• Obama

163 58.01%
  • Other

20 7.12%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGrande

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy"

Just say no, voting only encourages them.
    I disagree with the quote. The American people have not been voting consistently in their own self interests. If so, Al Gore would have won by a landslide. The budget was balanced and prosperity was at an all time high.
    I disagree with your disagreement. The quote is about the long term affects of democracy. The Federal budget in 2008 is almost 3 TRILLION dollars. In 1990 it was 1 trillion, in 1976 it was 300 billion. Go and look at what the national debt is at and were it was a few decades ago.
    That is the point, and it both Republicans and Democrats. Republicans are for big government and Democrats are for bigger government.

Professional Poster

Well i won't be voting for a Marxist so that leaves me with Mccain and I'm not voting for him either...so where's my 3rd party?

Quote Originally Posted by salvador
    Quote Originally Posted by fitz207
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    I don't get the big deal about McCain (actually Mrs McCain) owning 7 homes. I believe some are investment properties.

Why is this a problem?

Did you feel the same way about Kerry's wife being rich and owning a lot of stuff?

Do you know how Obama purchased his properties?
    Of course you don't get it, you're a neocon. The point is how can you govern a Country of working and middle class folks, when you and your wife have had everything handed to you on a silver platter. There are a lot of wealthy people who had to work for everything they have instead of inheriting it.

John and Cindy McCain are the true elitist. From there 7 homes to McCain's economic adviser "a nation of whiners". Only an elitist who doesn't have to worry about eveyday expenses would say something like that.

Here's another one I bet you didn't think of fitz207.

Obama Goofed lol lol

I think Barack Obama overlooked something that could infect this whole thing without him or anyone else even knowing it.

Is it just me or could the campaign signs become a subliminal visual innuendo problem when they read . . . .

" * Obama Biden for president * "

Does that not look like it could have subliminal parallel power that looks way too close to the name,

" * Osama Bin laden * " ?

I know he didn't mean it but what an oversight.
    Yeah.. I know the superstituous flat-earth society religious extremist anagramists/numerologists are going to have a field day with this!

O("S" in place of)B AMA BI (stick in a "n la") DEN

It's bad enough when Obama's "57" state gaffe (either an error, or what looks like a dry joke to me - actually I think he mis-spoke and then quickly tried to make it into a joke that fell flat) has right-wingers saying that he must've meant "the 57 states of Islam".

As far as I'm concerned, if racist voters, lies about him being an elitist and religious superstitious keeps Obama from winning, then this country is officially finished. If on the other hand, McCain wins on his good qualities alone, then I guess it's up for debate.

-Tara

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGrande
    Quote Originally Posted by Janie2261
    The fact that the United States is the ONLY developed nation that does not provide adequate healthcare for its people is an obscene tragedy. Even people with insurance are finding that it covers less and less.

Incidentally, as many of you know, transgendered people are completely excluded from healthcare coverage, in almost all cases.

Republican rule is impoverishing the middle class while enriching the drug companies, the insurance companies, and the defense industry.

Any one who votes for McCain is helping to perpetuate this absurd system of corporate welfare at the expense of people at the bottom. I will be voting for Obama, but I think Nader has the right agenda.

Corporate welfare at home and hugely expensively wars abroad (which enrich the defense industry) IS the Republican agenda. That is what you are voting for with McCain.
    And you really think Democrats are against corporate welfare? LOL

Democrats have started most wars the US has been in. Most voted for the current war we are in. Democrats control the Congress (house and senate) and what did we get from them? $150 billion in additional war spending in 2008 and $50 billion in 2009, on top of the pentagons already ridiculous budgets.

Democrats are not against war, they are against wars that don't do well in public opinion polls. Equally as bad they are all for using the military for "nation building". Obama, back when he was advocating a rapid pull out from Iraq, said that he would send troops back into Iraq if al-Qaeda gained a foothold there. Obama said that he would send US troops into Pakistan even without the Pakistani governments approval, he said that Iran cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons, under no circumstances, how you can say he is opposed to military action against Iran? Obama is all for the war in Afganistan as well.

Republicans controlled the congress for 12 years before the last congressional election and we got more corporate welfare, corruption, greed, wars we can't handle, etc. Than ever. You need to check our facts before opening mouth and inserting foot.

When the democrats tried to hold hearings to investigate public issues they were stuck in the basement. Don't believe me, google it and do some research. Both parties are fucked but there is nothing in the history of this country that can touch the stupidity, hatred and utter incompetence of the current republican party.

The issue they should be strong on (national security) they have become a joke on as well by getting us into Iraq. On top of this stupidity these idiots run around yapping about support the troops but continue to vote against anything that gives proper medical benefits, mental care, job training, college tuition assistance, etc. As a Naval Academy alum and veteran I am disgusted by this. Supporting the troops doesn't mean running around with a bumper sticker on your car or calling someone non-patriotic because they don't support your bad idea for a war.

one other reason I'm for Obama.

I feel there's a sleeping giant that we need to be very worried about.

It's a continent called Africa , and it's been getting the short end of the stick since- well -at least since Cleopatra surrendered to the Romans in 30BC.

Anyway- people love to hype threats up, and I have this sinking feeling that the worse things get in Africa (or the more they're ignored by the west), the more likely we're going to have portential terrorists threats from extremeist groups in those places.

Electing the whitest white guy we've ever had isn't really going to help our image, when we do have the chance to at least elect someone who represents a more multicultural world. And I'm not saying people should vote for Obama based on just that. He's also intelligent, has good judgement, inspiring, and will make great cabinet choices. And I think electing Obama will have an amazing effect against the ability of extremeist Muslim organizations to be able to point to the enemy and say "look how different they are!".

Now if McCain wins, and he goes back to being the maverick we all sorta liked from 2000, and makes moderate cabinet choices perhaps we'll be okay.. But this just in.. Margaret Thatcher, who is only like 10 years older- is suffering from dementia. I don't know if I want to risk that with McCain- now matter how good he says his health is.. I guess it's all going to depend on who he picks as his running mate.. If he goes with someone like Huckabee, who believes the world is 5000 years old, we're all doomed, doomed!!

And yeah, Bush had less job experience before becoming president than Obama did.

-Tara

Veteran Poster

It should be an amazing presidential race to watch regardless of the outcome. We get one of two first in American history: the first black president or the first president collecting social security at the start of his first term (he turns 72 Friday, August 29th).

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

I voted Obama in the poll, but if McCain picks Mary Matalin as his VP, I'd reconsider that choice. McCain is most likely going to drop dead and a Matalin presidency with James Carville as First Man would be interesting, so long as they picked Nader as the new VP.

Junior Poster

Can it be that long ago?...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4542473

I wonder if Jeb Bush would accept the VP slot from McCain? That would be worth it just to for the entertainment value alone.

Junior Poster

Or maybe McCain and Hillary will just do the dirty deed. She doesn't appear to be that enamored with B.H. Obama.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mccain_likes_the_hill_455.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	195939  

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    Or maybe McCain and Hillary will just do the dirty deed. She doesn't appear to be that enamored with B.H. Obama.
    I think my jaw would drop on the floor if McCain chose Hillary to be his veep. That second picture though.. Baw chicka bamp baw!...

-Tara