Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87

i may just have to start whore-ing it up.lol

look out cocksuckers.lol

in that case, I may have to start rooting for McCain

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGrande
    Can any Obama supporters articulate a logical case for voting for Obama?facts, logic, and reason required.
    The message is right. Other than that, there's never anything else to go on unless there's a sitting President running for reelection. There's no such thing as presidential experience when you're talking about someone who's never been President. You just take your best guess based on what the candidate tells you they believe in & hope they can handle the job once they get there.

So what do they believe? At face value, based on what they say?

Obama want's America to stop crybabying over lame ideological nonsense & spite, & start working together to solve the real problems that face us. That hasn't happened in a while. We've been so busy calling each other names that the country's fallen apart while nobody was paying attention.

I used to have an idea what Mccain believed, but I'm not sure anymore. The way he keeps changing his positions to appease the right wing of the republican party, one would think he didn't know he already won the nomination. He's always been a bag man for the pentagon & he's still milking his POW status, just like he has for the last 25 years, so I guess some things don't change.

I'm just sick of all the negativity. I'm tired of politics that's nothing more than a continuous attempt to drag somebody down. There's too many pressing problems in this country to spend all our time maliciously pointing fingers at each other. We can't solve anything if we can't hold a civil discussion. That's the promised change.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Professional Poster

whoever gets in has a huge mess to clean up but, if obama gets it the right wing and the military/industrial/oil/machine will fuck things up sooo bad that romney's lying ass can come in in 2012 like a reagan cowboy..remember i said it....they want obama to be the next carter admin(in the eyes of bad history-carter got stuck with nixons mess)...secondly,if obama cant get shit done due to "the man"(see the forementioned )the white supremacists in league with the far right will publicize the failure of a black man running things(see above giulianidinkns correalation),they will milk this to noend via rush limbaugh oxycodoned induced rants and thee bloggosphere to git 'r' done in 2012-romney..............

Junior Poster

and now its time for a jibjab break

http://sendables.jibjab.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jibjab_173.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	191234  

Platinum Poster

The folks at jibjab are brilliant.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by worthy2
    America loses no matter what if obama or mccain is elected the best person for the job is Ron Paul and Ralph Nadar together. Just look at Obama;s voting record over the last few years and it proves he is not out to help the people
    Ron Paul is a batshit crazy right-winger. Ralph Nader is not qualified to run a 7-11, much less a nation.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenguinea
    I keep hearing he's for change. i seem to recall that being the democrats battle cry during the mid term elections. Boy we sure got change after they took control of congress. Gas prices doubled. Economy in the shitter. Property values in free fall.
    It's amazing to see how, despite the wide presence of the Internet, people are completely unable to establish causal relationships between causes and results.

I don't understand how anyone could vote for a Republican for President, Senator, Congressman or even dogcatcher after Reagan, Newt Gingrich's 'Republican Revolution' and 8 years of Bush/Cheney. Have you been paying attention? The Republicans are CONservatives. They think that the 'Market' can solve all our problems. They don't believe in government. Remember Reagan's famous line about the most frightening phrase in the english language being "I'm from the govt and I'm here to help"? Let's not forget his claim that trees cause more air pollution than cars or that ketchup is a vegetable, either. Heavyweight Republican policy maker Grover Norquist said that Conservatives wanted to shrink the size of govt until "we can drown it in a bathtub". Rush Limbaugh said "Roosevelt (President FDR) is dead. His policies live on but we're doing something about that." FDR's policies are what got us out of the Republican Great Depression and paved the way for the flourishing middle class which grew after WWII.

Republicans/CONservatives don't believe in govt oversight of business. All those pesky rules protecting workers rights and safety and the environment are bad for profits, don'cha know. They don't believe in Social Security, Medicare, Unions, free public education, govt sponsored student loans, federal housing assistance, unemployment compensation, worker's comp., minimum wage laws, fair wage laws, a progressive income tax or any policy which promotes the development of a strong middle class. They certainly don't believe in universal health care - God forbid that we should interfere with the insurance industry's profits!

