Veteran Poster

Default 17 YR old daughter of VP canditate is pregnant!

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) -- Bristol Palin, the 17-year-old daughter of Sarah Palin, is pregnant and will keep the baby and marry the father, a senior aide to Sen. John McCain confirmed to CNN Tuesday.

Bristol Palin, second from right, holds infant brother Trig at Friday's announcement of their mother's candidacy.

Republican presidential candidate McCain was aware of Bristol Palin's pregnancy before he chose her mother for his running mate, the aide said.

"Senator McCain knew this and felt in no way did it disqualify her from being vice president," said the aide. "Families have difficulties sometimes, and lucky for her she has a supportive family."

The 17-year-old, a senior in high school, is about five months along, in her second trimester, according to the aide.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good? bad? Any thought?

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

The Republicans hope to hell, you are not the Father of the child.

Rookie Poster

At a press availability in Monroe, Mich., Barack Obama said: "Back off these kinds of stories."

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor and/or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

On charges that his campaign has stoked the story via liberal blogs:

"I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us," he said. "Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I thought there was somebody in my campaign who was involved in something like that, they would be fired."
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13050.html

I just thought of something evil....
    The republican party would REALLY gag if the father of the baby was black!

Oh that would be something!
    But I kind of like the lady I dont like her policies but shes a very likable person.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    I just thought of something evil....
    The republican party would REALLY gag if the father of the baby was black!
    They hope if the Father is Black, it will get them more Black votes. :P

Typical right wing hypocrite,l bet she rails against premarital sex.

Professional Poster

Default Re: 17 YR old daughter of VP canditate is pregnant!

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    11. Are you offended by the phrase “Under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?

SP: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.
    For anyone that didn't catch that -- the Founding Fathers had no Pledge of Allegiance. A pledge like that to an inanimate object (the flag) would likely have violated their most deeply-held philosophical principles.

(a) The Pledge of Allegiance wasn't written until 1892. (116 years after the founding of the country).
    (b) The phrase "Under God" wasn't in it originally, being added in 1954. (178 years after founding of the country).

Lots of us consider the evolution of the Pledge of Allegiance to be a key example in how far the USA has strayed from its original Constitutional principles by the Founding Fathers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_allegiance

Rookie Poster

only the lowest form of human scum would try to exploit a situation like Gov Palins daughter. Its a private matter, it should be kept that way. We all have our private problems, lets try some compassion instead of the usual ugliness that surrounds the world of US politics

Default Re: 17 YR old daughter of VP canditate is pregnant!

Quote Originally Posted by scroller
    Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    11. Are you offended by the phrase “Under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?

SP: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.
    For anyone that didn't catch that -- the Founding Fathers had no Pledge of Allegiance. A pledge like that to an inanimate object (the flag) would likely have violated their most deeply-held philosophical principles.

(a) The Pledge of Allegiance wasn't written until 1892. (116 years after the founding of the country).
    (b) The phrase "Under God" wasn't in it originally, being added in 1954. (178 years after founding of the country).

Lots of us consider the evolution of the Pledge of Allegiance to be a key example in how far the USA has strayed from its original Constitutional principles by the Founding Fathers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_allegiance
    SIDEBAR- During WW1 schools usually saluted the flag every morning as the military at the time did on bases, the pledge was not popular as it is in its current form.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all