Gold Poster

Default SG Atlantis Cancelled to be replace with SG Universe

God damn the sci fi channel and all there cancellations, the shows was getting good ratings too.I do not want to see some new series that seems to fall back from stargates roots.

The premise: Earth discovers how to use a 9th Chevron to connect to a gate, and it connects to an ancient ship older than Atlantis built to seed stargates. For some reason an entire crew gates to the thing before discovering there's no way home. It's on a preprogrammed course they can't alter, and after the ship moves on whoever isn't onboard is left behind and the rest of the crew has no way back (how many episodes are going to have hostile aliens hold them, building suspense as it gets close to the time the ship will move on I wander). It will focus on characters over building a mythology.

Rookie Poster

this is fucked up!!!

Rookie Poster

The Sci-Fi Channel is run by idiots.

Cancelled: Stargate
    Cancelled: Stargate Atlantis
    Cancelled: Dresden Files
    Still on: "pro" wrestling
    Still on: Some of the most godawful made-for-cable movies ever shot.

and, is it just me, or does this sound highly derivative of the (IMHO) worst of all the Star Treks, Voyager?

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ds5929
    The Sci-Fi Channel is run by idiots.

Cancelled: Stargate
    Cancelled: Stargate Atlantis
    Cancelled: Dresden Files
    Still on: "pro" wrestling
    Still on: Some of the most godawful made-for-cable movies ever shot.

and, is it just me, or does this sound highly derivative of the (IMHO) worst of all the Star Treks, Voyager?
    Your not the only one but damn how they keep a show like ecw on is still a mystery to me.They better not cancel scare tactics for some bs show.

SG-1 still had a season or two left in it before it was ready to be plucked, and if they could have gotten amanda tapping to stay on, i would say that SG Atlantis has another 4-5, but instead, they keep changing shit that is royally pissing fans off and they are losing their fanbase which they built up over the past 10 or more years. Sci Fi: go fuck yourself

"If you ain't Laughin, You ain't Livin" -Carlos Mencia

Junior Poster

Wrestling has a lot of diehards but with that being said it's still a shocker. But think of it like this, if you get 3 to 4 seasons you had a good run. SG-1 exceeded this mark greatly. I remember when I first heard about the show I thought it was going to corny but it was good nevertheless. But I feel they did everything they could do with SG-1. The Ark of Truth was just okay. Let em walk in dignity. But Atlantis, that sucks. But they are at least going to replace it with a new incarnation right? Here's hoping it's as good.