Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

As governor she supported the enactment of a bill that would have superceded a court ruling that struck down a gay partner's rights to state benefits.
    I thought you said gays have all the rights you do?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Platinum Poster

You come across as if you think yourself intelligent. You aren't.

She vetoed the bill because she realized she had to. It doesn't change the fact that she's a batshit crazy bible-banging book-banning backwoods bitch.

You also come across as someone who doesn't realize that your BS talking points from Limbaugh, Hannity et al are an obviously desperate attempt to prop up McSame's pathetic wingnut of a VP choice. Lots of luck, zippy.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    As governor she supported the enactment of a bill that would have superceded a court ruling that struck down a gay partner's rights to state benefits.
    I thought you said gays have all the rights you do?
    What I said is that gays have the same Constitutional rights that all other persons have. There is a difference between rights provided under the federal Constitution and rights provided by state law. Although I am not familiar with this case, presumably an Alaska state court held that a partner of a gay state employee was not entitled to state funded benefits.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    You come across as if you think yourself intelligent. You aren't.

She vetoed the bill because she realized she had to. It doesn't change the fact that she's a batshit crazy bible-banging book-banning backwoods bitch.

You also come across as someone who doesn't realize that your BS talking points from Limbaugh, Hannity et al are an obviously desperate attempt to prop up McSame's pathetic wingnut of a VP choice. Lots of luck, zippy.
    Hey Brainiac -

Try to read more critically. She wanted to enact the legislation that HELPED the partner of a gay state employee. She reluctantly vetoed the bill on the advice of Alaska's attorney general.

Who needs to listen to Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity? Think critically and you will see that the Republican party's platform provides the best path to success for you and your family.

Thanks for you offer of luck, but I don't need it. Neither do McCain or Palin. They will be your next president and vice-president.

think critically.
    the Republican party's platform provides the best path to success for you and your family.
    think critically.
    the Republican party's platform provides the best path to success for you and your family.
    think critically.
    think critically.
    the Republician party's platform provide the best path.
    the best path.
    the very best path,
    for you
    and your family.
    you and your family.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

think critically.
    think critically.
    think critically.
    think critically.
    the Republician party's platform provide the best path.
    the best path.
    the very best path,
    for you
    and your family.
    you and your family.
    Nice trish... a baby step but a step just the same.

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

And then you have Obama's pastor promoting the following "Black Value System". This is straight off their website.
    http://www.trinitychicago.org/index....sk=view&id=114

Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness."

Classic methodology on control of captives teaches that captors must be able to identify the "talented tenth" of those subjugated, especially those who show promise of providing the kind of leadership that might threaten the captor's control.

Those so identified are separated from the rest of the people by:

Killing them off directly, and/or fostering a social system that encourages them to kill off one another.

Placing them in concentration camps, and/or structuring an economic environment that induces captive youth to fill the jails and prisons.

Seducing them into a socioeconomic class system which, while training them to earn more dollars, hypnotizes them into believing they are better than others and teaches them to think in terms of "we" and "they" instead of "us."

So, while it is permissible to chase "middleclassness" with all our might, we must avoid the third separation method - the psychological entrapment of Black "middleclassness." If we avoid this snare, we will also diminish our "voluntary" contributions to methods A and B. And more importantly, Black people no longer will be deprived of their birthright: the leadership, resourcefulness and example of their own talented persons.
    Pledge to Make the Fruits of All Developing and Acquired Skills Available to the Black Community.

Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions.
    Pledge Allegiance to All Black Leadership Who Espouse and Embrace the Black Value System.
    Personal Commitment to Embracement of the Black Value System. To measure the worth and validity of all activity in terms of positive contributions to the general welfare of the Black Community and the Advancement of Black People towards freedom.

If you believe in guilt by association don't forget about the McCain endorsed pastors who prayed for rain to drench the democratic convention. Not that it's such a despicable prayer, as much it shows how ridiculous McCain's supporters and by association McCain himself is.

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

If you believe in guilt by association don't forget about the McCain endorsed pastors who prayed for rain to drench the democratic convention. Not that it's such a despicable prayer, as much it shows how ridiculous McCain's supporters and by association McCain himself is.
    I don't believe in guilt by association. What I do believe is that Palin and Obama's churches are two classic examples of how silly and ignorant religion is. You have Palin's church, with young and able-minded teenagers looking rather medieval flopping around the floor possessed by the Holy Spirit. Then you have Jeremiah Wright’s flock that appear post-medieval, yet seem stuck in a 1968 civil rights mentality.

True enough. You never heard me criticize Palin for the views of her church. Just those views she herself espouses. Her views on creationism, stem cell research, a woman's right to choose (all intimately related issues) are on record. They just happen to also be the views of her silly church.