Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Thanks so much dan. I've got to get back to work now. But I might PM you sometime later today or this week. Thanks again.
    NP anytime

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

I'm an 20 + year IT professional so you can consider or ignore this as you desire..

First, if you think you are beinhg hacked, PULL THE NETWORK WIRE OR REMOVE / DISABLE THE WIRELESS ADAPTER.

Reboot the machine, and check for the unwanted user id. it's presence or asence is not a determinator of whether ornot a remote connection is doing this but it may help. The idea here is to document effects of changes.

Then check you running processes, with CTL-ALT-DEL and select the processes and apps tabs.

Write down everything

Then get from a friend a copy of Security task manager a shareware program. You can temporarily re-activate your newtork connections to do this (the machine is either fucked or it isn't at this point).

Install it and run it. It will list every process running and give an opinion on how safe or risky a program is. It's a much better listing of processes than what's built into winBlows.

You can use STM to remove unanted processes from your registry (and the STM program shows the full pathname of the processes so if it's in its own directory and you didn't install the program) you can delete the bad files.

Reboot the machine. the bad proccesses removed if any should NOT show up.

PM me if you want more assistance or just post responses to this thread.

Veteran Poster

Here are the screenshots from XP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wincom2_139.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	198265   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wincom1_129.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	198266