Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default I think I have met the man of my dreams.

You can skip the first two paragraphs if legal shit bores you.

Ok here's the back story. I had a shady landlord who had trouble paying his bills. With him I agreed that I would pay him rent out of my student loan monies. He welched on his obligations, did not pay for trash pick up. So I sue him. The bank sues him to foreclose the building and gets posession. No one can find him to bring him to court. The bank, only after I complain about code violations sues me for "Forcible entry and detainer". I go to court and demand a Jury. Planning to use the defense that I had this verbal amendment to my lease and that this is little more than retaliation and discrimination against me because I am TS.

Before it goes to trial I write him a letter offering a settlement. After some wrangling. I get their case dropped if I move out by the end of the month, which was the last month on my lease anyway, Don't have to pay them a dime, but waive my right to sue them as well. That's no rent paid since May. It's like I made $2400. I go into court this morning expecting some old fat guy and instead.....

He was, as Mimi's gay children say, a papi. In an earlier thread it was asked of us girls to describe our perfect men and for me here he was. Almost perfect. 6' athletic, brown eyes, a Lawyer at a down town lawfirm, just a bit older than me, he knows my T and dosen't seem to care. If we had been in the elevator leaving the courtroom alone it would have been hard for me to hold off sucking his cock right then. I got a strong vibe that if it would not be a conflict of interest he would have taken me to lunch or asked me out. I am floating on a cloud right now. Praise be to Allah! I hope he ask me out after this matter is closed.

Or was he just being a good lawyer by giving me that impression. What says the room?

what about the back rent you owe him?

Veteran Poster

pros and cons ---there are two sides to every crush ----maybe he was just doing his job ---maybe he was attracted to by how cute you are ------

you're excited ---

but like I said ---two sides to every crush -------for your sake --we can only hope (for now) ---that he felt the way you felt ---feel -----

---

In a pyromantic way
    I'm her slave

living for her to ignite --

Platinum Poster

loka try not to live too much for the boys.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

What? I have no idea what's going on in this thread. Relationships are complicated, trust me on that statement. Stick with it until the ship sinks, or sails.

Veteran Poster

You should always get leases witnessed. What is your laywer's opinion of the 'verbal amendment'?

Either way, Congrats. I hope it all goes well with this guy and your case.

Hmmmmmmm, was it one sided. Did he give any hints of personal interest? Did you guys have conversation on a personal level? Or just professional. Any casual physical contact, a subtle wink??

It is unclear who you met in court: The landlord (If so, base your crush on his previous poor performance as a human being), his attorney (If so, base your crush on his lacking of being human), or the rep for the bank (If so, request cash in advance with a security deposit equal to one year's alimony).

Personally, I would advise that you avoid anyone that you meet in a courtroom or JP office. No one there is a happy person, ever. After I turned my back on the governor's bid I was asked to be a JP magistrate and, after some fiendish fantasizing, decided against it figuring that after I made enough people cry in one day one or more of them would meet me in the parking lot with a baseball bat. Needless to say, I don't 't see the venue as a very healthy dating pool, either.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    what about the back rent you owe him?
    They have release me from all liability. No back rent, no damage to the apartment, nothing. I also released them from all liability, nothing for the violations of Chicago's ordinance (something called the"Residential Lanlord and Tennants Ordinance"), Or for how their building manager violated my civil rights as a transsexual woman.

Basically neither of us wanted to try and see who the jury would hate more. TS women or mortgage bankers.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TsVanessa69
    Hmmmmmmm, was it one sided. Did he give any hints of personal interest? Did you guys have conversation on a personal level? Or just professional. Any casual physical contact, a subtle wink??
    Yes we spent like 15 minutes after court just talking about our personal lives. He confided in me about how little money lawyers at his stage really make. I confided in him about how tough it is in science. There was a bit of flirtatious touching. Smiles. Let me put it this way. It was way too friendly to just be 100% professional. It was more like he had to fight his impulses, and I mine in order to keep it professional.

Or that could be that he is just a smooth player trying to make sure I keep my end of the deal and get out.