Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Barack Obama's birth certificate

Barack Obama's birth certificate revealed here

First, last fall, there were all kinds of people, a number of them Ron Paul
    supporters, dashing from Internet site to Internet site suggesting that
    John McCain could not serve as president of the United States.

That was because he was born outside the United States and, therefore,
    not native-born, as presidents must be constitutionally.

McCain was, in fact, born in a U.S. military hospital in the Panama Canal
    Zone, where his father was serving in the Navy. That was, in fact,
    American-controlled territory at the time.

More importantly, his parents were both American citizens, so he could
    have been born on Mars and still been an American at birth. And a sense
    of the Senate resolution took care of any lingering doubts.

Now come the rumors about Barack Obama's birthplace, that he was
    really born in his father's native Kenya, so like Gov. Arnold
    Schwarzenegger, who was born in Austria, he can't become a U.S.
    president.

Same rule would apply as for McCain. Obama's mother was an American.
    So is her son.

The Obama campaign has provided at The Ticket's request what it says is
    a copy of the Illinois senator's official birth certificate, reproduced here,
    showing he was born in Hawaii on Aug. 4, 1961, at 7:24 p.m., which
    means he was late for dinner, just like a politician.

Now, about the citizenship of all those people planting these rumors.

Not to say the information is incorrect, but the certificate, to be a copy of a 47 YO document, appears very pristine, and lacking in certain information, Physician's Name & Signature the least of which.

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Not to say the information is incorrect, but the certificate, to be a copy of a 47 YO document, appears very pristine, and lacking in certain information, Physician's Name & Signature the least of which.

Um, Covervette, if you bother to look at the bottom of the document, it indicates that the Hawaii birth certificate form was revised in November of 2001. So clearly, it is not a 47 yo document. Anyways, Someone born in 1930, 1940, 1960 or whenever, can always ask for, and obtain, a new birth certificate to replace one that has been lost or destroyed.

Peggy, what is the point of the thread? Even Republicans will agree that Obama was born in Hawaii and is therefore a U.S. citizen.

There is no conspiracy to elect a Kenyan-born man into office.

Seems like a non-issue.
    Yes braveman, I know. Exactly why I made the statement I did. I was born in 1947, upon request for a copy of my certificate, I got an "exact duplicate". It has the attending's name and sig., my foot and hand prints, and other pertanent data, such a a certified stamp of authenticity. What is on the certificate shown, can be done up anywhere.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Um, Covervette, if you bother to look at the bottom of the document, it indicates that the Hawaii birth certificate form was revised in November of 2001. So clearly, it is not a 47 yo document. Anyways, Someone born in 1930, 1940, 1960 or whenever, can always ask for, and obtain, a new birth certificate to replace one that has been lost or destroyed.

Peggy, what is the point of the thread? Even Republicans will agree that Obama was born in Hawaii and is therefore a U.S. citizen.

There is no conspiracy to elect a Kenyan-born man into office.

Seems like a non-issue.
    Yes braveman, I know. Exactly why I made the statement I did. I was born in 1947, upon request for a copy of my certificate, I got an "exact duplicate". It has the attending's name and sig., my foot and hand prints, and other pertanent data, such a a certified stamp of authenticity. What is on the certificate shown, can be done up anywhere.
    Good points by you both.

My original birth certificate was one of those black with white
    lettering photostat copies, though it did have the hospital I was born in,
    butt not the attending physician, or hand and foot prints that CR alluded
    to.

Fast forward to today, and my birth certificate looks very similiar to
    Presidential hopeful Obama, though mine does still denote the hosital that
    I was born in, etc.

Braverman the reason that I have raised this issue, is that while
    Republicans concede that Mr. Obama is a citizen of the United States
    there are many conspiracists who contest that fact, as evidenced by this
    link:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...th+certificate

Quote Originally Posted by traumadoc
    You must be a NATIVE BORN AMERICAN CITIZEN for eligibility to become President. Having American parent's means nothing in and of itself !

Get the facts straight before talking about being born on MARS
    You are incorrect. My sister was born on the Island of Okinawa( a US possession at the time), in a US Army Hospital, to career Air Force AMERICAN parents....she is fully eligible to be President of these United States! A person DOES NOT have to be born within the great 50, to be eligible for the Presidency.

To caveate this issue, a child born within the great 50, of illegal alien parents, is still an American citizen by birth. and therefore, eligible to become President.

Quote Originally Posted by traumadoc
    You must be a NATIVE BORN AMERICAN CITIZEN for eligibility to become President. Having American parent's means nothing in and of itself !

Get the facts straight before talking about being born on MARS
    AFAIK that includes territories, military bases, embassies, and other such areas.

I am sure the case law suggests that someone born to American parents in odd places (say international waters) is still considered an American citizen.

The "native" part is talking about how long they've had citizenship, not where they were born or conceived. This differs from an immigrant who originally had another citizenship and then became a naturalized citizen.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Rookie Poster

In some states if you request a coyp of your birth certificate you will receive a document that looks pretty much like what is show above. A few years back I needed a copy of my birth certificate (Illinois) and I was given a document similar in style to the one shown for Obama. I was suprised by what I was given and I was expecting something along the lines of what you described in a later post. I have used the newer style birth certificate several times and I have never by questioned about its authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjongil
    In some states if you request a coyp of your birth certificate you will receive a document that looks pretty much like what is show above. A few years back I needed a copy of my birth certificate (Illinois) and I was given a document similar in style to the one shown for Obama. I was suprised by what I was given and I was expecting something along the lines of what you described in a later post. I have used the newer style birth certificate several times and I have never by questioned about its authenticity.
    Completely correct, my replacement BC after my name changed is this new style.

Way different from my original, which was basically a blank xerox copy machine paper that some clerk ink-stamped on the data entry fields, and then hand wrote out all the information by hand.

My only complaint about the new BCs is that your sex states is written out in a separate part of the document (top right corner), no abbreviations or placement where it could be easily overlooked. Not a welcome change given that some of the older BCs out there never even had your sex status noted! My original BC and a few of my friends BCs, all from different decades and locations all lack having the sex status noted in the document.... nonetheless the states must have a vitals record that notes sex status, given that when these older BCs are replaced the new ones know what to put down.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Junior Poster

I come here to see hotties. But I get a kick out of everyone arguing about politics.

Like any of them are going to really solve the worlds problems.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kay
    I come here to see hotties. But I get a kick out of everyone arguing about politics. Like any of them are going to really solve the worlds problems.

Who here ever said they would solve the world's problems? Please let us know where you read that. Yea, you may want to go back to the hanging balls thread.
    You're right. It's more meaningful than this thread.