Thread: The Vote Reaper

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Default The Vote Reaper

You may not agree with this politically, but it's a pretty damn good amateur film. Great effects.

I watched a lot of it. He is pretty entertaining on a limited budget. But I really disagree with his overall philosophy too much to enjoy it. I do repect him for being to bring up some arguments, but I disagree with his logic. To me entertainment is not good if it's values are not good.

For example, the fact that there were Democratic Presidents in World Wars I and II, has almost nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq. In both those wars we responding to an on going war, and also in responded directly to a nation that had attacked us militarily, Japan. Of course you know in Iraq we attacked a nation that was asking for negotiations or at least a public debate. I see he brings up the argument that offering unlimited oil drilling on American spaces will solve our problems. I have heard a lot evidence to the contrary. And what about world opinion which holds fossil fuels responsible for a lot of global warming (The Kyoto Treaty)?

I also looked at his video against gay marriage. I disagree with a lot of his conclusions. He does address a lot of points, but I disagree with his logic. For example here's one: He says that when Jesus says to love thy neighbor, he meant only people who were following Old Testament Laws. But Jesus himself broke Old Testament laws, like healing on the Sabbath, and several others. I believe that if you are not gay, then gay people are part of the neighbors that Christ tells us to love.

I just don't agree with his values.