98 34.88%
  • Obama

163 58.01%
  • Other

20 7.12%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Heh Heh...

It wasn't THAT long ago that some Democrats wanted McCain to run on their side...

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...205.green.html

Obama-Biden might be able to win Illinois and Delaware. And that's a big might.

Silver Poster

Obama.

Simple reason,

John McCain is a RACIST

Rookie Poster

The fact that the United States is the ONLY developed nation that does not provide adequate healthcare for its people is an obscene tragedy. Even people with insurance are finding that it covers less and less.

Incidentally, as many of you know, transgendered people are completely excluded from healthcare coverage, in almost all cases.

Republican rule is impoverishing the middle class while enriching the drug companies, the insurance companies, and the defense industry.

Any one who votes for McCain is helping to perpetuate this absurd system of corporate welfare at the expense of people at the bottom. I will be voting for Obama, but I think Nader has the right agenda.

Corporate welfare at home and hugely expensively wars abroad (which enrich the defense industry) IS the Republican agenda. That is what you are voting for with McCain.

Janie in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere
    Obama, without a question since Bush's entire evil crew has latched on to McCain and will be promptly placed BACK into all of their various nominated positions if he's elected.

People KEEP ON FORGETTING that they don't want to leave!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Janie2261
    The fact that the United States is the ONLY developed nation that does not provide adequate healthcare for its people is an obscene tragedy. Even people with insurance are finding that it covers less and less.

Incidentally, as many of you know, transgendered people are completely excluded from healthcare coverage, in almost all cases.

Republican rule is impoverishing the middle class while enriching the drug companies, the insurance companies, and the defense industry.

Any one who votes for McCain is helping to perpetuate this absurd system of corporate welfare at the expense of people at the bottom. I will be voting for Obama, but I think Nader has the right agenda.

Corporate welfare at home and hugely expensively wars abroad (which enrich the defense industry) IS the Republican agenda. That is what you are voting for with McCain.
    I totally agree with the quoted statements. I recently read that Republicans have tied help for renewable energy sources to continued tax breaks for oil companies.

But the most important thing to me is to hold the Republican party accountable for attacking Iraq under false pretenses. The taking of life for anything other than self defense is MURDER! I hope that everyone realizes that it was done to control oil resources in the region. In addition human rights have been trampled upon. This includes illegal spying on American citizens, when the legal means to do so was readily available. Also holding anyone for years without charges and the authorized use of torture techniques has done more damage than good. And it is immoral. The image of the US has plummet a lot more that the weakening dollar. I think Miss USA was booed at a recent Miss World competition, as well as other US participants at world events. Things like that are just a sign of how US prestige has suffered under Republican rule.
    They should be held accountable for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    I don't get the big deal about McCain (actually Mrs McCain) owning 7 homes. I believe some are investment properties.

Why is this a problem?

Did you feel the same way about Kerry's wife being rich and owning a lot of stuff?

Do you know how Obama purchased his properties?
    The problem with McCains' homes is that the Republican machine positions the Democrats as elitist. They have already said that about Obama. They said it about Kerry, They started that with Bill Clinton around 1994, when they began to codify their attack strategies. Using this position then, they portray themselves as having the values and the best interests of common people, saying that they are like them. They are not. So their strategy is based on a lie and this housing issue exposes that.

But I will admit that the ‘elitist’ label strategy has been effective and is very important. McCain needs it to neutralize his poor college achievement vs Obama’s outstanding college achievements. Bush II needed it also, as he was a mediocre college student and John Kerry was a Medal of Honor. Kerry was ridiculed because he could speak French, where as in reality a president who could speak a foreign language could have been a diplomatic plus. So the ability to turn mediocrity into a political advantage has been a hallmark of Republican success.

Veteran Poster

I don't get the big deal about McCain (actually Mrs McCain) owning 7 homes. I believe some are investment properties.
    I think it sticks in people's craw because it was the unchecked lending by the banks over the past ten years that put a lot of people in the position we have now, which is many homeowners defaulting on their mortgages, and the oncoming global recession. The republican party is seen as being ineffective in 'policing' the bank's unscrupulous activities. The fact that the leader of the party owns multiple homes is, while a sensationalist point, a pretty ironic one.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGrande

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy"

Just say no, voting only encourages them.
    I disagree with the quote. The American people have not been voting consistently in their own self interests. If so, Al Gore would have won by a landslide. The budget was balanced and prosperity was at an all time high.

Professional Poster

Why is this a problem?

Did you feel the same way about Kerry's wife being rich and owning a lot of stuff?

Of course you don't get it, you're a neocon. The point is how can you govern a Country of working and middle class folks, when you and your wife have had everything handed to you on a silver platter. There are a lot of wealthy people who had to work for everything they have instead of inheriting it.

John and Cindy McCain are the true elitist. From there 7 homes to McCain's economic adviser "a nation of whiners". Only an elitist who doesn't have to worry about eveyday expenses would say something like that.

Professional Poster

Heh Heh...

It wasn't THAT long ago that some Democrats wanted McCain to run on their side...

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...205.green.html

Obama-Biden might be able to win Illinois and Delaware. And that's a big might.
    Wrong again. They were talking about him personally NOT his policies. He's no longer a maverick. Look at his voting record from 2000 to the present.

Out of touch with the troops coming home and working/middle class Americans.

Veteran Poster

Why is this a problem?

I don't think it's a problem tht he owns 7 homes. The problem is that he didn't know how many he owned. Add that to the fact that he has said numerous times our economy is better than it was 8 years ago and his inability to understand he economy for the average person (instead of cuttig tax for multimillionaires and billionaires). He just doesn't get what it's like for the average person.