Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

I'm not very bright or your not very good at articulating your thoughts?

When you use the word "whereas" meaning "on the contrary"..means "opposite"; "not the same".

I see no difference between gay men liking Cher or Madonna and real transexuals liking them except, one is gay and the other a transexual. The bottom line was both (gay and transexual) liked/shares an affinity (Idolizes) Cher and Madonna. We are not discussing sexuality or sexual preference here but why gay and trans people idolizes them.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    I'm not very bright or your not very good at articulating your thoughts?

When you use the word "whereas" meaning on the contrary..means 'opposite". Not the same.

I see no difference between gay men liking Cher or Madonna and real transexuals liking them except one is gay and the other a transexual. The bottom line was both liked (Idolizes) Cher and Madonna.

~Kisses.

HTG
    Your spelling and grammar are as impeccable as your femininity, and you have wits to match.
    You go, girl!

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Default Re: Can someone please explain to me why

Quote Originally Posted by vietboy
    It is effeminate gay men who typically idolise Cher and Madonna. In fact, a real transsexual is as likely to idolise them as any other woman....
    I get what you're trying to say here, but it is the part I put in bold I have to comment on.

I think the huge elephant in the room, so to speak, is that a good chunk of the text-book GID people in the world have HAD to go into lgb culture for self preservation purposes.

Until recently it was so rare for trans people to transition (fully) early in life that complete passing & stealth was a very uncommon occurrence. A lot of the gender clinics in the 50s-early 80s wouldn't touch you with a 10 ft pole if you are under 30/35. Today, in some countries, it isn't had to find fully transitioned tgirls who haven't hit puberty yet. You'd have NEVER seen that with regularity 20, let alone 40 years ago.

So the generation that transitioned in decades past were less likely to pass, and less likely to transition early in life (also remember FFS hasn't been around nearly as long as SRS).... and since society was even less tolerant then- how were they to function in society (employment, friendships, dating, etc)? They did it by going into the gay culture of the time.

Gay culture has likewise remained to be a safe(r) place for runaways who get kicked out by their families when trying to transition young, and other similar horror stories.

And I think that is why there are so many elements of gay culture that have "crossed over" into the trans community, and why some "real" transsexuals idolize the same individuals.

However, those who transition young are LESS LIKELY to see a need to be interested in gay culture (especially if they transition in a tolerant environment), aren't going to be as likely to share the same idols, and are going to be more inclined to view things like the scope of this thread as "a left over from modern history." It is well known that trans people who transistion in a tolerant environment at an early age (like prepuberty) are as likely to be gay as anyone else in the nontrans general public.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

First you say:

It is effeminate gay men who typically idolise Cher and Madonna.
    In fact, a real transsexual is as likely to idolise them (Cher and Madonna) as any other woman.

Your statements are contradicting one another.

~Kisses.

HTG
    His statement is not contradicting the other.

He says that effeminate gay men typically idolize Cher and Madonna. He does not say effeminate gay men are the only ones to do so however.

He then says "real transsexuals are as likely to idolize cher and madonna as the general nontrans female population" (I am paraphrasing).

So what that means is, effeminate gay men are likely to idolize these individuals, but real transsexuals (whatever that is) are no more or less likely to do so than normal every day people in the general population.

I am sure there are nontrans female people in the general population who idolize these two artists. However, I agree with him in so far as I doubt this makes a significant portion of the general public whereas it -appears- that there is a high concentration of cher & madonna idolization within the population of gay effeminate men.

Make more sense now?

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Junior Poster

I like some Madonna songs, but I was never a fan of Madonna the person. I always thought she was a bit vulgar and into herself for my liking. Britney Spears is a pathetic joke as far as I'm concerned.

Cher seems pretty cool. She's lasted for decades, puts on great shows, sings well and is, I think, a strikingly beautiful woman. Again, I like a lot of her songs, but I'm not a fanatic.

Default Re: Can someone please explain to me why

Nm

w/e..

~Kisses.

HTG

trannies idolise Cher, Britney and Madonna?
    It's a gay thing. They also like Bette Midler and have a shelf in their kitchens devoted to cookbooks specializing in quiche and decorative fruit displays.

It is generally believed that we (The fans, admirers, aficionados, followers, boyfriends, clients, chasers, stalkers) of "The T" are inherently gay because we suck T and like it up the ass three times on weekends, so they cater to what is perceived to be 'our' tastes to make themselves more attractive.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Professional Poster

Be ready to be called a fag!
    you are aware hes british arent you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomfurbs
    Which means VH1 knows sweet fuck-all about rock and roll.
    bugger all

Quote Originally Posted by Tomfurbs
    when they aren't even part of the fucking community!
    bloody
    you should use this forum a little less i think it has a negative effect on your europeaness

-She is the master of re-invention. People never grew tired of her because she always has different look/styles to offer them.

-She is ranked by the Recording Industry Association of America as the best-selling female rock artist of the twentieth century and the second top-selling female artist in the United States with 63 million certified albums.

-Guinness World Records list her as the world's most successful female recording artist of all time and the top-earning female singer in the world with an estimated net worth of over US$400 million, having sold over 200 million records worldwide.

-Her Confessions Tour (which I've attended btw @300 a pop) is the highest grossing concert tour by a female artist.

-In the United Kingdom, she is the most successful female in the singles chart history and has more number one singles than any other female solo artist.

-In 2008, she surpassed Elvis Presley as the artist with most top ten hits in the history of Billboard Hot 100.

-In 2007, Madonna was listed by VH1 as eighth in the Greatest Women of Rock & Roll.

-On March 10, 2008, she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

-Madonna donated $21 million towards a new Kabbalah school for children.

-She has been around in the industry for approximately two decades.
    how does any of these relate to being transsexual?

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Platinum Poster

i dont like any of em.
    growing up- i've loved

TLC
    Kim & Foxy
    Mary J & Faith Evans

theyre still my favorites even tho none of them are doing anything right now.

Platinum Poster

my mom still really likes madonna and cher

she never cared for britney no matter how much i did