Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by worthy2
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyboombatz
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_denialism

Its a long, detailed article, but the first paragraph is nicely succinct

AIDS denialism refers to the views of a loosely connected group of individuals and organizations who deny that the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is the cause of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). HIV/AIDS denialists prefer the terms "rethinker" or "dissident". Some denialist groups reject the existence of HIV, while others accept that HIV exists but argue that it is a harmless passenger virus and not the cause of AIDS.

The causative role of HIV in the development of AIDS has been established and is the subject of scientific consensus. Denialist arguments are considered to be the result of cherry-picking and misrepresentation of predominantly outdated scientific data, with the potential to endanger public health by dissuading people from using proven treatments. With the rejection of these arguments by the scientific community, AIDS denialist material is currently spread largely through the Internet.

FK

Worthy2 your ignorance is scary.
    Well if thats the case your stupidity is predictable. People like you are cavemen when it comes to this subject.
    p

Well look....how about meeting everyone half way? I know you consider it important, but most of the people here don't really have the time to sit through a three hour lecture. However, since you seem to be familiar with the main arguments presented, perhaps you could list them here. I'm not asking for a full blown thesis but rather a recap of the main points. If you did that, we could examine the argument on a point by point consideration. What do you think?

Rookie Poster

You are an idiot! This is my first post, and there is a reason for it.

You are simply wrong!

Veteran Poster

I don't think this fool can be convinced, let's just hope he's a nobody as opposed to someone with any kind of moral, political or social clout.

To promote my point better than I ever could.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beliefs_175.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	198510  

Veteran Poster

Prove me wrong man, post something of consequence, instead of idle threats and a bunch of hearsay.

What's Bruce Lee's favourite drink? Wataaahhhhh!!

what's next? cancer cells don't cause cancer?

the end

Professional Poster

*insert wordy rebuttal with profane interjections*

Default Re: Wow

Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69
    My job is that of a peer educator for an organization who helps to prevent hiv and std's and to help people who have HIV live longer healthier lives. And yes, HIV does lead to AIDS.
    If thats the case its important for you take a few minutes out of your day and listen to the link I provided for the show.
    I work with CDC and many hospitals, doctors, and health centers.
    I ask at work this morning, and I was ask if that question was meant to be a joke. I showed the post to my manager and he simply stated that its sad that uneduacted people on the issue pass on untrue statements.
    HIV does lead to AIDS. If you were not infected with HIV you could notreach the AIDS status.

Professional Poster

I wonder if those that belive HIV does not lead to AIDS would be willing to be infected with HIV. This would surely make a great scientific study. Who knows, it could even expedite a cure or vacination for AIDS. I know there are a lot of people that belive this type of bullshit, but I don't think that any of them would be willing to participate in such a study. So I gues they would really just have to STFU.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

Junior Poster

Sorry either you listen to the show or no discussion. Its a press conference not a lecture. It is cutting edge material so I am sorry if anyone is not ready. Move on dont post here.
    What is it, a radio show or a press conference?
    It doesn't appear that you even know what it is.
    You continue to show your stupidity.
    You aren't capable of even arguing your own side.
    You're dumber than George W.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lupinIII
    I don't think this fool can be convinced, let's just hope he's a nobody as opposed to someone with any kind of moral, political or social clout.

To promote my point better than I ever could.
    Fool? fuck you and fuck your mother.
    You are a fool.