Rookie Poster

Default Our Soldiers questioning Governments motives for this war

A soldier came home to visit family. All seemed well untill the soldier began to drink. I was told of some horrible sights. I was told of 18 and 19 year old kids being ordered to enter buildings that were to most likely blow up and still the soldier had to tell these kids to enter to their death. I have heard that no weapons of mass distructuion have been found anywhere yet. Iraqie people giving our soldiers leads that our soldiers must look into, and are set traps. and even after learning of this our soldiers are still required to go back to these people and fix their generators and give them electricity. This is a war for money and nothing else. We are killing are own soldiers and civilians in iraq because the leads are sayin that the terrorists are dressed as police, civilians, children and emts. These false leads are our own president sayin we dont kniw who the threat is so kill all. you dont know who the treat is because the people you are killing are innocent citezens. there is no threat bring our soldiers home. the soldier i spoke to is questions it all. the president does not care about our soldiers. resently on the news it said the president was goin to see the troops and let them know they are doin a good job and it will all be worth it in the end. it was all lies. I was told the president did not do this but instead flew around the base 2 times and did not even land. why are our children family and friends fighting a war for nothing but money in the governments pockets. Our soldiers are not even being equiped with enough supplies to cary out their missions. the president is sending our soldiers on suecide missions. I wrote this because i am pissed off, upset, worried and really scared for the saftey of our soldiers. Thanx for listening to me vent. Just cant wait untill Bush is outta office so our troops can return. I dont see it happening any other way.

Rookie Poster

P.s go to my myspace page to learn a little more. a recording will pop up of letters from soldiers to home

I am not sure if this narrative is your own or is quoted from another source. But it speaks the truth. This is why war should be the last option for any policy plan. Even those who come home without physical injuries pay a terrible price. The only part I disagree with is who profits from this war. It is corporations, who make war materials. And hundreds of billions of dollars have been funneled to ‘private contractor agencies’ for all kind of services.

Here’s an example; When I was in the service, one of our duty was to drive trucks to wherever it was necessary. But in Iraq a lot of those duties were given to private contract agencies, where the driver are paid many time what a soldier would make doing the same thing. Then you have the administrative cost for running a separate agency to do the transportation services. The fact that the largest corporation handling these services was one where Dick Cheney, was a former CEO, seems like a conflict of interest me.

But the biggest money factor of all is oil, of course. Last I heard, large American companies are still trying to negotiate exclusive deals over there. Part of the oil fields over there sit in Iran, thus winning a war over Iran would mean access to more oil fields. There are pipeline projects, though Afghanistan and even something in the new hotspot Georgia.

And all this greed over oil, when most of the world has agreed that it should try to reduce emissions from combustion engines. The US was the only major nations which refused to agree with the Kyoto Plan, whereas 192 other nations agreed, I believe.

The war was always about US regional domination to control oil supplies. The plans were discussed pre 9/11. The original plans to pay for the war in Iraq was to use Iraqi oil to reimburse US costs. It was mentioned publicly in Congressional hearings.