Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster gummi baer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrShow52
    like america dodged a bullet
    ...and bought into a plane crash!

"But I said I don't like sour stuff."--Naota (FLCL)

Quote Originally Posted by hingshing
    I'm all for Obama, however i am kind of scared to see whats going to happen in the months preceding the election, i have a bad feeling cuz i think that the powers that be are not ready to give up the white anglo-saxon power structure and would never allow a black president. I doubt that the people's votes really count anyway, im waiting to see someone get shot, or a fake terrorist attack to scare everyone into voting republican, or initiating a war with Iran to scare everyone into voting for the rich white guy, either way if the rich white guy somehow gets into office we're all fucked too because it would probably take any of those crazy scenarios to get him into office which as a result means oil prices will skyrocket way out of control so we'll be looking at 8$ a gallon this fall/winter,,,,
    Why are you all for him? No one seems to be able to answer that question, except for "he's for change, man." Well that is great. Change could mean that he plans on leading the country down the tubes.

America is ready for a black president- it's time to get off the anti- WASP bang wagon, it is kind of first gradish. What America isn't ready for is a president that feels more like a citizen of the world, more than he feels like an American citizen. His little world tour, quite honestly is a joke. Since when do we need the approval of the Germans and the Brits to elect our next president? McCain is no better, pandering to the Mexicans and Canadians that he won't screw with NAFTA.

I think we are fucked- one guy that doesn't identify as an American and another guy that wants to sell us out to big business.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrShow52
    like america dodged a bullet

"Out of my mind....Back in 5 minutes"

callahac, I don't think that Obama's "world tour" is aimed at getting the "approval" of Germans, British people or little green men from Mars for you to elect your next president. It's just a PR exercise aimed at showing that a possible future US administration is aware that there's a world beyond the borders of the territory it administrates.

In any case, I don't see what's wrong in considering oneself to be a citizen of the world; The United States isn't the only country on the face of the planet, however much that might displease you.

Fork 'andles

GREAT! Thats how i'll feel!

Junior Poster

I will feel the same way I felt when stinking Dinkins became mayor of NYC. I knew nothing will change, and I was right then.

An Obama presidency will be the equivalent of the Dinkins administration. And Obama will be a one-termer too. And, just like Guiliani the next republican to run for president in 2012 will use racial animosity to cruise to an easy victory.

For those in NYC who lived through Dinkins and Guiliani, I am afraid we are in for Round 2 - this time on a national scale.

Whoever is the next President will probably be a one term. No matter what the next Pres does, the chickens birthed over the last decade will come home to roost, and when the shit hits the fan, whoever is currently driving the bus will get blamed.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Quote Originally Posted by unctrld1
    I will feel the same way I felt when stinking Dinkins became mayor of NYC. I knew nothing will change, and I was right then.

An Obama presidency will be the equivalent of the Dinkins administration. And Obama will be a one-termer too. And, just like Guiliani the next republican to run for president in 2012 will use racial animosity to cruise to an easy victory.

For those in NYC who lived through Dinkins and Guiliani, I am afraid we are in for Round 2 - this time on a national scale.
    Curious what you think of this: Obama gets elected, economy tanks (not his fault; it just does), out of work rednecks need someone to blame, white supremacist groups emerge/re-emerge, Obama gets assassinated.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Beside the fact that the real rulers of this world are bankers through seigniorage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seigniorage

eight years of neo-con is enough.

Rookie Poster

Happy.

Can any Obama supporters articulate a logical case for voting for Obama?facts, logic, and reason required.