Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X
    Plus if you are a cheap bastard you could join one of the grooby sites that has the alternate join Shemale yum for discounted price as a bonus.
    Oh I'm not being cheap. I'm currently a member of the following sites:

Shemale-Club.com (Soon to be ex-member) (Sucks because you can only DL 3G in a 24hr period!)

Latina-Shemales.com

Private-transsexual.com

Brazilianshemalesclub.com

Lb69.com

Extreme-ladyboys.com

Shemalestrokers.com

Jbvideo.com

And soon Piladyboy.com

$35 is not bad for new members because of the archives on yum. But for a member who has been there for years, $35 is too much for weekly teaser clips. I would have no problem paying $40 a month if seanchai would post the entire set of the girls.

I have no problem spending money when i feel it's worth it.

And how long have you been a member of shemaleyum anyway Mr. Big Spender??

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fitz207
    I would have no problem paying $40 a month if seanchai would post the entire set of the girls.

I have no problem spending money when i feel it's worth it.
    Fitz, I'm a little confused by the above comment. What do you mean the entire set of the girls? Every time an update goes up, every set is entire - which is usually 80-120 images and 7-15 mins of video for each set. The only set that gets "split" is the Girl of the Month - which goes up once a month, we do half the set at the first update of the month - and the second half at the mid-way point (usually 2 weeks later) in the month.

Your going to have to explain what you mean when you say "the entire sets of the girls". PLEASE.

There are some good sites in the ones you mention but some of them charge more than we do, for less material (or cheaper material?).

Sincerely, please let me know on the above, as I really don't know what you mean.
    seanchai

Quote Originally Posted by fitz207
    And soon Piladyboy.com
    That's music to my ears!

Our membership fee is indeed much lower than Yum's, but then again we can't offer either the HUGE archive that they have (who can?) or the number of updates they do, not to mention often introducing girls for the first time who then go on to be very popular. I think it's value for the money, and Seanchai definitely is offering outstanding value. I don't think there's better value for the dollar to be had.

At Piladyboy we're offering value in the form of a niche that's under-represented and with many models you won't see elsewhere. Our inventory is growing (currently over 70 models) but we've a long way to go. We did celebrate our one year anniversary last month though!

Veteran Poster
    Los Angeles Via Austin Via Ft. Worth Via Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    1. Model costs rising rapidly.
    2. Servers more expensive due to weak dollar + more bandwidth needed because of the larger videos and images.
    3. Buying HD cameras for all photographers.
    4. Related expenses rising for shipping, office bills, etc.
    5. Software to combat piracy.

blah, blah, blah.

We split ONE set a month, the Girl of the Month. We show at least 8 full sets a week + video in HD or HQ.

Why did you feel the need to bring what seems like a personal message into a public forum? It sounds like a pathetic whine to embarrass me? If you had a question you could easily have emailed me?

Business is business, we don't do it to lose money but we do believe in producing excellent value for money, alongside a product that we're proud of. There is no other transsexual website that offers the value for money that we do.

Many members are grandfathered in at the cheaper rate, some even at $19.99 a month - their cost will NEVER rise.

You can shove that "sounds like greed" comment up your arse also!

seanchai
    I personally did not find the question out of line. The "greed" comment, yes.

I think every business today is having to explain the rise in costs to their buyers and consumers and a public forum is an ideal means to do so. Everyone from Puma to Borden's is raising their wholesale costs. So, it's not unusual for someone else to ask why.

Monsieur Valentine

"He makes love to the Duke. He swordfights the Queen. And you think the score's set but you can't truly see. Til you know the two sides of Monsieur Valentine."

As an old-school member Seanchai I say charge what you need to keep up the great work and make a fair buck as the guy that started it all.

Thanks, and I have enjoyed every penny I have paid.

You sell whatever you want, but don't sell it here tonight. (Bullitt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKg27i5Y3T4

Actually if anyone really wants to save some money and get the sites for as little as $16.66 per month !!!!

http://grooby.com/paybymail.html

Professional Poster

Will you guys shoot Kimber James soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinand
    Will you guys shoot Kimber James soon?
    Buddy has shot a number of Kimber scenes for Shemale Yum

Rookie Poster

The only problem I ever had with the site was when you got rid of the lower monthly fee for old customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenguinea
    The only problem I ever had with the site was when you got rid of the lower monthly fee for old customers.
    We never got rid of any lower monthly fees - anybody who'd stayed a customer was grandfathered in at those prices - with the exception of maybe the $10 for three months price, which is the cost when we started. If members credit cards expired and they were unable to join at the old price, we sorted it out directly with them by either giving them extra months or time on other sites to compensate them. customerservice@grooby.com

Take a look at the link above to see how little you can get it for.