Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: ANYONE REMEMBER P.T. BARNUM'S

Quote Originally Posted by Danny partridge
    Quote Originally Posted by nychot
    edelweis started in an asian restaurant down on 29th street before moving next to the market diner at 43rd and 10th,
    I think you may be confusing 2 spots. There was Speed Limit 55, which was a Japanese restaurant, but I'm pretty sure Edeleweis was German.

Damn Danny you read my mind.LOL i could not remember the name of the restaurant that housed the original Edel parites. Lo and behold ya come up with the answer. If i recall coprrectly didn't the party float in a few spaces besides Speed Limit. My memory is pretty fuzzy gotta leave that weed alone lol.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take your breath away

Junior Poster

Default Nostalgia is great -- but what about now?

Thanks for all your replies. You make the new guy on the block feel welcome!

For a walk down memory lane, some photographer created a website that has photos and a history of Sally's.

http://www.sallys-hideaway.com/

One extremely odd fact that this history does not mention is that when the manager of Sally's, a Tgirl named Dorian Corey, died, the police discovered a body in her closet. The body had been wrapped in plastic and the person had apparently been killed many years before, and Dorian, unable to safely dispose of the victim, had been carrying the body around from apartment to apartment for years!

I remember that in the mid 90s I was newly divorced and working long hours and weekends. On Sunday afternoons, after work, I would spend time at Sally's or Edelweiss and it was very friendly, calm and non-hustley at those times.

At times, I have heard rumors that there is one or more similar place in Queens in the Latin community around Roosevelt Ave, but it seems to be a well kept secret in the Latin community.

Any info would be appreciated, because I can't really hang out at night like I used to.

Junior Poster

Default back in the day

the best "booth" place was the one on 4orty duce, right off of eighth that had had the t girl thing upstairs...they had the rotunda up front, where you could put in tokens with the window going up and seeing the girl in there, and giving her tip etc..and then the individaul girls in the back int the single booths...with the glas partisians....when security got lax, you could get a couple big tokens, and the girl would sneak into your side of the booth and you could have a short taste of girl cock there for 10 or 15 bucks....around the corner on 43rd, south side of the street was i guess sally II, where a lot of the same booth girls would go after work and hang out.....but that was a real "bar" bar....girls at booths talking ...i used to go in there and shoot pool after work and eyeball some of the girls that i had seen earlier at lunchtime in the t girl joint....and i guess on weekends and late night there was dancing and the whole scence cause they had a dj and what not...acuatually there, was TWO PLACES on 43rd that i m thinking about ..one was just this long bar, with a pool table in the back and one was a bigger joint that had a square bar with more room and tables off to one side...maybe that was really sally's II.....different scene different times.....hey, anybody remember that place on 46st street...off of broadway? i fell in love with a girl fromthat bar!

Gold Poster

YOu know a lot of us have probably seen each other at these pplaces and don't even know it, lol

Junior Poster

WOW that is hot i wish i was into trannies back then I would have had a ball....now you have a few places like Crash out in queens an ike someone said ealier you have to wait till late for a sweet girl to show up

Rookie Poster

Default for real

Quote Originally Posted by canihavu
    YOu know a lot of us have probably seen each other at these pplaces and don't even know it, lol
    we've prolly crossed paths and bumped heads a few times......

we prolly pissed each other off a few times too......LOL

It's kinda weird reading all these accounts. Back in the late 70s through the early 90s we used to go visit my inlaws in the city, and every so often I managed to slip away and visit some of these places. I don't remember any names--I wasn't there often enough for names to sink in--but the descriptions of a couple of them sound very familiar. I remember one hot hand job I got in one of those plastic booths with holes cut out, spaced for mouth and, conveniently, groin. I saw a few trannys in those places, though mostly gg's back then. Come to think of it, that means my first tranny encounter was almost 15 years earlier than I thought, though I don't really count those booth encounters.

Professional Poster

Default the good old days

One time years ago, I was at Eidelweiss when it was on 28th or near there, and I met and got to go home with Summer St. Cerly. What a night and no fees included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: ANYONE REMEMBER P.T. BARNUM'S

Quote Originally Posted by Reddman
    Damn Danny you read my mind.LOL i could not remember the name of the restaurant that housed the original Edel parites. Lo and behold ya come up with the answer. If i recall coprrectly didn't the party float in a few spaces besides Speed Limit. My memory is pretty fuzzy gotta leave that weed alone lol.
    Yeah, I think it floated around a bit, but in that general vicinity for a bit before settling on Edelweis; and if i remember correctly, it was only because they settled there for a while that they took the name Edelwies because that was the actual name of the German place. Before that I don't remember if they had a specific name. The big reason I remember Speed Limit 55 is that I actually ate at the restaurant before they started having the parties there. Actually, it was probably the best place of all of them, space wise: big, high ceiling, etc. It was sort of a cross between a restuarant and a club. It was the first restaurant I remember eating at that had a DJ (even when they were only open as a restaurant).

Default more nostalgia

so does anyone remember p.t. barnums and the spanish named tgrrl bar several blocks north of sallys, off 8th ave?