Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That... didn't feel like Dragonball at all! Damnit... At least the fighting looks cool. And where is Krillin for the comic relief?

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

5 Star Poster

I was looking forward to this movie. I've been a big DBZ fan since 97. It looks ok. I mean only so much of DragonBall could translate to live action. I just hope it does not bomb so that they will make a DragonBall Z movie (or two DBZ had a few villains that could have their own movie.)

If they only change what has to be changed for the sake of practicality and keep what is the core of the show, it's very Asian story it'll be cool. If not it will rank along with the first Hulk movie.[/list]

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    I mean only so much of DragonBall could translate to live action.
    That's true. I just want it to maintain that same "feel" that the manga and anime have. I don't even know if it's possible. It was just a teaser after all, so we'll see.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

5 Star Poster

Yeah. IF the franchise makes it to a DBZ movie that would become even harder. (i.e. having to create a setting for a whole alien planet, Namek, just to have it destroyed.) The flying they could do with CG, heck the Matrix did a good job of that.

Then there is the fact that the "Earth" of DBZ is not exactly the real life earth.

All I want to see is the following.

1. Krillen, Chichi, Tien Shin Han, etc are present as well as the characters we see and that their personalities are not very different. (i.e. Roshi is still a bit of a pervert.)

2.That the religion of DBZ with its multi layered bureaucracy of gods is present.

3. That calling upon the dragon is true to how it looked in the Anime.

4. Good fighting, believeable effects.

Those to me are what is essential.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=RJO0MJ5T

Complete Failure Picollo looks like silversurfer in a way...Complete Failure on this movie.-2Cents

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Who's that guy playing Goku? Looks like that guy from Green Day.

~Kisses.

HTG
    He's just another pretty actor whose name isn't even worth mentioning, he was in 'The Invisible'.

I was never much a fan of Dragonball, but GODDAMN that looks awful! I feel sorry for the millions of DBZ fans out there. It reminds me of 'Street Fighter, The Movie', or even Roger Corman's 'Fantastic Four', which was so awful it never saw the light of day.

But hey, it can't be nearly as bad a travesty as 'Battlefield: Earth'.

Rookie Poster

I have been waiting for the dragonball movie for a long time but once I saw the trailer I was soooooo disappointed. The way they are doing Goku makes him seem so far from how he was in the anime. I still am planning on seeing the movie but they really could have done better with this. I just am hoping it will make it to dbz with Gohan and Vegeta.

Legend you are so right. I laughed a little too loud at this when I saw the preview in the movies.

They should just send this straight to DVD and obscurity.

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

I didn't even know that people still watched Dragonball Z.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

Rookie Poster

Yeah, they have been releasing the series in remastered dvds. They just had a new episode made that was released at the end of last year called yo, son goku and friends return. You have been missing out bte