Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

One of the responses in the page link:

scarlettm512 See Profile I'm a Fan of scarlettm512

Let's see, there are major questions still unanswered about 9/11, voting irregularities in Florida 2000 and Ohio 2004, Bush deliberately used falsified info to claim Saddam had WMDs and led us into an immoral and illegal war, torture has been approved and redefined by our own justice department, the US has engaged in illegal spying on American citizens, the media is now pushing another war with Iran because the neo-cons THINK they maybe might be considering one day pursuing nukes, the economy is tanking and we are facing a likely DEPRESSION, not a recession ....

BUT, the BIG story is John Edwards' possible love child!??! WTF?? Have we lost our collective minds?

Yes, if true, Edwards is a cad and, unfortunately, just like 95% of all the other politicians in DC who cheat on their spouses -- let's not forget McCain has his own allegations of an affair that have already blown over. But America isn't bankrupt and hated by the world because Edwards cheated on his sick wife.

If progressives want to stay ahead of the story -- that is exactly what they will remind everyone about. Stop wasting time on stupid tabloid gossip and and ask why the media invests so much time on crap like this and ZERO time on all of the IMPEACHABLE offensives of the Bush administration. Americans would rather debate the scandal of adulterous sex than admit that we are dangerously close to a fascist state -- if we aren't, in fact, already one.

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz
    One of the responses in the page link:

scarlettm512 See Profile I'm a Fan of scarlettm512

BUT, the BIG story is John Edwards' possible love child!??! WTF?? Have we lost our collective minds?
    We used to have competent collective minds? Come on now, that's just sensationalism there. The American people have always cared more about their bread & circus than reality.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

If this story is true, the more I think about it, I say that he was seduced. She was an former actress. I dated an actress and I know that they are trained to use their whole body to express themselves, and also to use real life drama to improve their craft. Plus I think that it is natural for people to be attracted to others in positions of power and fame. It is said that we love our partners for the way they make us feel about ourselves. So she would have to feel very special to attract a man, who could have been president. It looks worse because of his wife’s illness, but probably her illness made it harder for her to be there for him as he fought for the most important job in the world.

The story does make for good drama, as good as any made for tv movie. But there are life and death issues for people around the world that are far more important.

One issue I will mention is that we feel that we have the right to go into someone else’s sovereign nation and kill people by dropping bombs, (specifically Pakistan, but we have done it on other nations). How would we feel if Canada bombed homes in the US to kill French Canadian separatists, and it also harmed innocent people? Questions like this have more bearing on our lives as angry foreign people can strike a US interests. John Edwards story is really mostly the story of one or two families.

Tell me again: what was Jeff Gannon doing wandering around the whitehouse in the wee hours of the morning? :>)

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Why is this a story?

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Turns out, John's now admitting the affair. Why is it a story? Who knows? But we should have seen it coming: no married man gets a $300 haircut to impress his wife.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

Trish ,
    The reason it is a story is beacasue if he doesn't uphold his commitment to his wife then how can you expect him to uphold his commitment to anything ? Also the fact that he lied about it until now shows he is not worthy of being counted on for the public trust , fact of life that as a public official you are held to a higher standard then a private citizen and the higher the position you seek the more the standard goes up .

Junior Poster

What is more disturbing is that Obama wants Edwards as attorney general . Yes, lets get a personal injury trial lawyer as attorney general ? This fraud Edwards made $ on junk science , made $ on dumb jury pools . Edwards made people believe that some birth defects were the doctors fault and now the doctors don't want to perform births because the malpractive insurance is so high and the cost of an unnatural birth is higher because of terrible lawyers like Edwards , now lets make him Attorny General , unbelievable !

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The reason it is a story is beacasue if he doesn't uphold his commitment to his wife then how can you expect him to uphold his commitment to anything ?
    Good point. It's one good reason not to vote for John Sydney McCain III. He began two timing his wife at about the same time he entered politics. He found the connections of his new paramour's wealthy father much more advantageous to his career. Besides, his wife was ill, and apparently he never really cared much for the children. So he divorced his family and married Cindy Lou Hensley, the only child of the founder of Hensley & Co. With the aid of his new connections he became the Republican representative from Arizona.

There was another time McCain didn't live up to his commitments: the time he confessed, under torture, to war crimes. Now one can forgive him such an transgression. After all, he was tortured. However, he has recently seemed to forget how serious a crime torture is and how ineffectual at getting the truth.

So thanks for pointing all that out, Jelena.

Oh and you've mentioned that
    What is more disturbing is that Obama wants Edwards as attorney general .
    I'm pretty sure that's non-issue, now.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.