Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    where can i buy one?
    I have one for you Alyssa,and I deliver..

Junior Poster

I saw an add for an Obama t-shirt that looked like it was done in that old, 1950's super hero style (the text and everything). Said something like, "Get my mama--I'm voting Obama."

If only I'd taken a picture of it when I saw it last.

While if I could go back in time and change things, God knows I would, I also realize that such a thing is impossible. So I just have to move on with my life and make sure that I come out the other side a better person. That’s all there is too it.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Get the fuk outta here with your obama t shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    For myself, my support from Obama comes partially from his success at Harvard. He was chosen as editor-in-chief (a major accomplishment) even though he was quite liberal; the reason is that between the liberals and conservatives they were fairly deadlocked on who to pick... but Obama he was good at making the conservatives feel comfortable with him because he sat down and listened to them and really talked to them. Now, I don't think he changed his position much, but he made them feel like he was really taking their views into account, so in the end the conservatives decided that if they couldn't have one of their own then they would rather support Obama. It's a smart way of governing, so to speak, and it's important that everyone's view is heard. Sorry that doesn't fit your "black dude for president" mentality.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA YES LETS VOTE FOR OBAMA CAUSE HE WAS THE EDITOR OF A STUDENT NEWSPAPER!! Funniest shit I've heard all month.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Let's vote for Obama because he'll CUT TAXES for 95% of all working families.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obama_445.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	196722  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    So he says

Junior Poster

what people fail to realise is that, by not extending the bush tax breaks, 100% of people's taxes will actually increase, either directly or indirectly.

morons...

Nothing to see here folks.

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatmaker
    Quote Originally Posted by worthy2
    I will wipe my ass with your bullshit t shirt and make you wear that shit. The majority of motherfuckers wearting these t shirts are only wearing the t shirt cause he is black. No other reason and they have no knowledge of obama's track record and voting record. Yes mccain is awful too. This whole election is like a reality show with these amauters trying to win the lotto and become a super millionaire when they become president.
    You sound like that idiot Geraldine Ferraro. It's funny how some whites constantly accuse blacks of playing the race card, but I think whites (i.e worthy2) can be way worse at times. AOL and Youtube threads are running rampant with these types. They never want to give an African-American credit for anything and will undermine everything we do. Mostly, because life hasn't panned out the way they like it, so they must minimize someone else's success to fell better about themselves. Sure, Obama isn't some 30 yr U.S Senator, but neither was Bill Clinton. He was actually younger than Barack, when he got elected and so was John F Kennedy. Being a good President is more about one's inate leadership and diplomacy skills, than how many times they got elected. Your V.P and cabinet can show you the ropes on technical issues, but the question is can you lead. Hillary actually had less experience as an elected politician than Barack did. He was an Illinois State Senator for 8 years and U.S Senator for a little over 2 years. Hillary was a U.S Senator going on 6 years. However, I won't discount her experience as First Lady or trickle down experience from Bill Clinton's Presidency and will give her the nod on experience. However, my main issue with Hillary was her willingness to be a borderline "hawk" during most of the war, to appeal to conservatives, moderate Democrats and suburban Upstate New Yorkers. Now that the war is unpopular, she's on this "no way, no Bush" stuff. Hillary is more apt to make decisions for political reasons, than Barack is. That nonsense with the oil tax rebates was a perfect example. He stood his ground, in spite of the backlash from poor blue collar types, saying it was a waste of time and political grandstanding.

P.S: The only place your bytch @ss would wipe your yourself with an Obama T-Shirt is locked in your own bathroom. Don't get your shyt pushed in trying to be Edward Norton's character from "American X".
    well said.

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrShow52
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel
    For myself, my support from Obama comes partially from his success at Harvard. He was chosen as editor-in-chief (a major accomplishment) even though he was quite liberal; the reason is that between the liberals and conservatives they were fairly deadlocked on who to pick... but Obama he was good at making the conservatives feel comfortable with him because he sat down and listened to them and really talked to them. Now, I don't think he changed his position much, but he made them feel like he was really taking their views into account, so in the end the conservatives decided that if they couldn't have one of their own then they would rather support Obama. It's a smart way of governing, so to speak, and it's important that everyone's view is heard. Sorry that doesn't fit your "black dude for president" mentality.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA YES LETS VOTE FOR OBAMA CAUSE HE WAS THE EDITOR OF A STUDENT NEWSPAPER!! Funniest shit I've heard all month.

Holy shit... you're describing the Harvard Law Review as a "student newspaper"!? Do you have any idea how much the Law Review is leaned upon in actual court cases? Do you know how much this "newspaper" affects the legal system in the United States? Being the president of H's Law Review guarantees you will have an important position in the legal system for life... like five or so supreme court justices were previous editors.

Dude, this comment just shows off how little you know about civil society and American politics.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tubgirl
    what people fail to realise is that, by not extending the bush tax breaks, 100% of people's taxes will actually increase, either directly or indirectly.

morons...

No, what you fail to realize since you listen to nothing but Republican spin instead of thinking for yourself (or just doing like 5 mins of research) is that Obama has a tax policy that accounts for what middle-class families lose by cutting out the Bush tax cuts and replacing them with a new tax cut in which the greater amount of tax rebates goes to people further down the tax bracket (incomes below $250,000):

"The rich would pay more under Barack Obama's tax plan, and the poor and middle-class would pay less, a nonpartisan analysis finds. Under John McCain's plan, the rich would pay much less than they do now, the poor and middle-class would pay a bit less, and the federal deficit would grow, the study found." - Chicago Sun-Times

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...-tax30.article

Junior Poster

and how much of that "tax policy" that i gain will be eaten up to pay for UHC and other welfare reforms?

Nothing to see here folks.