Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Barack Oboma or Noboma which do you choose?

After reviewing the new Oboma tax proposal plan I am left with the feeling that it no longer makes sense for myself to work. Granted I am fortunate in that my working passion provides a very comfortable living. However, under the new tax proposals outlined by Oboma my federal tax rate would be somewhere near 60%. That is federal tax only. With state and social security I would be taking home roughly 25% of my gross income. Are others on this board feeling the same? If so let me hear your thoughts.

At this point in time my vote is Noboma.

let the good times roll..

Junior Poster

wow, i guess the mods are into paying a lot of taxes

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

25% of what, strokie?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Obama= the Neo-Tyranny, with a fresh face. He is Pathological, over-joyed in immense power and worldly fame and could care less about what the Constitution, so clearly states. He would be better off applying to clown school than for the President of the USA. Oh yeah, McCain's no better.

NOBOMBA.

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Junior Poster

All, I am pretty much in agreement that the last 8 years could have gone a little smoother. As for Mc Cain I am not really a fan either. I guess for me is comes down to the lesser of two evils. Maybe a vote for Johnny Walker Black Label is in order.

Trish, as for the 25% I don't really like to share my personal finances. But having said that I could still do pretty much anything I wanted to do at anytime...

Let's keep the thoughts coming.. this is interesting stuff at least for me..

But having said that I could still do pretty much anything I wanted to do at anytime...
    Good for you. Glad you're set. That's all that counts after all.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

The value of the dollar is depleting at a significant rate. This is not good for anybody financially in this country unless you have invested in other commodities. Because of this, our savings are being stolen from us in large part due to federal reserve (nothing federal about it) induced inflation and a FIAT monetary system gone awry. Even all those Wall St. yuppies who think they are doing great right now ought to be concerned when the final plunge ensues and their millions become worthless, the banks cave in and people are standing in bread lines half a mile long. Think it can't happen again? Look at the latest financial trends and inflation rates. Demand that the government start printing their own money again! Save your commodities and abolish private banking cartels.

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Platinum Poster

It's about time that the BushInc. crowd lost their undeserved tax cuts and started paying their fair share. Go whine to Rush. I'm sure he feels your pain.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

With all due respect chefmike I have been paying my fair share for years. the gov't takes 40% of mine up front and I still have to kick in well over $100K in april.. what do i get for that? security knowing that some lazy ass has food on their plate because I work like a dog... now barack says even that is not enough.. i don't think so.. he thinks he knows how to spend my money better that I do. I got news for Noboma... get your money from the people on govt subsidy that sit around all day on their dead asses and wait for the checks to roll in

taxes should be a flat rate for all.. that is equality and change... the only thing Noboma knows about change is that after all he takes from me he still wants the change left in my pocket...

what do i get for that?
    You get government mints and a monetary system without which business would be very difficult to conduct. You get a court system that guarantees the contracts you make with other businesses are binding. You get a federal transportation system without which it would be difficult for most businesses to make a dime. You get a food and drug administration that makes sure the food you eat isn’t loaded with carcinogens and the pharmaceuticals you buy are safe and effective. You get a military that’s second to none. You get an energy commission that regulates power and nuclear wastes. Etc.

For you local dollar you get judges, police, a fire department, a zoning commission, schools, parks etc.

First let’s just look at police and fire. If your house is robbed or if your house burned down, you’d lose (given what you tell us) considerably more than the average citizen. If your home is worth more than just the average home times the ratio of your income to the average income, then you should pay more than the average Joe in taxes. You get more protection, you pay more for it.

Next, businesses and corporations depend on and use, more than anyone else, the monetary system, the judicial system and the federal highway system to name just three. That's all right. One of the purposes of government is to encourage and maintain a healthy economy. Corporate lobbies are constantly vigilent that government lives up to that responsibility. But the taxes corporations pay should reflect both their use of those public services and the benefits they gain from those uses. There are no "self made men". Without government no one would make a dime.