Professional Poster

Default odd lubricants you have used???

please one and all of the experienced,let us hear of your encounters involving different type of lubricants....olive oil(great and does the skin well but the sheets smell like a restaurant the next day)...crisco-nothing like a dick print in the tub......ballpark mustard-hey i was on a picknick with a mississippi queen....tcb hair care hair root lotion-actually one of the best ive used.....spit-oldie but goodie,especially after a lengthy rim job....coconut oil-when it goes from solid to liquid as you fuck is visually interestin.......lets hear em...

Junior Poster

When fucking my little ass with my collection of
    huge dildos I like to use crisco initially followed
    up with some astroglide.

Also, I bought some J-Lube recently. It comes in
    powder form and you mix it with water. You can
    mix it as thick or thin as you like. It's fun to play
    around with.

I don't know how odd my lubes are but I figured
    what the fuck.

-J

Professional Poster

astroglide is one of the best out there....but hey you got into the crisco too!!!

Rookie Poster

Years ago I worked in a machine shop and we had 5 gallon buckets of this blue grease that we used to lubricate the machinery around the shop. One of my co-workers kept a small jar of this grease in his garage for misc. greasing purposes. One night when he was plastered (which was quite often) he picked up some girl at a bar and brought here back to his garage to fuck her. I guess this chick was a bit "tight" because he needed to lube up and the only thing handy was this blue grease. The combination of being drunk and horny overruled better judgement and he lubed up using the blue industrial grease. Now, using industrial grease will not make your dick fall off, but because it is not water soluble, cleaning up can be rather difficult.

Professional Poster celticgrafix's Avatar

how about not being so goddamn cheap and buying some, its like an idiot convention

Quote Originally Posted by celticgrafix
    how about not being so goddamn cheap and buying some, its like an idiot convention

Veteran Poster

Most of you are still quite young while others seem to forget the relatively recent past when water soluble lubes simply weren't available as off-the-shelf products. Short of getting a prescription from a doctor, you couldn't buy KY,Surgilube,or Lubifax glycerine based products until the mid 80's as a retail product. For that matter, you couldn't buy condoms without approaching the pharmacist who could refuse to sell them if he felt that you were purchasing them for a promiscuous reason. You had no choice but to improvise. Everyone (including your parents), straight or otherwise had to rely on the old dependables such as vaseline,baby oil,Nivea and various lotions,moisturizers, and creams such as Albolene or baby's A&D ointment when dryness from age or not enough time(or interest) to get into the mood. Even Dipity Doo like hair gel and soap products(anyone remember Phisohex?).
    The use of butter,vegetable oil, and yes shortening,tallow and lard if none of the above were available was quite common. Short of going to an adult book store in a seedy section of town that just might have something else, lubes to facillitate sex wasn't a retail commodity until recently.

Things have changed dramatically over the past 20 or so years. Lubes and condoms that you take for granted are freely available now in department stores. Prior to the mid 80's, not much had changed since the previous centuries.

The tables have turned now. The major lube and condom companies are the pharmaceutical industry and have a vested interest in promoting their products for routine use. Until the 80's, you would never hear of a lubricant being recommended for routine sexual relations, not even from a doctor unless there was a valid medical reason. Anal sex wasn't one of them. They'd have you believe that using an oil based lube such as vaseline is not only a danger to latex, but a health hazard for reasons including toxicity,promoting bacterial flora and infections,and disrupting natural balances. This BS is being parroted by virtually every website,media,medical and sex information channel as an ancedotal opinion and not proven medical fact. It used to be the opposite. The medical community used to recommend petroleum jelly for it's bacteriostatic and natural moisturizing properties for both rectal and vaginal use. Promoting yeast infections? Uh, petroleum jelly used to be used as a remedy externally. When women started using soap products for tampon lubrication, they campaigned for the use of petroleum jelly instead (Phisohex again). Yeah, petroleum products will degrade latex given enough time, but not in normal use. I seriously doubt that you'd hear anyone over the age of 35 tell you a story about a broken condom due to the use of vaseline or anyone getting an infection afterwards. Up to recently, petroleum jelly was the lube of choice by medical professionals to shove something up your ass because of it's non-water soluble properties. Glycerine lubes were more suited for vaginal examinations and their ease of clean-up and sterilization of non-disposable instruments and gloves (yes they used to wash and sterilize them too up to the 70's).

The old oil based lubes have withstood the test of centuries. Long term, what about the new ones? Silicon? That's toxic. KY types such as Glycerine? Without some form of preservative, it can be medium that support the growth of some microoganisms. It's a sugar-alcohol. Use too much of it anally and guess what? It becomes the same as using a glycerine suppository. Where's the stuff comming from? China? Diethylene Glycol anyone? How about those additives like Non-Oxynol-9 that's common in many of them? What's going to be the long term effect of that? What do we really know about the biotransformative properties of these lube additives or even the latex softeners in newer condoms that just might have carcinogenic properties?

So, what's an "odd lube" nowadays? When you took a trip to Vaseline Alley with Oil Can Henry or the Crisco Kid it used to be a safe adventure. What's it supposed to be now Silicon Valley or grundgy Glycerine in the Bush? KY? Isn't that the place where really greasy chicken comes from?

sunairco - that was one of the best posts I've seen in a long time. Thanks.

Professional Poster

or who hear has been somewhere and spontaneity took over and you didnt have your handy aqualube-ky whatever...jesus...sometimes circumstances are what they are...not an issue of cost....

honey, it doesn't work...