Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Default Just saw Americas Next Top Model New Episodes, TS Isis INFO!

A friend of mine in the entertainment business invited me over his house to see the first two of the yet to be premiered episodes of America's Next Top Model featuring the first ts contestant in the history of the show, Isis.

First of all, I AM SO, SO EXTREMELY HAPPY FOR THIS GIRL. She made the cut out of thousands of girls to the top 12. She is the ONLY girl in the group that knows anything about modeling, posing and all the judges are quite impressed with her. In fact, her ts status was kept secret to two of the judges until the first elimination. She was just ON and had an awesome picture!

Now as far as the reaction of the other girls, when they find out what is up-some are very cool, some of couse very ignorant, and some make some very degrading remarks. HOWEVER, I am pleased to say that the most hateful and jealous, unhappy girl is the FIRST to go. The general mood of the other contestants from what I saw so far, is generally accepting. Some girls try to sabotage her shoot, but she comes out with one of the best pictures.

I can't tell you what an overwhelming experience watching this show was to me. I was in the verge of tears both times she survived eliminations.
    The sheer joy in her face and her own tears were so very touching to me.

Maybe someone who is not transsexual will not understand that-but if you just try to understand the prejudice, lack of oppurtunities, and rejection that most transsexual people face EVERY DAY-to see an OUT transsexual woman being judged as an equal, and by her own merit, not just because she is a transsexual is an amazing thing.

I have to give Tyra Banks soooooooo much credit for taking this risk, for challeging minds, for making trans people visible in a positive light-for her sheer will to break down barriers. This is a monumental, ground breaking thing.

Cynics and critics may say otherwise but Miss Banks deservers a huge amount of credit for taking this chance as well as Isis who so confident, sure, and secure to be herslef and at the same time hold her own with the other contestants.

BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

This is an amazing thing- I hope you will tune in to watch and support Isis.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Gold Poster

Come on allanah you cannot be that naive ,that girl being on that show is a stunt for ratings and nothing more. You actually think she got on that show on her own account they probably put her on there specifically because she was transgender so please lets not make it seem like she really beat out thousands of other girls legitimally.Tyra is an excellent businesswomen.

Veteran Poster

i have been trying to find out if Isis and the ts contestant on diddy's show are pre-op or post-op does anyone know? i'm not sure why it's not discussed unless it's considered rude. i'm assuming that even in the ts community that you girls have wondered if other girls are pre or post so do you just not ask other girls if they are post-op?

and that's why the cubs will never win the series

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Come on allanah you cannot be that naive ,that girl being on that show is a stunt for ratings and nothing more. You actually think she got on that show on her own account they probably put her on there specifically because she was transgender so please lets not make it seem like she really beat out thousands of other girls legitimally.Tyra is an excellent businesswomen.
    I've already responded to what you said-

"Cynics and critics may say otherwise but Miss Banks deservers a huge amount of credit for taking this chance as well as Isis who so confident, sure, and secure to be herslef and at the same time hold her own with the other contestants. "

She makes the final cut, and the first round cut because she did well.
    Strategic, business, whatever you may call it-it is still monumental,historic for trans people, and important. It's a tv show, so yes people are cast for a reason.

Sorry you are to cynical to be happy for her or the positive image of a transsexual in a mass media outlet.

Tyra Banks is an amazing business woman and I respect her very much for that. You can still be in business and pomote change, diversity, and challange the status quo.

Nothing wrong with that.

www.TransexualStarr.com

Quote Originally Posted by blacktgirls
    i have been trying to find out if Isis and the ts contestant on diddy's show are pre-op or post-op does anyone know? i'm not sure why it's not discussed unless it's considered rude. i'm assuming that even in the ts community that you girls have wondered if other girls are pre or post so do you just not ask other girls if they are post-op?
    Isis admits on the show that she is pre-op.

www.TransexualStarr.com

Veteran Poster

Publicity stunt or not, at least a sizeable portion of America will be sitting down to watch a transwoman in a non-exploitative (Springer/Povich) setting, which is a step forward.
    Hope she does well.

Silver Poster

I think you have a point. I mean, this is a reality show, and isn't that what a reality show is really for anyway......SHOCKVALUE.

But hey, Small steps forward........gotta start somewhere.

*shrug*

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC

"Cynics and critics may say otherwise but Miss Banks deservers a huge amount of credit for taking this chance as well as Isis who so confident, sure, and secure to be herslef and at the same time hold her own with the other contestants. "

Strategic, business, whatever you may call it-it is still monumental,historic for trans people, and important.

Sorry you are to cynical to be happy for her or the positive image of a transsexual in a mass media outlet.

That really wasn't directed toward me because i now the truth.Are you as a transgender women happy with that fact that she made it on that show and got that far simple because she is transgender and not that she is a good model.I'm not cynical i just know what her being on that show amounts too.Now when a transgender women really does something in televison or the movies on her own account thats when i will totally mark out.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC

Strategic, business, whatever you may call it-it is still monumental,historic for trans people, and important.

That really wasn't directed toward me because i now the truth.Are you as a transgender women happy with that fact that she made it on that show and got that far simple because she is transgender and not that she is a good model.I'm not cynical i just know what her being on that show amounts too.Now when a transgender women really does something in televison or the movies on her own account thats when i will totally mark out.
    FYI Candis Cayne was the first transsexual to have a recurring role
    on an American prime time TV show. I would say she did that on her own merit, as I know for a fact she auditioned and got the part.

Maybe when the powers that be write more ts roles, or allow ts women to play gg roles- like Mr. Pedro Almodovar. Then maybe things will change more.

Not so long ago, minorities mostly played servants, hookers, pimps, and druggies on tv and in films.

Things like this are just a stepping stone to more progress.
    No matter how cynical one remains.

Plus you have not even seen the show- I just saw the first two episodes and all ready you 'know the truth'. Why don't you watch is first then you can speak better on the subject.

www.TransexualStarr.com

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX

I think you have a point. I mean, this is a reality show, and isn't that what a reality show is really for anyway......SHOCKVALUE.

But hey, Small steps forward........gotta start somewhere.

*shrug*
    Yeah but those small steps have been taking before by transgenger people in reality tv and they are still stuck in that same box.I wanting for that girl to make that gigantic step and let people see that they are more then mere tokens.