Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Allanah, try to keep this in mind. While I align with the GOP on most fiscal and foreign policy issues I am not even close on the social issues. While I most likely will vote GOP I do not consider myself a hypocrite. I do not condone in any way shape or form discrimination against anyone based on race, religion, sexual preference etc. People choices are simply that and need to be respected as such. Granted the moral right takes a holier than thou approach but most are exposed as the hypocrites they are when they make the news doing something they so vehemently oppose. Please remember that supporting the GOP does not necessarily mean that you agree with everything they say or do. The same goes for the Democrats, while I like most of their social stances I can not stand their economic and foreign policy choices. It is a matter of preference for me and I would hope that my choices would be respected just as I would respect yours. I don't view myself as a hypocrite but rather a human being who respects and appreciates that individuals have the right to be who they are without being judged by others.

let the good times roll..

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    To Allanah's orginal post.

The real answer is as follows.

1.) There are plenty of GLBT people who are conservative about everything but their sexual lifestyle or whatever alternative thing they are into. They are the gay Christian/Jewish/Muslim's who march in the parade even as other Christian/Jewish/Muslims protest it. They are the black people who do not believe in affirmative action and achieved the dream without it. They are the one's who while they are a minority do not blame the majority for all their troubles. Lastly they are the one's who know that no one party will always look out for their interest.

2.) Your own POV is part of why you cannot understand this. That's right I blame YOU for your problem with this. You must understand democrats are not automatically on your side. Here in Chicagoland, for instance, MOST of the religious fundamentalist of all faith's and denominations are also black people who are democrats![/i] Republicans are not always on the non progressive side of things. (Like our last republican Governor who commuted every sentence on death row to life in prison and Freed many of the inmates outright.) Basically what you said is true only if a sterotype of all repblicans as being gay hating, racist, tea totaling, WASP's was reality. Reality is just not that simple.

I am voting for Barrack Obama. In my life I have voted Green (Nadir) for president because I believed most in their ideas. I am voting now for Obama because I beleive in his idea's. If Obama proved between now and November to be a complete idiot (like if he wanted to go to war with Pakistan a country that has Nuclear weapons and would use them to defend itself... as anyone would) I would then have to vote for the lesser of two idiots. God I wish we had a really viable third party. In sha Allah we will have one in my life time.
    Brenda,
    1 and 2 are perfectly stated...much better than I could articulate. Although our politics may differ, its all good.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dave252
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    I dont necessarily see republicans that way- overall , but it doesnt sound like Allanah either.

but im biased, that's motha!

she didnt say you dont belong, she was just questioning the logic.
    This is why I try not to get involved in these things, the "socially progressives" claim that all opinions are valid, that this is what America is all about. Then in the same breath they say, "I cant believe you actually think that way", now labeled "scary".
    well
    "I cant believe you actually think that way"
    and
    "You are inherently evil for thinking that way"
    are a bit different.

Not to mention "socially progressives" arent looking to rid the Earth of any evil in the name of Ah-jee-zusah.
    As are most (not all) socially conservatives. They seem to be more interested in blind equality.

But what do i know, really?
    I'm just big tits and big cock.

Rookie Poster

Junior Poster

Default Re: The people on this board that scare me the most..

I guess my point was, if you dissagree with her opinions on everything, then you dont belong here. doesnt that sound like a republican?
    It actually sounds like it could have been said by either a republican or a hillary clinton supporter.

Hillary and Bill played the race and fear cards over and over...

Hillary's pander to whites with " .

What a joke to read a Hillary supporter write that people with differing political ideals are intolerant !!!!!

Junior Poster

Note to Hondarobot on Universal Healthcare:

Warning the Surgeon General Has determined that Universal Health Care is Hazardous to your health.

Great thought that all should have the same access but here is why it won't work.

First look how the Govt mismanages all other social programs. Excess spending, payoffs, good ole boys taking care of one another. Having the govt manage healthcare would be like transfusing blood from one arm to the other and spilling half of it on the way over. Costs would be driven up dramatically due to waste at govt level. If the hurricane Katrina disaster does not show how ineffective our govt is at management then I do not know what does. Or, how about sending 10 billion dollars in cash to Iraq to bribe insurgents and losing the money.

