Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adele

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

Default Re: Adele

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Awards don't validate or 'prove' a singer or artist.
    If you like Adele and believe she's a talent, that's enough. No one likes someone because they won a Grammy.
    We aren't talking designer label clothing an apparel. Musicians aren't fashion statements.

Thank God we don't all like the same music.
    I'd shoot myself in the head!!!
    Actually I do, every good artist gets a grammy from Anita baker, to Chaka, to Aretha. Her winning those grammys Validates her artistry and music.. sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawkinit View Post
    Evon,

I know quite a few label reps and producers, that would not touch Adele with a 12 foot pole. The thing about the Music industry is that people come and go. Yes, the producers, A&Rs and Label that picked her up has made money, but they also know that Adele is a "fad" for the youth (As in 16 -23, the number we all came up with) of today. I was actually in a studio the other day for someones demo recording, and one of the engineers was doing some Mixing for a song with Adeles voice, and it turned in to a gigantic discussion between all of the A&Rs that were there, the Agents, and us Artist Managers. In the end, everyone agreed that she has talent, but not enough to warrant stardom.

I am not trying to be an ass, as I have listened to a few of her songs, as well as met her. She is a really nice girl. The issue is that she was propelled to stardom due to songs about her Ex, what comes now? No one knows but her. But personally, and professionally, I do NOT see her continuing to carry on as a Hit Maker.
    Well there's a reason why shes not signed with them, and the other labels are making millions of her beautiful voice, and her songs... You have to invest on singers you think would be legends and so far those labels that signed her were pretty smart...

An artist in known for her craft...Adele is known for her break up songs and will still be in the industry a long time, you know why? Guys are assholes and jerks and keep breaking women's hearts... Many women, or men would love to hear her during this times of their emotional state...

She is a girl many women can relate to, it's different from the whole sexy image and I can appreciate her for going there and just being herself, it empowers women. I approve!

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvonRose View Post
    Actually I do, every good artist gets a grammy from Anita baker, to Chaka, to Aretha. Her winning those grammys Validates her artistry and music.. sorry...

Not saying those artists who have won Grammys aren't talented. But if Adele had NEVER won a Grammy, would you like her any less??
    Billie Holliday and Diana Ross never won Grammys either.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Not saying those artists who have won Grammys aren't talented. But if Adele had NEVER won a Grammy, would you like her any less??
    Billie Holliday and Diana Ross never won Grammys either.
    Well there's a reason why millions like her so much and she won a grammy, People do not win grammys for nothing....

Diana was nominated many times and won a golden globe, and tony... there are other recognition besides Grammy that's just an example...

Btw I don't normally like music Adele sings, Just because im keen on one individual don't mean that's my music taste... My Favorite female singer In Toni Braxton and I love old school R&B, motown, and blues...

Last edited by EvonRose; 12-07-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvonRose View Post
    You don't seriously mean that, do you? Grammy awards are based on popularity not on skill.

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    You don't seriously mean that, do you? Grammy awards are based on popularity not on skill.
    I don't think that's necessarily true, there many popular artist in the industry more so than Adele that don't have any award recognition for their craft and arts... So yes i do mean it.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

I can see that mariah Carey has a good voice, but for me she misuses with all the weird modulations in her singing.