Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Professional Poster Looking 4 Now's Avatar

I went to Lucho's once on a friday nite, all guys...gay bar

Edelweiss was my all time favorite. I never liked Sally's or Now bar

Allanah's parties are great but there only once a month and starting to lose some of it's luster. Not as many pretty girls as there use be and the guys are starting to out number the girls as of late and at 50 bucks a throw, no bargain

Edelweiss had some run, seven days a week and always packed on the weekends. It was like the wild west anything went in there and made Allanahs parties look tame. It's hard to tell how big it was but I'll bet it held as many people as Shelter

BTW I hear their open again on seventh Ave

While were on the subject anyone remember the Grapevine on 47th street

Professional Poster

Before I head out to the Thursday party anybody know how the new Edelweiss is? (I'm still going to the Thursday parties though)

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

[quote="TomSelis"]Before I head out to the Thursday party anybody know how the new Edelweiss is? (I'm still going to the Thursday parties though)[/quot

IT'S DEAD

Junior Poster

Default Luchos and other options

Hingshing and Looking, I also tried Lucho's because I'd read that there were many tgirls there.

Hing, please tell us more about your experience at luchos.

Now that I'm married, I can't hang out late unless wifey is out of town. The night I went, the place didn't open till ten and as Looking said, the night I went, it was a gay club with all guys until about 1 or 2 am, when the first tgirls came in. The night I went, there were only 2 or 3 and it was just past my bedtime, I had to drag my ass home. But I have heard that sometimes there are a lot of girls there. I have heard vague rumors that there are other mainly tgirl places in the neighborhood, but never found them. There is a place under the el that has shows, but again I think its mostly a gay club.

Tom, as for Edelweiss, I think, but am not sure, that even its last location closed, which was 7th ave south. The police just have a hard on for that club because of the complaints from community boards about the drugs and prostitution that took place at its 11th ave location in its last sad years.

Also the owner/manager was kind of a nut case. There were very funny articles in the newspapers about his trial to close the 11th ave location, because he would say shit in open court, like "yeah I let the girls do drugs and whore because it made me money, what's wrong with that."

I read a horror story on Queenmothernyc boards about the 7th ave south location, where the cops would carry out surveillance of the club and anyone who left with a girl was arrested and sent to "john school."

Needless to say, business dropped off at that place like wiley coyote off a cliff. So if it is open, be very very careful.

Let's hear it from the nyc tgirls. Where do you go when you want to chill, ladies?

Also any more info about Luchos

I see a girl from that area and she assures there are no ts bars in Queens
    You may find a few t-girls in the gay clubs once in a while but that's not for me

If anyone knows different please post

Junior Poster

There are no TRANNIE CLUBS in Queens: Luchos, Atlantis, Friends Tavern and Music Box are all GAY CLUBS but alot of trannies attend. They arrive after 1:30 AM

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

banana never looked so appetizing

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Default Re: more nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by nychot
    so does anyone remember p.t. barnums and the spanish named tgrrl bar several blocks north of sallys, off 8th ave?
    If you had said South instead of North, I would have guessed Esquilita.

Rookie Poster

Default re luchos

hey,
    just my two cents on Luchos. ive been going there for about a year and a half now, not consistently mind you, but enough to get the flavor of the place. When I first went, it was on a Wed night and there was absolutely nothing to do in the city on a Wed, Tgirl wise - Im probably wrong about that but for this posts sake, ill leave it at that.
    When I walked in, it was crawling with girls. A mix of Cds and Tgs but enough tgs were there to compare with say, Now bar on a Thur night back in the day.
    As time progressed and i think this has some direct correlation with Allanahs parties sprouting up over the last year, the attendance at Luchos has gone down. Keep in mind that i dont get there on the weekends so thats probablythe case too.
    I think if you go there on say a thur, after 2am you might see a good crowd.
    There is a large gay latino crowd there every night but its not overwhelming, its a comfortable and fun place when theres enough girls there.
    Another note - as posted in many of these posts regarding jackson heights and the clubs around there - be safe, it can get sketchy at night under the 7 train. i made a stupid mistake one night and wound up in elmhurst hospitial. not fun. you can run into some shady characters around there.

steve