98 34.88%
  • Obama

163 58.01%
  • Other

20 7.12%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tatsu1

Nicely written, however, i believe that there needs to be a balance. Look at the Carter administration: rife with disaster because one party ruled all. Would it be nice to have a black president? Shit Yeah! But, to me, he is simply TOO liberal. We'll see where i lay as the general election comes closer and closer. McCain is annoying me with his extremely partisan rhetoric, hypocritical for a man who recently threatened to leave his party. As I said, 61%of me leans toward McCain... I was 75% behind him until his attack adds. I'm learning more and more about Obama's Energy Policies and his willingness to make concession (namely his stance on off-shore drilling, which, while McCain supports it, Obama's has a clear vision which has demonstratable results). We'll agree to disagree at THIS juncture. At this point anyone is better than Bush.

Trish just told you everything you or anybody else needed to hear.

I'm honestly not convinced that you are a sellout as much as I'm convinced that you are a plumb fool.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX

Nicely written, however, i believe that there needs to be a balance. Look at the Carter administration: rife with disaster because one party ruled all. Would it be nice to have a black president? Shit Yeah! But, to me, he is simply TOO liberal. We'll see where i lay as the general election comes closer and closer. McCain is annoying me with his extremely partisan rhetoric, hypocritical for a man who recently threatened to leave his party. As I said, 61%of me leans toward McCain... I was 75% behind him until his attack adds. I'm learning more and more about Obama's Energy Policies and his willingness to make concession (namely his stance on off-shore drilling, which, while McCain supports it, Obama's has a clear vision which has demonstratable results). We'll agree to disagree at THIS juncture. At this point anyone is better than Bush.

I'm honestly not convinced that you are a sellout as much as I'm convinced that you are a plumb fool.
    I guess I'm a "plumb fool". My opinion is just as valid as yours or anyone else's. That is what gets me about liberal dems... Whenever your opinion differs from their own, you are labeled as "a plum fool". Basic name calling without stating facts. Nice.

Silver Poster

I guess I'm a "plumb fool". My opinion is just as valid as yours or anyone else's. That is what gets me about liberal dems... Whenever your opinion differs from their own, you are labeled as "a plum fool". Basic name calling without stating facts. Nice.

Look I'm on the sauce at the moment, and when I drink I tend to get real, really fast.

No facts needed here as far as I'm concerned because the obvious is stated right in front of you.

Are you rich guy? Are you yourself rich and powerful?
    Cause if you are, then so be it.......long live McCain..........for you, that is.

If not, you are part of what makes America idiodic.........period.

*goes to get some more real sauce*

Junior Poster

Look I'm on the sauce at the moment, and when I drink I tend to get real, really fast.

No facts needed here as far as I'm concerned because the obvious is stated right in front of you.

Cause if you are, then so be it.......long live McCain..........for you, that is.

What is the obvious? I basically see parroting on both sides in this thread. In life NO question is obvious. I've stated my "idiotic' reasons as to why I'm leaning towards McCain at this moment. If you believe Obama is the better candidate, by all means, vote for him. You've made your choice. Just don't call me "stupid" or an "idiot" for having an opinion not your own.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

You think a democratic house and senate will keep McCain in check? They weren’t able to keep Bush in check; and no matter how big a majority the dems get in House and Senate, McCain would pretty much have carte blanche in selecting jurists for the Supreme Court. Do you really want to see Roe vs Wade overturned? Do you agree with the recent rulings on Habeas? How about the deal they just gave Exxon in the Valdez case?

You say you’re not sure Obama’s a fighter, and then you say you don’t want him to win all the battle’s because he’s too liberal! Are you really a democrat? How can someone who pulls people together and compromises be too extreme in either direction?

I don't want to give anyone a hard time...each person is working toward their own opinion. In the end some will be shown to be valid, some will be shown to be invalid and some will remain untested.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

naughtyboy Rookie Poster

I'm glad to see the interest in politics on this forum. The problem is that over 30% of the population on this forum is voting for McCain. Imagine what it looks liike in a forum of christian right people.

When nature calls don't take a message

Silver Poster

What is the obvious? I basically see parroting on both sides in this thread. In life NO question is obvious. I've stated my "idiotic' reasons as to why I'm leaning towards McCain at this moment. If you believe Obama is the better candidate, by all means, vote for him. You've made your choice. Just don't call me "stupid" or an "idiot" for having an opinion not your own.

No opinion.

Fact as far as I'm concerned:

--You are a stupid American (assuming you are working class)

--More important, at least for me, as far as I'm concerned, you are a stupid black man.

You need to get some "real sauce" of your own it would seem.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    It’s going to take more than experience to get us out of hole the Bush administration dug us into. We’re bogged down in two wars, a metaphorical war on terrorism (which is really a war against the individual rights of Americans to privacy and due process), we’re trillions of dollars in dept to communist China, the social security surplus (that was built up because millions of baby boomers paid more in than their elders were withdrawing) was gifted to the 1% of the wealthiest Americans in the form of tax cuts. John McCain promises to stay the course on every one of these sour policies. He’s got experience. Lot’s of it. But has he learned from his experience. He hasn’t learned that Iraq doesn’t share a border with Pakistan. He hasn’t learned the distinction between Shiite and Sunni. Hell, he’s got so much experience he’s going senile: he doesn’t even know how many homes he and his wife have.

What I want in a president is not necessarily the person with the most experience. First, I want someone who shares a lot of common ground with my perspective on the issues. Issues first. Second, I want someone who knows how to get things done through negotiation and compromise. We don’t need another railroader like George Bush. As far as experience goes, I want someone with enough of a history in public life that I can judge from that experience where they stand on issues and how they deal with people.