Secondly we have great quality doctors and technology in the country because people can make a great living in health care. What incentive is there for people to attend 8 years of college and a 4 year residency if they are only going to be paid what the govt is offering. Free markets drive the competitive edge that our health care industry enjoys. Look at Canada for instance, people there cure themselves by dying while waiting for treatment in a system that is so inadequate the can not even take care of simple needs such as kidney dialysis. Why else do you think so many Canadians come to the U.S. for much needed surgeries.

Thirdly, universal health care provides no incentive for people to maintain a moderate standard of health. If you get all your needs taken care of then you think nothing of smoking, drinking and being over weight and out of shape.

I know our health care system is not ideal but universal health care would be much worse.

let the good times roll..

Rookie Poster

I dont necessarily see republicans that way- overall , but it doesnt sound like Allanah either.

but im biased, that's motha!

she didnt say you dont belong, she was just questioning the logic.
    This is why I try not to get involved in these things, the "socially progressives" claim that all opinions are valid, that this is what America is all about. Then in the same breath they say, "I cant believe you actually think that way", now labeled "scary".
    well
    "I cant believe you actually think that way"
    and
    "You are inherently evil for thinking that way"
    are a bit different.

Not to mention "socially progressives" arent looking to rid the Earth of any evil in the name of Ah-jee-zusah. As are most (not all) socially conservatives. They seem to be more interested in blind equality.

But what do i know, really?
    I'm just big tits and big cock.
    You are right, I guess the bottom line is, until we stop playing partisan politics and taking sides (which I believe both parties want is to keep us divided) this argument will continue. Everyone in this country has the right to believe what they want, without ridicule from others, without fear of retribution.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by strokeitnow
    Note to Hondarobot on Universal Healthcare:

Warning the Surgeon General Has determined that Universal Health Care is Hazardous to your health.

Great thought that all should have the same access but here is why it won't work.

First look how the Govt mismanages all other social programs. Excess spending, payoffs, good ole boys taking care of one another. Having the govt manage healthcare would be like transfusing blood from one arm to the other and spilling half of it on the way over. Costs would be driven up dramatically due to waste at govt level. If the hurricane Katrina disaster does not show how ineffective our govt is at management then I do not know what does. Or, how about sending 10 billion dollars in cash to Iraq to bribe insurgents and losing the money.

Secondly we have great quality doctors and technology in the country because people can make a great living in health care. What incentive is there for people to attend 8 years of college and a 4 year residency if they are only going to be paid what the govt is offering. Free markets drive the competitive edge that our health care industry enjoys. Look at Canada for instance, people there cure themselves by dying while waiting for treatment in a system that is so inadequate the can not even take care of simple needs such as kidney dialysis. Why else do you think so many Canadians come to the U.S. for much needed surgeries.

Thirdly, universal health care provides no incentive for people to maintain a moderate standard of health. If you get all your needs taken care of then you think nothing of smoking, drinking and being over weight and out of shape.

I know our health care system is not ideal but universal health care would be much worse.
    That was a good response, and most of your points are valid at the moment. In a perfect health care system, not everything would be free, but the basics and emergency issues would be provided (and no, not at ER prices like they are now). You also couldn't chow down on Ho-Ho's then get a free lipo, for example.

Also, the excuse that government run programs are broken is no excuse. Things are that way because the government that implements those programs currently is broken. Universal Health care is clearly possible, and could result from a properly organized government. That's the main issue.

Junior Poster

Wrong forum , please use the politics and religion forum, I have stopped posting or discussing politics on this site because I think it is pointless , nobody is going to change their minds between now and november . The blending of politics into the general forum is bad for business .

It started out as a comment about how some men who have sex with tgirls in thier personal lives have political views that are fervently anti gay and anti transgendered. and that it's hypocritical to be that way

so with that in mind it belongs in general discussion, imho