Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    why didn't obama pick hillary clinton i mean wtf she had the numbers,experience and she was a woman?
    Hillary is like the third rail of politics...Clintons to many in general have a divisive nature to them, it would never fly in moderate/conservative circles on a GOP ticket.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Quote Originally Posted by trish
    I predict so many republicans will be up in arms over this choice, Sarah will be forced to decline the dubious honor being John Sydney McCain III's running mate.
    Your observations are usually very insightful. But not in this case. The deal is done. Sure, some Republicans may question the value of having a freshman Gov. of a state of less than 1 million people on the ticket, but it's too late.

She's not withdrawing. She's on the ticket. Withdrawing would send a signal that McCain's campaign is inept, that would mean defeat for the GOP in November.
    Democrats might also regret putting a Sophmore Senator as POTUS when they could have put Hillary. ITs all too late to bring more experience where its desperately needed.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

You may be right, braveman. I'm better at issues than politics. It does seem the republican party already let on how much of a tizzy there are in, when they announced they may have to delay their convention.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Silver Poster

why didn't obama pick hillary clinton i mean wtf she had the numbers,experience and she was a woman?

Because that would run CONTRARY to the CHANGE he's been espousing since, well.....forever.

Then there would be more calls for him being inconsistent and a flip flopper, thus losing the moderates, and thus losing the race in the end.

I'd still vote for him, but I would have even lost just a little respect for him had he gone with her.

I don't know if you understand this Legend, because you seem kinda young by some of your postings but:

Smart choice would have been to select Hillary Clinton.
    Wise choice is NOT selecting Hillary Clinton.

Obviously, one is greater than the other.

It's a big attempt to steal attention away from Obama's speech (which was great- I wasn't aware they were moving to a big stadium for the last day, so the momentum captured me).

This seems like such a desperate attempt by McCain to steal Hillary's votes. I really can't imagine Hillary supporters going for, with all the bad stuff I've heard about her.

Plus (and good for me, I'm for Obama) this might keep the Republicans who would never, ever vote for a woman at home on Election Day.

-Tara

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX

Because that would run CONTRARY to the CHANGE he's been espousing since, well.....forever.

Then there would be more calls for him being inconsistent and a flip flopper, thus losing the moderates, and thus losing the race in the end.

I'd still vote for him, but I would have even lost just a little respect for him had he gone with her.

I don't know if you understand this Legend, because you seem kinda young by some of your postings but:

So whats the difference between clinton and biden besides her numbers and record.Biden isn't exactly the defintion of change.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Emory
    It's a big attempt to steal attention away from Obama's speech (which was great- I wasn't aware they were moving to a big stadium for the last day, so the momentum captured me).

This seems like such a desperate attempt by McCain to steal Hillary's votes. I really can't imagine Hillary supporters going for, with all the bad stuff I've heard about her.

Plus (and good for me, I'm for Obama) this might keep the Republicans who would never, ever vote for a woman at home on Election Day.

-Tara

Of course its a tactical move..its politics. Everything is tactical in politics down to the Greek stage Obama spoke so well from. Many pundits surmise that Hillary doesn't want Obama to win...she's planning a 2012 run and Hillary really hasn't been championing Obama as she could especially with the campaign Obama ran and the tensions between the two. She'll outwardly show some support as part of the DNC show but behind the scenes don't look for Clinton to do much for his campaign..she's wanting more from Obama than she's offering ($$$).

As far as conservative (evangelical) Republicans... They'll unify by Mccain much stronger now Palin is on board, but the wild card is her down to earth family background, appeal to middle class americans, and her strongest showing will be the on the fence independents who were wondering if he'd bring aboard an inside Washington type who represents the big corporations (eg Romney). Mccain didnt choose the far-right ideologue...Palins more social issues are conservative but not the forfront of her politics. She is not a safe decision...a bit of a gamble,yet has a transformative potential to the Mccain camp, but IMO will offer much more to a broader section of demographics than some other choices he could have made.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX

So whats the difference between clinton and biden besides her numbers and record.Biden isn't exactly the defintion of change.

IMO Clinton probably didnt want the VP selection. She wasn't even vetted for it, was overlooked for it and/or likely declined the selection. A VP spot would mean 8 years of OBama Presidency...because that would be the media projected "dream ticket" that would sell. Obama picked Biden for his experience...that which he doesnt have himself, and for his ability to connect with blue collar workers. Biden doesnt offer half of what a Obama/Hillary ticket does. The only problem with that would be Clinton would overshadow Obama in nearly all areas. Regardless, she wants her own ticket, not ride the tails of Obama.

Hillary voters who vote for Obama really will just reward the guy who dissed them most and you'll probably see alot others going to Mccain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska

being governor of this state is executive experience ??
    there's more people living in Jackson Heights

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska

being governor of this state is executive experience ??
    there's more people living in Jackson Heights
    THat can of worms... Obama supporters really should NOT be opening up. Voters vote mostly on the POTUS anyways not VP... all this VP stuff will be moot in a few weeks, and the Presidency will be chosen by the credentials and policies of the candidates for the highest office.