Okay, I found this blurb rather interesting. I have been a BP subscriber for several years, being a fairly big baseball fan and fantasy baseball player. Well... in the middle of this article on new stat-celeb, Nate Silver, is an intriguing paragraph on longtime BP writer Chris or Christina Kahrl...

In 1995 Gary Huckabay, then an MBA student at the University of California, Davis, founded Baseball Prospectus to fill what he saw as a “pretty big gap in the market.” Part of a rich pool of smart people already analyzing baseball in a Usenet newsgroup, he recruited four fellow Usenet users, including Chris Kahrl, AB’90, to help him launch BP. The company’s trademark would be innovative statistical analysis, presented in an entertaining, humorous style. “There are plenty of boring analysts out there,” says Kahrl (who has been living as a woman since 2003 and now uses the byline Christina Kahrl). “And lots of people can put together a spreadsheet, but not everyone can make it sing.”
Huh... I had no idea Kahrl was transsexual. I'll have to dig through the archives at BP and see if she makes any mention of it.