Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Default The Family of Angie Zapata Talks to Fox News

I'm not sure how many of you have heard about this yet but Angie Zapata was a young transgender woman who was murdered last week in Colorado. It's very sad that these violent acts continue to take place within our community. My prayers go out to her family and friends. I only hope this will cause legislation to wake up and realize we need more laws to protect our community and the transgender women and men who are part of it. The link to the video of her family talking about Angie Zapata is below.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1703403263

Gold Poster

I know i might come off as being cruel but her being transgender, she should have known that there would be a strong possiblity that something like that might happen.That guy is scum in opinion and should be given the max for his brutal and disgusting crime but most likely he will used the "gay panick defense" and get away with it.My condolences to her family and freinds.

This is another prime example of what's happening in our community right now. Read this article.

http://www.gazette.net/stories/07300...10_32357.shtml

When you're young and transgender you are fearful of anyone finding out that you're a transsexual. She wasn't old enough to even know the ins and outs of the transsexual world yet. Unlike so many of us, who have lived this life for so many years, she probaly didn't even know how to process many things that were happening to her. But I do agree, this scumbag should pay the ultimate penalty for what he's done so that others may think twice before they ever do something violent.

Rookie Poster

Pfff very very sad like always... but i come from Europe (Belgium) and will someone explain to me what that's shit of "gay panick defense" sorry in my country its called murder and the person who did this must been punished severly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that is fucked up. Thanks for the link.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by meghanchavalier
    When you're young and transgender you are fearful of anyone finding out that you're a transsexual. She wasn't old enough to even know the ins and outs of the transsexual world yet. Unlike so many of us, who have lived this life for so many years, she probaly didn't even know how to process many things that were happening to her. But I do agree, this scumbag should pay the ultimate penalty for what he's done so that others may think twice before they ever do something violent.
    Well that explains, i can imagine that she wasn't connected to anything in the transgender community or knew any other girls.I apologize if my post came off mean spirited.Its really sad that these type of deaths keep adding up in the transgender community and nobody does a damn thing about it.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I touched on this on the Gwen Araujo murder previously and I'm sure I'm going to take some flack for saying it again, so I'll try and make my position totally clear.

1. Their is no justification for this sort of violence or behavior whatsoever and the individuals should be tried for murder.

2. Girls who participate in this sort of lifestyle, namely, giving guys oral or leading them on pretending to be a gender girl and NOT telling the guy before emotional and especially physical activities start, are putting themselves in danger. This is NOT an excuse for violence and not even an asserting the blame but a simple fact. Everybody knows there are men out there who will react badly when they find out after the fact - regardless of whether they even suspected before - after they've came, everything is different. Girls who feel the need to do this, are doing it partly out of the need to "pass" and partly for the danger/naughty/bad/fooling somebody element.

They are putting themselves in harms way. They are taking a risk every time they do this. They are also doing nothing to help transgenders image or causes. I disagree with the point that she was only 18, she knew enough to be fooling a guy online and meeting him for sex.

There are plenty of guys out there looking to meet tgirls whether for casual sex or more. There is no need to seek the thrill of fooling a guy who could be a potential nutcase.

seanchai

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by cathare
    Pfff very very sad like always... but i come from Europe (Belgium) and will someone explain to me what that's shit of "gay panick defense" sorry in my country its called murder and the person who did this must been punished severly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_panic_defense

WOW... How fucking sad

This is not right... Poor baby and her family... My condolences

Sometimes we claim life isn't fair in our stupid little moments of idiocy, but we forget stuff like this happens everyday.

I consider myself lucky yet I fear everyday for my safety in this crazy world.

We can't be punished for just being ourselves.

So sad...

The tranny philosopher. Got a problem with that? Eat my round white ass biotch!