When we examine McCain’s experience we find a wealthy man who divorced his wife while she was suffering from a life threatening illness. After deciding to go into Arizona politics he sought out and married the daughter of one of the wealthiest men in the State. They have hundreds of millions of dollars. Even so, McCain (one of the Keating Four) took bribes in the Keating savings and loan scandal.

Obama grew up, the son of a single mother. As a young man he learned the value of education and worked hard. He’s called an elitist because he went to Harvard Law School. Yet what mother or father wouldn’t be proud to have a son or daughter go to Harvard and become the president of the Harvard Law Review? Any Harvard Law graduate, president of the Review can write their ticket. They can get a high paying job in any firm in the country. Obama chose instead to become a community organizer in Chicago. He and his wife have only just recently been able to pay off their student loans. Because of his rise to the limelight, Obama did make a fortune off the book he wrote when he was twenty-three. He doesn’t have hundreds of millions of dollars like McCain, who is superrich, but he his book did make him a millionaire. He is what the wealthiest Americans snidely call merely affluent. As a member of the 101st congress he helped forge legislation on terrorism, election fraud and lobbying. He’s shown himself to be of liberal persuasion with an ability to change minds and create compromise positions. That’s what true bipartisanism is about.
    You've mentioned several times that Obama is too liberal. I got a feeling you were a Hilary supporter. Obama's vision for the country is no more liberal than Hilary's or Kerry and even Gore's. You'll need a better excuse than that.

Junior Poster

You think a democratic house and senate will keep McCain in check? They weren’t able to keep Bush in check; and no matter how big a majority the dems get in House and Senate, McCain would pretty much have carte blanche in selecting jurists for the Supreme Court. Do you really want to see Roe vs Wade overturned? Do you agree with the recent rulings on Habeas? How about the deal they just gave Exxon in the Valdez case?

You say you’re not sure Obama’s a fighter, and then you say you don’t want him to win all the battle’s because he’s too liberal! Are you really a democrat? How can someone who pulls people together and compromises be too extreme in either direction?

I don't want to give anyone a hard time...each person is working toward their own opinion. In the end some will be shown to be valid, some will be shown to be invalid and some will remain untested.
    I've already said that the dems basically let Bush run shit into the ground. It's always been a point of contention with me. In addition, I described myself as a VERY liberal repub. No I don't want Roe vs. Wade overturned (that shit CAN'T happen. It's nigh impossible, i do believe that those Prisoners in Cuba should have the rights you speak of and Exxon Valdez shit is a travesty. You are right. I didn't say i didn't want Obama to win because he's too liberal. I said he is too liberal for me. McCain is too conservative, however, he has a proven record of "pulling people together". Anyway, at this point, all opinions are wrong. Who knows what will happen as November roles around.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fitz207
    It’s going to take more than experience to get us out of hole the Bush administration dug us into. We’re bogged down in two wars, a metaphorical war on terrorism (which is really a war against the individual rights of Americans to privacy and due process), we’re trillions of dollars in dept to communist China, the social security surplus (that was built up because millions of baby boomers paid more in than their elders were withdrawing) was gifted to the 1% of the wealthiest Americans in the form of tax cuts. John McCain promises to stay the course on every one of these sour policies. He’s got experience. Lot’s of it. But has he learned from his experience. He hasn’t learned that Iraq doesn’t share a border with Pakistan. He hasn’t learned the distinction between Shiite and Sunni. Hell, he’s got so much experience he’s going senile: he doesn’t even know how many homes he and his wife have.

What I want in a president is not necessarily the person with the most experience. First, I want someone who shares a lot of common ground with my perspective on the issues. Issues first. Second, I want someone who knows how to get things done through negotiation and compromise. We don’t need another railroader like George Bush. As far as experience goes, I want someone with enough of a history in public life that I can judge from that experience where they stand on issues and how they deal with people.

When we examine McCain’s experience we find a wealthy man who divorced his wife while she was suffering from a life threatening illness. After deciding to go into Arizona politics he sought out and married the daughter of one of the wealthiest men in the State. They have hundreds of millions of dollars. Even so, McCain (one of the Keating Four) took bribes in the Keating savings and loan scandal.

Obama grew up, the son of a single mother. As a young man he learned the value of education and worked hard. He’s called an elitist because he went to Harvard Law School. Yet what mother or father wouldn’t be proud to have a son or daughter go to Harvard and become the president of the Harvard Law Review? Any Harvard Law graduate, president of the Review can write their ticket. They can get a high paying job in any firm in the country. Obama chose instead to become a community organizer in Chicago. He and his wife have only just recently been able to pay off their student loans. Because of his rise to the limelight, Obama did make a fortune off the book he wrote when he was twenty-three. He doesn’t have hundreds of millions of dollars like McCain, who is superrich, but he his book did make him a millionaire. He is what the wealthiest Americans snidely call merely affluent. As a member of the 101st congress he helped forge legislation on terrorism, election fraud and lobbying. He’s shown himself to be of liberal persuasion with an ability to change minds and create compromise positions. That’s what true bipartisanism is about.
    You've mentioned several times that Obama is too liberal. I got a feeling you were a Hilary supporter. Obama's vision for the country is no more liberal than Hilary's or Kerry and even Gore's. You'll need a better excuse than that.
    I voted for NADER in 2000's general. Actually, according to the general consensus of this board, namely that armani dude, i'm a stupid black man. Fitz, let's just say i think he is too liberal fiscally. i've looked at his record. McCain's ads are QUITE annoying however, and racist. As I said... we'll see where my opinions lie.