Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by toxicadam
    ABC Confirms: Palin Was AIP Member

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...s-of-frin.html

Officials of the Alaskan Independence Party say that Palin was once so independent, she was once a member of their party, which, since the 1970s, has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the 49th state can secede from the United States.
    WTF was McCain thinking?
    Nice try. Why didn't you quote the headline? Oh, because then it wouldn't have suited your purposes. Well, just so everyone can make up their own mind here it is:

Members of 'Fringe' Alaskan Independence Party Incorrectly Say Palin Was a Member in 90s

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Her husband was a member, not Palin herself...and that was years ago. Even though she remained a republican, she always had sympathy with the secessionist party. As governor, S. Palin addressed the Independence Party convention. Welcomed them and told them to keep up the "good work". She is without a doubt the most unAmerican vice presidential candidate ever!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Her husband was a member, not Palin herself...and that was years ago. Even though she remained a republican, she always had sympathy with the secessionist party. As governor, S. Palin addressed the Independence Party convention. Welcomed them and told them to keep up the "good work". She is without a doubt the most unAmerican vice presidential candidate ever!
    You need to make a better argument. Can you provide a quote where she stated that she was sympathetic to the secessionist part of their platform? Please do.

You have no fact to support your statement that she is the most un-American vice-presidential candidate ever. By the way, she will be our next vice-president.

You have no fact to support your statement that she is the most un-American vice-presidential candidate ever.
    I just presented suporting fact.

You need to make a better argument.
    You need to establish that the only valid evidence would be a quote, which if she had any political sense would never have made publicly.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

You have no fact to support your statement that she is the most un-American vice-presidential candidate ever.
    I just presented suporting fact.

You need to make a better argument.
    You need to establish that the only valid evidence would be a quote, which if she had any political sense would never have made publicly.
    Trish - You saying that "she always had sympathy with the secessionist party" really means nothing, nor does you citing that she told the Independent Party to keep up the good work. I really think you are reaching.

I not claiming that ME saying anything has any political importance. BTW that's not a correct quote. However, that FACT that her husband belonged to the Independence Party and the FACT that she very recently addressed their convention together reveal a flaw in the commitment of the Palins to America as a nation.

Rookie Poster

I not claiming that ME saying anything has any political importance. BTW that's not a correct quote. However, that FACT that her husband belonged to the Independence Party and the FACT that she very recently addressed their convention together reveal a flaw in the commitment of the Palins to America as a nation.
    Do you know the full extent of the Independence Party's platform? Do you know what she said at their convention?

I watched the speech on CSPAN, and yes, it gave me pause about her commitment to our nation.

Junior Poster

I watched the speech on CSPAN, and yes, it gave me pause about her commitment to our nation.
    So what was in her speech that connected her the secessionist's? Or did I go off topic?