Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me

Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me

Man, this guy cannot stop himself from saying stupid shit, although I think he might have been right on this one.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Biden: "Make no mistake about this, Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight. She’s a truly close personal friend, she is qualified to be president of the United States of America, she’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America, and quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate, I mean that sincerely, she’s first rate, so let’s get that straight."

Ooooo that’s soooo damning. BTW where did Biden say Hillary actually would have been a better pick? I can’t seem to find this quote:

Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me
    ???

Both are excellent choices. I like Biden better for his position on Iraq and his breadth of knowledge. Hillary may have done more to consolidate the dems, maybe not. She’s a polarizing figure and the republicans really really really wanted to run against her.

But man, papaG, you really cannot stop yourself from posting stupid shit, although I think this one’s more fizzle than pop.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

I just copied the headline from the article.

"she’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America, and quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

You can play games with semantics and say he didnt say that exactly, but that is basically what he said.

The point is he well know for saying stupid stuff, this is one of those times.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

You can play games with semantics
    A hallmark thinking with precision and listening and speaking with precision. Biden was being both gracious and truthful. He said exactly what he meant and not what you rather he had said. So no, you're he one who is playing the semantic games here, you're the one who is saying stupid shit, and you're really stretching.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    You can play games with semantics
    A hallmark thinking with precision and listening and speaking with precision. Biden was being both gracious and truthful. He said exactly what he meant and not what you rather he had said. So no, you're he one who is playing the semantic games here, you're the one who is saying stupid shit, and you're really stretching.
    So you are that partisan that you cannot admit Biden saying Hillary may have been a better choice for VP than him, given all that has happened up until this point, was not a stupid thing to say? Wow, take the blinders off seriously. What if Palin would have said that Romney might have been a better VP pick than her?

Also for the 50th time I'm not a Republican and not voting for McCain.

P.S. I agree with Biden, Hillary would have been a better pick.

Junior Poster

Hillary was the correct pick no doubt ! I guess she was not interested , she is better off if the messiah loses !

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JelenaCD
    Hillary was the correct pick no doubt ! I guess she was not interested , she is better off if the messiah loses !
    Well maybe she calculated Obama would lose and thought that would give her the best chance next time, or maybe she wasn't asked. If I was Obama I sure wouldn't trust that I was the only one keeping the Clinton's away from controlling the White House again.

But from the point of view of the voters I think Hillary and Obama would have been unbeatable. Biden basically represents the status quo and so much of what Obama was supposed to be running against.

I disagree with you totally by thinking that Obama is the messiah (although I've heard alot of people saying that lately). I think that he would make the best president but the messiah thing I'll take a pass on. Question though: If you truly believe that Obama is the messiah then why would you want him to lose? Wouldn't that mean that we're all doomed? Or is that what you want? Oh I get it, you lil devil you..

"Give them nothing, but take from them, everything".. Spartan King Leonidas

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wis...whiteness-clip

Quote Originally Posted by dafame
    I disagree with you totally by thinking that Obama is the messiah (although I've heard alot of people saying that lately). I think that he would make the best president but the messiah thing I'll take a pass on. Question though: If you truly believe that Obama is the messiah then why would you want him to lose? Wouldn't that mean that we're all doomed? Or is that what you want? Oh I get it, you lil devil you..
    This whole "messiah" thing is just coming from republicans. It's a way of denigrating the opposition with snide condescention. It's their entire campaign. It's not like they have anything to actually run on. What're they gonna do? Tout their accomplishment? Hold up the robust economy as their shining example? Brag about winning the wars? What else can they do other than try & make everybody scared of the other guy?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Like I said in an earlier post;. Republicans have been preparing against Hillary for 16 years. They were set to energize the Religious Wrong against her. People like Pat Robertson continually railed against her since when Bill was in office. I heard it with my own ears many times, as my SO used to listen to him. They have had ridiculous underground lies prepared. There are numerous articles on the net claiming that she and Bill are into witchcraft. Google it for yourself, and see tons of articles.

Hillary once said that there was a “vast right wing conspiracy” against her and Bill. I believe her. That’s where the concept of her being a ‘polarizing figure’ comes from. I remember seeing the picture of a Klansman holding a sign that said; “Better Obama than Hillary”. Many people that that they were against her just because she was a woman. But it was really a case of being against her, specifically.

But I would have voted for Hillary, if she were the Democratic nominee, or if she was the VP nominee also.