Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ottorocket
    Palin has the executive experience both Biden and Obama lack, she connnects with the middle American family via the unions and demographics of her family, she's a true reformer, she is an articulate and charismatic personality that rounds out Mccains experienced maverick persona.
    You got all that in one day?

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Palin has the executive experience both Biden and Obama lack, she connnects with the middle American family via the unions and demographics of her family, she's a true reformer, she is an articulate and charismatic personality that rounds out Mccains experienced maverick persona.
    RIF.

http://www.linden-school.org/images/...blue_large.gif

Junior Poster

I think she's hot and this is a historic occasion, never has such an attractive woman been nominated for VP

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    This is no historic event.
    Yea, actually it is. You may not like it, but it is historic. Historic does not always mean the first.
    Ok I will rephrase that- it's historic for the Republican party.
    Like that better?

I was a kid in 1984 and remember the Mondale/Ferraro bid very well.

It's not that I don't like it- I am glad women have been represented so well in the elections this year. That has nothing to do with it. Just as I don't pick my friends based on sex or race, I don't vote for people becuase they are black, green, male, female-I vote what I see a candidate believes in.

AS I SAID, I voted for Mrs. Clinton, this doesn't change MY vote.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    RIF.

http://www.linden-school.org/images/...blue_large.gif

I Got You.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

This is a net-win for Mccain and a very big cut into Obama's inroads for the independents and Hillary womens voters no matter which way you spin it. Palin has the executive experience both Biden and Obama lack, she connnects with the middle American family via the unions and demographics of her family, she's a true reformer, she is an articulate and charismatic personality that rounds out Mccains experienced maverick persona. The VP spot is not about overshadowing the POTUS, as Biden does just on resume comparisons and brash persona...but the VP is basically chosen not to hurt the POTUS as those become apparant. Palin basically accomplishes that, but makes the inroads into the key weakness' Mccain needed to address without coming off as "washington". Obama's team seems to do the opposite. The debates will come and those who have already said Biden will trash Palin need to realize how being overly demeaning or aggressive to her gubernatorial or gender roles will play very negatively with the women accross the country.
    Are you a Republican?

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    This is a net-win for Mccain and a very big cut into Obama's inroads for the independents and Hillary womens voters no matter which way you spin it. Palin has the executive experience both Biden and Obama lack, she connnects with the middle American family via the unions and demographics of her family, she's a true reformer, she is an articulate and charismatic personality that rounds out Mccains experienced maverick persona. The VP spot is not about overshadowing the POTUS, as Biden does just on resume comparisons and brash persona...but the VP is basically chosen not to hurt the POTUS as those become apparant. Palin basically accomplishes that, but makes the inroads into the key weakness' Mccain needed to address without coming off as "washington". Obama's team seems to do the opposite. The debates will come and those who have already said Biden will trash Palin need to realize how being overly demeaning or aggressive to her gubernatorial or gender roles will play very negatively with the women accross the country.
    Are you a Republican?
    Registered independent. I'm not voting for either Obama or Mccain at this point.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Another good reason not to vote for McCain: if the old fart croaks in office our country will be in the hands of a person who served as a governor for only two years and prior to that she was the mayor of a 9000 person town.

I predict so many republicans will be up in arms over this choice, Sarah will be forced to decline the dubious honor being John Sydney McCain III's running mate.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

why didn't obama pick hillary clinton i mean wtf she had the numbers,experience and she was a woman?

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    Another good reason not to vote for McCain: if the old fart croaks in office our country will be in the hands of a person who served as a governor for only two years and prior to that she was the mayor of a 9000 person town.

I predict so many republicans will be up in arms over this choice, Sarah will be forced to decline the dubious honor being John Sydney McCain III's running mate.

She IS a governor. Which gives her more executive experience than Obama or Biden on its face. Legislative experience is not the same as managerial experience as you know. This is one of the Obama campaigns major blunders to expound on that point about her mayoralship by completely disregarding her experience as a woman governor, glass ceilings, and opening a huge hole for disaffected Hillary voters to move towards Mccain. The whole quote actually is a slight on small town middle American voters as well....tsk tsk. The age issue basically is a non-starter with Biden on the Obama ticket, that has shown to have no legs in polling. I hope Obama campaign gets their attack plan down better because they are handing freebies over to Mccain