Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Additionally, although there is prove that HIV may not cause AIDS, but the bigger and more important thing is HIV is related to AIDS? As in its a correlation that if you have HIV, you are more likely to get AIDS. Some of you who may have taken statistics know that correlations don't imply causation, but may imply a relationship.

Its sort of like the idea that AIDS doesn't cause death. Thats true you die from a cold, infection, ordinary things. But nevertheless AIDS is related to death.

Junior Poster

Is this really "worthy" to talk about...LOL

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by worthy2
    Vietgirl, Do you work in the modern medicine field or what? You seemed to get a sore ass when this topic was brought up.
    Do you?

If you are coming at us with some slightly more demonstrable facts than "HIV doesn't cause AIDS because some guy who wrote a PhD thesis related to the effects of caffeine says so" it wouldn't be too bad but you are ignoring a lot of provable science. I'm not saying science is infallible but you seem to be putting quite a lot of stock in some exceedingly dubious new age bullshit. And from me that's saying a lot considering my interest in medical anthropology and the syncretism that I think is essential in creating effective cross cultural therapies and treatments, not just for HIV/AIDS but for countless other infections and ailments.

By the way Alyssa that new avatar looks frickin' stunning!

Junior Poster

Vietgirl, Do you work in the modern medicine field or what?
    The fact you called me "vietgirl" is very revealing. You used "girl" as an epithet with the intention of diminishing me. If you did not have a low opinion of females, you would not have written that.

You are not only a simple-minded dupe, you are a misogynist.

Go back to listening to a talk radio host with a PhD in caffeine tell you about the healing power of magnets, the joy of juicing and how a government-corporate conspiracy suppresses the truth that HIV is really your buddy.

This progressive radio network you promoted, with all those lunatic theories discussed on it, seems to be a foil of extreme right wing talk radio, with its tales of black helicopters and one-world government conspiracies.

Those nonsensical fantasies have become a new sort of faith for the schizotypal, like yourself. Odd beliefs are an opiate, they dull the pain of your own pathetic, powerless existence.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lahabra1976
    Additionally, although there is prove that HIV may not cause AIDS, but the bigger and more important thing is HIV is related to AIDS? As in its a correlation that if you have HIV, you are more likely to get AIDS. Some of you who may have taken statistics know that correlations don't imply causation, but may imply a relationship.

Its sort of like the idea that AIDS doesn't cause death. Thats true you die from a cold, infection, ordinary things. But nevertheless AIDS is related to death.
    Are you a Republican running for Vice President or something?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsmandy
    There are many people who believe this, in fact it was the cause of the split between ACT-UP and ACT-UP San Fransisco.
    Unfortunately, several of the San Francisco members died of AIDS, and a few are listed here.

Junior Poster

if you want to talk about sheep, lets talk about people who voted for Bush a second time. There should be some kind of Honorary Retard award for them.

While i havent listened to or read the information here, i will with an open mind. Its important to remember that society as a whole is motivated by the desire or need to make money. The medical profession is no exception in this area, and if its more profitable to keep you sick and treat that than to cure you, you bet that's the decision thats going to be made somewhere along the line.

How many ads do you see saying "ask your doctor about blah blah"- thats just fucking wrong,on top of promoting hypochondria. You should go to your dr with your problems and he should try to fix them for you.
    My own GP bitches about pharmaceutical companies and the kickbacks they try to give you to prescribe their drugs to patients, regardless of their need.
    Its no secret our healthcare system is a total shambles, and TBH i think we need to socialize medicine.
    Insurance is a scam.
    i went to Holland in 1999. Pre Euro. My bags didnt make the connecting flight and i was stuck with no asthma inhaler. I very rarely have attacks so i wasnt too concerned. That night though , i had a severe attack. I had to go see a dutch doctor very early the next day, barely able to breathe. Fuck, i thought- all my vacation cash is gonna go on being examined by a doctor.
    I see the dr, he examines me, prescribes steroid pills and an inhaler. The total cost, including the medicine, 80 Guilders. That was approximately $40 at the time.In America, god knows what that would have cost me. My physical last week cost $415 and my doc gives me a cash discount. I filled a prescription yesterday, cost me $145.
    I cant get decent insurance because of a preexisting disc injury.
    Gotta love it.
    This life is not some kind of team sport where we pick a side and support them right or wrong, but thats what politics has become. For years anyone who questioned 9/11 or Bush had their patritosim called into question, their AMERICANISM called into question.
    Meanwhile everyones hearing 9/11 Iraq over and over till 70% of people think Iraq had something to do with 9/11. Hell if you go to the FBI website they cant even tie Bin Laden to 9/11. Yet we all just went along with it, ok'd everything, let Halliburton go to town let the patriot act get passed.
    The whole thing is disgusting, Im ashamed that the families of the victims of 9/11 never got any answers, and im ashamed that we as a country stood by with our thumbs in our asses while George and Dick committed warcrimes around the world.
    And if you dont think they did commit warcrimes, then why did they tack on an addition to the Military Commissions Act that prevents anyone in the Bush administration from being prosecuted for war crimes. That says guilty in no uncertain terms.
    When confronted with that piece of legislature, the adminsitration claimed they had no idea who authored it.

The more you look, the more it stinks. The deeper you dig,the more you find.
    I recommend watching Loose Change the final Cut, and to always, always question. WE the people are the watchdogs, WE must prevent more JFKs, MLKs, RFKs, and 9/11s from happening and then being swept under the rug.
    When will we be so sick of the lies that we wont settle for anything but truth? Everytime we let a Warren Commission or a 9/11 commission get away with the whitewash, we condone it, we encourage it, we ask for a repeat of it.
    When is enough? When is enough?
    /rant off

Veteran Poster

The facts are in and idiots like you cant change them. Hiv does not cause aids and the hiv test is a fraud. Facts my friend deal with it.
    What facts? All you've done is rant about how we're all fools. Please, show us something tangible and you might stop looking like a petulant little douche. We aren't going to do the research to support your own piss-weak argument. Stop being such a lazy little cunt and enlighten us.

Veteran Poster

vietboy, Your a joke to me.
    Now get the fuck out of here, this thread is not about me. Stop trying to hijack this thread with your stupidity.
    Your a punk coward hiding behind the comforts of your computer talking tough. The real sheep is YOU jackass because you believe everything the government tells you. You have no brain and you are basicly just a mindless robot.
    Your a worthless lowlife basicly a reflection of your parents.
    You have no purpose on this thread. Go post about politricks you idiot.
    The facts are in and idiots like you cant change them. Hiv does not cause aids and the hiv test is a fraud.
    Soooooo, you are not a troll? Why do you make posts like this then?

How does it feel to be wrong?
    Wanted to ask you the same question

Facts my friend deal with it.
    Facts.. please show me fact. Just one. You didnt.

I think its an insult to all the people who died of and have this horrible disease.

Default Wow

My job is that of a peer educator for an organization who helps to prevent hiv and std's and to help people who have HIV live longer healthier lives. And yes, HIV does lead to AIDS.