cause of death in the US.

He began projectile vomitting of blood at 10pm, was rushed to surgical
    ICU and by 2:30 the following morning he was dead.

The causal factors were exactly as stated above.

I'm an addict and alcoholic with roughly 13 years of clean time.

During my active and clean time, I have known many, may people who
    have either died or had serious health complicatons due to substance
    abuse.

Having said that I don't feel that no one shouldn't drink just because I
    don't.

I would though strongly encourage you to drink resonsibly.

Professional Poster celticgrafix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee

abuse.

don't.

i just wanna say good for you for being 13 years clean and to many more, thats great and really respectable

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by celticgrafix
    Quote Originally Posted by peggygee

abuse.

don't.

i just wanna say good for you for being 13 years clean and to many more, thats great and really respectable
    Thank you.

Getting clean and sober is my greatest accomplishment. And was harder
    than transitioning, college, or surviving the militiary.