Here's a few thoughts from the first great American Liberal Thomas Jefferson:
    "Those seeking profits, were they given total freedom, would not be the ones to trust to keep government pure and our rights secure. Indeed, it has always been those seeking wealth who were the source of corruption in government."

"I am not among those who fear the people. They, and not the rich, are our dependence for continued freedom. ... We must make our election between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. ... [Otherwise], as the people of England are, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, ... and the sixteenth being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they now do, on oatmeal and potatoes; have no time to think, no means of calling the mismanagers to account; but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow sufferers."

"Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise."

Jefferson also felt that a market ruled solely by corporations could change America "...until the bulk of the society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery, to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering. Then begins, indeed, the bellum omnium in omnia, which some philosophers observing to be so general in this world, have mistaken it for the natural, instead of the abusive state of man."

Get out there and vote Democratic, people. They're far from perfect, but they're the best we have atm.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Can any Obama supporters articulate a logical case for voting for Obama?facts, logic, and reason required.
    As I've remarked before, there not just one valid case to be made but thousands.

Today let’s look at the Surge.

General Petraeus and the troops have brought down the rate of violence in Baghdad, where the surge is primarily focused. This does not mean the violence is under control. It only means the rate of the death rate is, at for now, negative. The troops for the surge have been obtained largely by extending the tours of duty of those already in service. The troops are to be congratulated for their hard work and sacrifice. The real progress in Iraq, the success the administration is touting, is not in Baghdad but in Anbar Province. It’s rather odd, however, to ascribe the drop in violence there to the surge which has barely touched Anbar. What’s going on in Anbar is the Arab Awakening. This has more to do with Petraeus’s counterinsurgency tactics and the decision of Shiite and Sunni to cooperate and help each other oust foreign insurgents than it has to do with the extended tours of duty some call the surge.

Does McCain understand any of this? It’s doubtful. He doesn’t even know that Iraq doesn’t border Pakistan. McCain repeatedly confuses the distinction between Shiite and Sunni, a distinction crucial to understanding the political complexities of the Middle East and Iraq in particular. McCain was a C student in college and he remained a C student as a Senator. He’s proven repeatedly that he’s confused by the simplest distinctions. He claims to know how to win wars. But McCain has never won a war. Indeed he has never had a command unless you count the time near the end of his military career when he was in charge of a training squadron in Florida.

Obama needs no geography lessons or briefs on Middle East politics. He understands the basics and the subtleties. He is in essence already our leader by default via the vacuum of leadership in the current Whitehouse: Obama has urged time tables for the diminution of U.S. troops in Iraq. Now Maliki, Bush and McCain are talking time tables (oops time horizons…sorry). Obama has called for increased troop levels in Afghanistan. Now Bush and McCain see the light…a few short weeks after Obama, they too are calling for more troop presence in Afghanistan.

McCain has recently said that the ultimate humiliation for the U.S. would be a withdrawal of her troops from Iraq. Bush has already humiliated the U.S. by invading Iraq and citing for his justification intelligence reports that were transparently false. An Obama presidency would restore integrity once again to our great nation.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    Quote Originally Posted by trish
    There are thousands of reasons.
    Bingo, trish!

Here's another: Obama wouldn't have vetoed the stem cell research bill, which could one day save your life or a loved one's.

And another: an end to tax cuts and tax havens for the top few percent.

And another: a sane foreign policy, one that isn't controlled by a senile old fool like McCain who knows nothing but war. A man who graduated in the bottom 1 percent of his class at Annapolis, yet still managed to get the highly coveted assignment of carrier pilot. A man who touts his POW experiences to cover up his otherwise very mediocre military career as a naval aviator. A man who has shown that he is willing to flip-flop on any position in order to get elected...in other words, another war-mongering white man of privilege like our current chimp-in-chief.
    you are a Marxist, are you not