Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I seriously thought about enlisting right out of high school (graduated '02) which was just before the "war." I'm so glad I didn't risk my life under false pretenses. I'd have done the same if possible if I were 18+ during Vietnam.

Oh, and Juno's Dad for President 2016!

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Veteran Poster

My dad ended up not serving... due to flat feet, being in college and just getting married... one other thing... can't remember.

That didn't make him a dodger, or a coward. He didn't believe in the war, but he didn't try to avoid service in any way that was taking advantage of the influence of others either.

The others covered a lot it...

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    I seriously thought about enlisting right out of high school (graduated '02) which was just before the "war." I'm so glad I didn't risk my life under false pretenses. I'd have done the same if possible if I were 18+ during Vietnam.!
    Be glad you did not, you'd have probably come home in a pinewood overcoat. I say that if politicans are gonna start wars, they outta do what the kings of long ago did and actually suit up and lead the men into battle personally, and be just as ready to die as his men are.

Plus look at the Vietnam vets who are either living in a dumpster or are complete basket cases. Soldiers fight and die, but the government leaves them to rot after the war's done.

And as for Iraq, to Quote Colonial Troutman from Rambo III,
    We've had our Vietman already.
    The government needs to realize it can NOT take the role of GI JOE without one half of the world wanting to push their big, red buttons, and the other half selling the first half the equipment that is operated by said big, red buttons.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Junior Poster

Draft dodgers are un american and cowards.[/quote]

no way
    are you crazy!? if u was 2 get drafted now would u go and fight?
    I think not
    Anyway if I was to get drafted right now I would dodge it 2 cuz there is a long of shit I never did.....but believe me if there was a ww2 scenario I would fight no question

My lottery number was 225. We were told that the draft probably wouldn't go over 180. If memory serves, I think they got close to 160. That was the second lottery in 1971. The first only covered the last half of 1970. Once the lottery system was implemented, there weren't any more deferments.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Default Re: Joe Biden a DRAFT DODGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    5 deferments for that fucker same as cheney!
    Im so sick of these cowardly pussy as politicians.
    There should be a constitutional amendment to ban these gutless cowards from being president.
    Its a goddam shame.
    Well, the biggest difference twixt the two right off the bat is that Biden isn't the warmonger Cheney is. Cheney was part of the inner circle of chickenhawks that orchestrated this mess in Iraq. There's the difference. Hey, maybe those who live by the sword, should at least know what one looks like. Ya think?
    At the time I’m familiar with, anyone in college could get a deferment as long as they were in college for up to four years. There were a lot of complaints about that policy, but it encouraged a lot of people to stay in school. I think the rationale was a good one. That is; a person getting a college degree is also good for the larger society. Some did get their degree, but still had to go in the service. They then had the option of going into officer training, or perhaps they could get into a military job which was not related to direct combat.

There is no shame in getting a deferment if, you are entitled to it legally. Even though Dick Cheney and Joe Biden, may have had the same amount of deferments I draw a big distinction between the two. That is because Dick Cheney had a hand in formulating plans, which were carried out to send people into combat. It is my understanding that he was one of the main people asking intelligence agencies to find evidence of WMD’s, in order to justify his case to go to war. As a key member of an organization called PNAC, Cheney advocated using US military power to attack Iraq in 1998. Then key members of this group were given high positions in the Bush Administration, including Donald Rumsfield as the Secretary of Defense, “Scooter” Libby, and Paul Wolfowitz.

Joe Biden probably voted to authorize force, but the Bush administration basically positioned themselves to make people look bad for not supporting the war effort. So Dick Cheney, with no direct combat experience was essential in promoting war as a tool to ensure US “world dominance”. Not so with Joe Biden.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...erican_Century

Thanks Cuchulain for explaining things. And I also wrote this befroe seeing Realgirl4me's post.

Biden is a sissy.
    He is a coward and not worthy of being VP.
    I am a veteran of the first Gulf War and have my medals to prove it.
    I got orders while I was stateside several months BEFORE the first war started and could have gotten out of it but did not.
    I arrived in the middle east 3 DAYS after the war had started and the alert sirens were going off on my base as we landed.
    I wore chem gear for the first 6 weeks I was there.
    So.
    I can talk because I am not a coward like these politicians.
    If you wont fight for your country you dont belong here.

Have a nice day.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

You can speak to your own reasons for your own service, but you are in absolutely no position to speak about Biden's, MaCain's or anyone else's motivations. You are simply a slanderer with nothing to offer as evidence for your assertions but a partisan desire to sully an opponent's good name.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Biden is a sissy.
    He is a coward
    Because he had asthma?

If you wont fight for your country you dont belong here.
    Please explain how sending US troops to prop up a brutal dictator (Premier Diem) against the will of his own people, who declared independence in 1945, and even quoted the American Declaration of Independence when they did so, means that American troops were fighting for our country?

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

I watched a documentary on CNN about Joe Biden. I have to say that I have a lot of respect for the man for how he endured personal and medical hardships throughout his life. However, I do not agree with his or Obama's vision for America. When Biden said "It's time to be patriotic. It's time to step up and become part of the deal", in other words time for Americans to get taxed to hell to pay for this government's wasteful spending habits, in my mind I think "This government gets enough money from us. Pay for it yourselves (congress)."