Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Default In case you are wondering who I am voting for...

I've been watching some of the speeches of the Dermocratic Convention after the fact on You Tube. Thus far, in my opinion, Senator Clinton has given the best speech.

I originally suported Mrs. Clinton in her bid, but I most definately voting for Obama.

As a Democrat who believes this country DESPERATELY NEEDS a change, I could not simply not just vote and I would NEVER vote for John McCain.

To borrow Mrs. Clinton's phrase:

"No WAY, No HOW, NO MCCAIN!"

It is a privelage to vote and to live in a free country. A privelage that so many people in the world do not have. Coming from a communist country, where people live in repression and with no vote-I FEEL SO LUCKY TO LIVE IN AMERICA.This is the country that has allowed me to live the way I want, to make my dreams come true. It is my duty as an American, and as a free citezen to VOTE -and to not take that privelage for granted. It is EVERYONE'S DUTY as a free American citezen to vote. Please do not take that freedom for granted. REGISTER TO VOTE!!!!!!

If you are not registered PLEASE DO:

www.RockTheVote.com

And don't forget, VOTE OBAMA!

xoxo

Allanah Starr

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Good for you, Allanah. I'm happy to be on your side, America's side.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

So Allanah,
    It's always good to see people taking these things seriously. May I inquire which communist country you're referring to? Just curious. I'm always interested to see a different perspective than my own experience.

I can agree with
    I'm happy to be on your side
    but then again, I'd be happy to be on the inside, outside, front, back, top, or bottom too.

(Sorry, I just can't pass up a good straight line)

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Rookie Poster

Amen. I was first able to vote in 2004 and I will never pass up an election.

I feel like I'm failing my country if I do.

Go Obama!

There was a time when your mind wasn't out of control, every memory and confession pouring out of your soul, like a pill you couldn't swallow so it swallowed you whole, another lie hard to follow 'till it followed you home.

Junior Poster

Allanah, try to keep this in mind. While I align with the GOP on most fiscal and foreign policy issues I am not even close on the social issues. While I most likely will vote GOP I do not consider myself a hypocrite. I do not condone in any way shape or form discrimination against anyone based on race, religion, sexual preference etc. People choices are simply that and need to be respected as such. Granted the moral right takes a holier than thou approach but most are exposed as the hypocrites they are when they make the news doing something they so vehemently oppose. Please remember that supporting the GOP does not necessarily mean that you agree with everything they say or do. The same goes for the Democrats, while I like most of their social stances I can not stand their economic and foreign policy choices. It is a matter of preference for me and I would hope that my choices would be respected just as I would respect yours. I don't view myself as a hypocrite but rather a human being who respects and appreciates that individuals have the right to be who they are without being judged by others.

Having said that, my vote goes for McCain. Can't stand the thought that Noboma will put in a 60% federal tax bracket. The fact that he thinks he knows how to spend my money better than I do is an insult. Discrimination issues will not get any better with Noboma in charge. He says one thing and will do another. Allanah before you cast that vote do yourself a favor and check his voting record in the Senate. You will see he voted to raise taxes on people who only made 42K in annual income. There was a big reason that Hillary and he did not agree. All McCain has to do is use her words against Noboma, she said it after all. Hillary Clinton is just as aware of Barack Nobomas inability to be effective as is McCain. The fact that she now endorses Noboma after running against him so decidedly does not reflect favorably on her.

let the good times roll..

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Obama will CUT TAXES for 95% of working families.

No body is saying they know how to spend your money better than you. I just expect people who get the most advantage from the legal, monetary and other infrastructures provided by the government should pay for their share of it. Hard working baby boomers paid into social security for decades only to have George Bush give it away to the wealthiest 1% of Americans in tax breaks. That's what George promised he would do eight years ago and that's what he did. It time the wealthy pay it back along with the interest.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

One, I don't think it reflects unfavorably on Hillary. She ran for her parties nomination and ran hard for it. Now there are only effectively two ways to vote for the big race, and she has endorsed the person closer to her hope for the future. Obama himself maybe not, but we don't really vote for a person, we vote for an organization. Look behind McCain to see who will really be running most things if he wins.

Add to that is the mandate issue. You have to actively support not so much because you think that person is the absolute best possible, but because momentum means a lot in American politics. You have to actively be pushing on the pendulum of public opinion at all times because the opposition is too.

Two, I have to agree with Trish here. All but the most cynical analysis of Obamas tax plans have him cutting taxes for most folks and shifting the burden of protecting this country to the people who have the most to protect, the upper 10% or so... depending on which review your looking at. To claim that he is raising taxes generally is flatly false.

Sean

Just one more nice guy finishing last...